Transporting Drone on Windstar

Ryancu01

I will be going on a cruise later this year in Europe aboard the windstar, and going to be spending a week prior to the cruise traveling and want to bring my drone to capture some aerial photography of some islands. 

Reading windstars faqs, it’s says they are banned (along with nuclear waste) from being onboard altogether. Has anyone had any experiences with this? Would they confiscate (do they search bags) and give it back at the end of the cruise it if I tried to bring it onboard (it fits in my backpack), or deny me from boarding? Obviously don’t want to risk getting denied boarding, so want to understand. 

Appreciate the guidance!

Your research showed you that they're prohibited by the business in charge of your cruise. What else do you need to know?

Have you researched the laws on the islands you have in mind, or are you going to use the high-testosterone Uber system: Act now and apologize later? There's no Bill of Rights in most other countries.

(Attached photo is from Copenhagen, but that's not the point.) Maybe Windstar is so wimpy that they have signed documents promising not to knowingly transport banned equipment into countries they visit?

NoDrones.JPG

The country is Greece and it’s perfectly legal to use drones there - with a few limitations.

I can can leave it at the hotel in Athens if I want to as we will be returning to the hotel after the cruise as a last resort, but was trying to get some real world experiences. 

Seems like you don’t like drones, but I always fly within accordance with the local laws.