Cape Liberty & Wine Store Question

djandnic

We will be going on the Anthem in September and it will be our first time sailing out of Cape Liberty. There is a wine we like that we can't buy in PA. but it is available in NJ so we were thinking of buying 2 bottles to take on board on our way to the ship Saturday. Does anyone know if there is a wine store (not sure what they're called in NJ, in PA it's a liquor store) near Cape Liberty (that we could easily find since we're not familiar with the area)?

If there isn't perhaps we'll take a day trip to buy it ahead of time, but I don't think you're really supposed to bring it back across state lines, so that's why I was looking to buy it on the way to the ship.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses!!:classic_smile:

I shop in PA and NJ all the time and carry wine and booze between both.

In PA you guys have State Stores and Beer distributors...in NJ we just have liquor stores that sell it all...though our grocery stores for the most part do NOT have alcohol (wegmans does though)

20 hours ago, 138east said:

This is close to the port on the next peninsula - 

Wine Warehouse
1 Lefante Way
Bayonne, New Jersey, 07002-5070
United States

(201) 858-2727 

Give them a call to see if they stock what you want.

I'll do that thank you

3 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I’ve never heard about not transporting wine across state lines? How would they even check? My sister has wine shipped to me in NJ and flies home with it.

If you would get stopped and they check it is illegal to transport liquor / wine across state lines, at least into Pa.  As an example Maryland prices are much lower but if caught bring it back across the state line, there are huge fines.

I looked at a couple on-line site but all indicate they cannot ship to Pa.

Our Pa government at work...….I can't wait to retire in a few years and move to a more reasonable state.

I knew there were restrictions with selling and shipping across state lines, but did not realize this extended to personal transportation of a small amount for home consumption.  I know we purchased a case in NY years ago and never had an issue purchasing it even though we had PA ID and would be taking it home.

Many grocery stores in PA now have wine and beer cafes, possibly your wine is now carried there even if not at Fine Wine and Good Spirits (the old State Stores).  I also find what is stocked to greatly vary among the Wine & Spirit locations.

Most Sheetz (gas stations) now sell beer too, and possibly wine.

I googled it, it appears the law is trying to prevent businesses from buying and selling out of state liquor (I actually just brought NJ wine into PA a few days ago, I’ve lived in NJ my entire life except for the 4 years I attended college in NJ and never heard of the law).

• Like 1

Just wondering if it is 1 bottle per adult or 1 bottle of wine per room.  We have adjoining rooms on the Anthem but our 17 year is on the reservation for the other room with our other 2 children..  Thanks.