Kagoshima, Japan

colorado35

Would appreciate any information for visiting Kagoshima, Japan through any local guides you may have used or how best to see that city if you didn't want to use the cruise ship excursions.  We will be on Spectrum of the Seas and will be in Kagoshima on July 26, 2019.   We are only in port from 13:00 (1:00 PM) to 21:00 (9:00PM).

I highly recommend using a goodwill guide.   They are english speaking volunteers who give of their time to show you around their city.   The only cost to you is the guides transport, entry fees and meals if you are with them at meal time.  We hav used these guides in many cities all over Japan and never been disappointed.   It i always nice to spend time with a true local,  If you decided to book them you need to book as soon as available as they are in high demand at all times and more so on cruise days.

https://www.japan.travel/en/plan/list-of-volunteer-guides/

Thank you so much Miaminice for your wonderful travelogue! We just booked on the Westerdam (HAL) Japan 14 day cruise Mar. 28, 2020 RT Yokohama. We are just starting to study the ports and like you, really like to book out our tours or sometimes go it alone. Any like minded travelers who want to join up please contact us.

What board did you use to find others to join your group in Tokyo?

Thank you Tara Jane.   I didn't realize your could find volunteers in different areas.  I wonder if this is only in Japan or in other countries?    I will look into it and thank you for the suggestion of booking early.

On 3/3/2019 at 4:23 PM, bfgood2 said:

Thank you so much Miaminice for your wonderful travelogue! We just booked on the Westerdam (HAL) Japan 14 day cruise Mar. 28, 2020 RT Yokohama. We are just starting to study the ports and like you, really like to book out our tours or sometimes go it alone. Any like minded travelers who want to join up please contact us.

What board did you use to find others to join your group in Tokyo?

Have you looked at Cruise Critic/Roll Call/HA/Westerdam page? - you can join your fellow cruisers there and see if others have started planning tours.

8 hours ago, waggie said:

Have you looked at Cruise Critic/Roll Call/HA/Westerdam page? - you can join your fellow cruisers there and see if others have started planning tours.

Yes, I'm on the Roll Call, which is  great tool. Thanks.

8 hours ago, waggie said:

Yes, I'm on the Roll Call, which is is lots of fun and very helpful. Thanks.

Edited by bfgood2
delete double entry