Accessible Transport Rome Airport to Cruise Terminal

kitty9

I'm trying to find accessible Transport from the Rome Airport to the cruise Terminal.  I use a scooter full time and I can't seem to find a company. Our cruise ends in Barcelona, and I've found three companies there, but nothing so far for Rome.  Any help is definitely appreciated. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2019 at 7:23 AM, kitty9 said:

I'm trying to find accessible Transport from the Rome Airport to the cruise Terminal.  I use a scooter full time and I can't seem to find a company. Our cruise ends in Barcelona, and I've found three companies there, but nothing so far for Rome.  Any help is definitely appreciated. 

I also use a scooter and have booked with shuttleexpress based in Fiumicino Airport. I can manage the steps to the bus.

Unfortunately, it has been too many years since I contacted a company that could transport both our scooters. Thus, I no longer have the info on my computer. Both Ruth and I use the small scooters. I found listings for shuttle services and wrote to a few of them. The vehicle was not wheelchair accessible and the driver assisted Ruth getting in. We also shared it with a couple other cruisers.

More recently, Ruth and I took the tain to get to the airport. However, I am not aware of any train that goes directly between the Airport (Fiumicino Aeroporto) and Civitavecchia (Cruise Port). On our last trip, Ruth and I had a late flight out, so we booked the train from the port to a small town southwest of Rome, did some sightseeing and then took the train from there to the airport. That particular trip we strarted on the trains in Milan, continued to Florence and then onto Rome before the cruise. I made all the arrangements through “Sale Blu” https://www.italiarail.com/travellers-disabilities http://www.rfi.it/rfi-en/For-persons-with-disability

In Civitavecchia, the train station was close enough to the ship's shuttle that we could scoot to it. The shuttles are wheelchair accessible.

Scroll down a little way to Postings regarding Civitavecchi for or use this linK: Civitavecchi (Rome) free port shuttle bus and accessibility of area This person posted some detailed info getting to the ship in the port.

Ruth and I were able to transport our luggage without any problems. Thus that was not ever an issue for us.

Have a wonderful cruise.  Betty