8 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Here are things that Symphony has, but Harmony does not:

lazer tag

Playmakers sports bar (pay)

Hooked (pay)

el loco fresh quick Mexican food (free)

a horrible car instead of a cool one on the royal promenade 😉

a very hot Solarium (too hot for my DH)

I bet the 15 to 35 really like the laser tag game. I know my twenty year olds would love that. lol. i never knew that they had that on the ship

Usually there are 2 musical type shows during the week. The same cast does both shows, which is why the main Broadway type show usually runs the first part of the week and the other musical the second part of the week.

We were on Harmony last May and will be on her again at the end of March. We did not care for Grease. But others really enjoy it. I would not take kids younger than about 13, as it has some more mature themes. We did really enjoy Columbus, the other musical. The music was good and it was hilarious! 

The Solarium Bistro is complimentary for dinner. There are a few entrees that are for a charge, but you don’t have to order them, there is plenty to choose from. They do suggest reservations, you can make them in the cruise planner, but I’m not sure if you  really HAVE to have a ressie, as it is usually pretty quiet.

A couple of things to know about activities on the ship. If you do the zip line, I believe that you need sneakers or such, no sandals or flip flops. If you want to do ice skating, you have to wear pants. No shorts allowed.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, ShillyShally said:

Agreed on this!  

Shhhhhh!!! Stop telling everybody, or the best cabins on the high seas will all be booked! :classic_cool:

Seriously, Oasis class deck 8 balcony (if you can get something on the foreward "hump" especially) are the best. Central Park is special any time of the day.

15 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

Shhhhhh!!! Stop telling everybody, or the best cabins on the high seas will all be booked! :classic_cool:

Seriously, Oasis class deck 8 balcony (if you can get something on the foreward "hump" especially) are the best. Central Park is special any time of the day.

LOL true!  I'll zip it 😉

My wife and I are on Oasis OTS in May.  We are booked in cabin 14224 which is an ocean view balcony.  Anyone have any experience with this cabin?  I see all the comments about deck 8, is that a better deck to be on than 14 even though 14 is higher?  

5 minutes ago, Hootss said:

My wife and I are on Oasis OTS in May.  We are booked in cabin 14224 which is an ocean view balcony.  Anyone have any experience with this cabin?  I see all the comments about deck 8, is that a better deck to be on than 14 even though 14 is higher?  

I would prefer deck 8 over deck 14.

too much chance of noise from above on 14.  Deck 8 is very convenient to CP.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2019 at 12:11 PM, GloriaF said:

Questions about the Broadway production show -- Is the same show presented all week?  Are reservations required, and if so how do I make reservations?  What other types of entertainment is offered during a 7 night cruise?

Thanks (in advance) again! 🙂

There is only 1 Broadway production show. It is put on at different times about 3 days a week. See planner 90 days prior to your sail date . When on board your daily planner will give times of shows. Reservations are strongly suggested to get the best seats. Ten minutes prior to all shows the standby line is released to enter the theater.

What other types of entertainment is offered during a 7 night cruise?

In the Main Theater there is 1 other production show and a Headliner show. Again offered different times several days  a week.

There are 2 production shows in the Aqua Theater and 2 production shows in the Ice Skating Studio B.

There are multiple dance lounges, On-Air for karaoke and a Piano Bar for sing a long.

There is the Love and Marriage, Battle of the Sexes and the Quest.

There is live music in Central Park, by the Pool and at the Pub on Promenade.

Other sport and game activities. A Merry go round, Zip Line and Flow riding and golf . 

There is a street party and parades in the Promenade.

Also a Comedy Club with 2 comedians. Because of limited seating in this lounge it is a must to have reservations. Their show is basically the same every night all week.

Edited by ALSEAU

On 3/1/2019 at 4:01 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for the reply!

On 3/1/2019 at 6:01 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Oh no! We are booked on deck 12.  Are you talking about noise from chairs being rearranged in the morning, pool/people noise during the day, or both?

12 hours ago, ALSEAU said:

There is only 1 Broadway production show. It is put on at different times about 3 days a week. See planner 90 days prior to your sail date . When on board your daily planner will give times of shows. Reservations are strongly suggested to get the best seats. Ten minutes prior to all shows the standby line is released to enter the theater.

What other types of entertainment is offered during a 7 night cruise?

In the Main Theater there is 1 other production show and a Headliner show. Again offered different times several days  a week.

There are 2 production shows in the Aqua Theater and 2 production shows in the Ice Skating Studio B.

There are multiple dance lounges, On-Air for karaoke and a Piano Bar for sing a long.

There is the Love and Marriage, Battle of the Sexes and the Quest.

There is live music in Central Park, by the Pool and at the Pub on Promenade.

Other sport and game activities. A Merry go round, Zip Line and Flow riding and golf . 

There is a street party and parades in the Promenade.

Also a Comedy Club with 2 comedians. Because of limited seating in this lounge it is a must to have reservations. Their show is basically the same every night all week.

Perfect!  Thanks for the in-depth reply!!

On 2/28/2019 at 7:10 AM, Host Clarea said:

We've never been on Harmony or Symphony, but have felt the same way about the Solarium on Oasis and Allure.  Not comfortable at all.

Bob the DW agrees Oasis and Allure are hot. But she loved Harmony as she felt it was cooler with the new and improved cover.

8 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Bob the DW agrees Oasis and Allure are hot. But she loved Harmony as she felt it was cooler with the new and improved cover.

Thanks for the update.