Embarkation Day on Breeze - eat where?

Atlantamom3

Guys Pig and Anchor BBQ (I think that is the name of it on the Breeze).  I believe it is on Deck 5.  It is only open for lunch on sea days and after the first day it gets very crowded.  We ate there when we boarded our cruise and walked right up with no line....we tried to go back later in the cruise and it was slammed.

Edited by buzzard05

Either Captain's Pasta Bar at Cucina del Capitano (free lunch) as nobody knows about it embarkation day or Guy's Pig and Anchor BBQ Smokehouse for the same reason as Cucina.  I would do Cucina if I were you, it's really good.

3 hours ago, buzzard05 said:

Guys Pig and Anchor BBQ (I think that is the name of it on the Breeze).  I believe it is on Deck 5.  It is only open for lunch on sea days and after the first day it gets very crowded.  We ate there when we boarded our cruise and walked right up with no line....we tried to go back later in the cruise and it was slammed.

Yes, deck 5 lanai. 

Pasta bar question....is it possible for them to toss a customized  dish WITHOUT noodles? I am gluten free about would love to have shrimp and veggies tossed in alfredo sauce, but would hope for bigger portions to make up for lack of pasta. 

• Like 1

I like to graze a little at several places. I get some Guys fries, then make my way to the Lido buffet. Grab something there, then walk down to the BBQ joint and grab a couple things. I do my version of an app platter. It also gives me a litte walk-about. But, on my last cruise i discovered half price fish bowls in the red frog, so that is my new embark-day goto!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BENHANDEL said:

Pasta bar question....is it possible for them to toss a customized  dish WITHOUT noodles? I am gluten free about would love to have shrimp and veggies tossed in alfredo sauce, but would hope for bigger portions to make up for lack of pasta. 

I don’t think their Alfredo sauce at the Lido is GF....it might be, but I was once told no.  The Alfredo Sauce in the MD can be GF ( pre order the night before).

• Like 1

My favourite first lunch on the Breeze was the Pig & Anchor, sitting outside really gave a relaxing start to vacation. We ended up sharing our table with another couple, who we ran into from time -to-time.   Not many others knew about it that first day, later it was much busier.

We prefer Italian on embarkation day, especially if we are with our kids or a group. Its pretty well empty the first two days until people discover it. The food is fantastic, there drink machines right up there. You can go right to the bottom of the staircase to grab some dessert. If someone in your group is being grumpy about Italian then they can go forage for something else and bring it upstairs to eat with the group. 

Also, because we carry on our bags, we like the Italian place because there is plenty of room to set your bags and just relax in the quiet and chat until cabins are ready. 

Edited by Athankfulheart

• 4 months later...
On 2/26/2019 at 10:29 PM, BENHANDEL said:

I'm sure that they can, but they do have GF noodles.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:18 AM, Atlantamom3 said:

Where would you recommend eating when we get on the ship? Is one specific time better than another? 

Thanks!

Food venues and open times on embarkation day Breeze 7/13.

breeze.jpg

14 minutes ago, Green4me said:

rn4t5

Thanks for the embarcation info, we sail on the Breeze 8/24.   

Any chance you have and can post more of the Funtimes?  🙂 

Best

I have the funtimes for all 7 days but don't want to hijack the OP's post on food choices and recommendations. You can start a separate post for Breeze funtimes or I can email them to you.