How are the beds?

Dbarn

12 minutes ago, Dbarn said:

I have chronic hip pain as a result of several surgeries and can only sleep on a soft mattress. Are the beds on Freedom of the Seas comfortable?

This past September we did a B2B on Freedom....Just have your cabin steward put the necessary number of soft mattress topper's (their comforter type) on until you get to the level of softness best for you. Sleep well as you enjoy your cruise.

5 hours ago, Dbarn said:

I have chronic hip pain as a result of several surgeries and can only sleep on a soft mattress. Are the beds on Freedom of the Seas comfortable?

The beds are firm, if the comforter style toppers aren't thick enough to soften the mattress then ask for a bunk bed mattress, they are slightly slimmer than the bed but much softer, I tried the topper route and was nearly in tears from not sleeping for 4 days and having them just put what is basically a couple of duvet's on my mattress, since ive been asking for the mattress its been much better.

Dbarn. I have a similar issue. For years now i have traveled with a rolled up memory foam pad..  I took a twin 4" pad and cut it down smaller since I really only need it under my torso.  We roll it up tight and put a strap around it and it goes in my suitcase.  It really is not as big as you think if you roll it tightly.  Only takes up a small part of the suitcase. This has saved me so many times.  Even hotel rooms etc. I always take my pad.  I had cruised for years trying to get mattress pads or extra comforters and nothing really worked.  Now... I don't worry anymore. You need your sleep especially on vacation.  Enjoy your cruise.