??? About Viking Air & Bergen

molymoo

I have to agree, spending the $100 for Viking Air Plus is soooo worth it!  We are doing the British Isles cruise in July/August 2019, and we were able to research and book the flights we wanted, and the seats we wanted.  Going home from Bergen may be more difficult than some other airports, but we were able to book an afternoon flight Bergen to Amsterdam on KLM, and that is a good airport to be in case of any problems, because KLM home and lots and lots of options in case of delays etc.  We arrive back at JFK same day at 8pm.  Can't wait for the tours to be available on the website to start booking.  I have looked at sample tours on the Viking website and there are so many great ones to choose.  Norway is so beautiful, all of you spending extra days and going to Oslo will just love it!  We have cruised the fjords and would love to do it again, very beautiful scenery.  If you are in Oslo and have an opportunity, go to Vigeland Park, to see the wonderful sculptures of Gustav Vigeland and spend time in a serene lovely park.  I seem to remember we took a tram/bus there from port and it was very easy, the park is free.  

On 3/9/2019 at 5:58 AM, Cyber Kat said:

LOL. We are doing the Oslo extension for our Trade Routes cruise next year, but we are starting there and ending up in Barcelona. I’ll see what the flights are like in Barcelona.  Maybe we will do a deviation and fly home the next day. I read somewhere that someone took a train to Madrid and flew home from there. 

We are on the east coast, so afternoon flights work for us. 

Madrid is lovely if you can take some time ... personally enjoyed our trip to Madrid better than Barcelona!

22 minutes ago, molymoo said:

Madrid is lovely if you can take some time ... personally enjoyed our trip to Madrid better than Barcelona!

Good to know- thanks!  Maybe we will do that and add a day in Madrid. Did you go by train?