Outdoor Dining on SD1 Last Week

Katbird93

We just returned from our first SD cruise.  Great trip and guests and staff that were amazing.  Just wanted to give a heads up to those sailing the Caribbean soon.  We only had dinner served inside 2 nights.  The weather was spectacular, so the captain decided this.  That being said, I didn’t realize dress shorts for men was acceptable for outside dining and packed way to many pairs of pants.  He could have easily survived on one pair saving valuable space in our luggage!  

Sounds like you had a good time, Katbird.  Welcome back to frigid Illinois.  You do realize, don't you, that if DH brought only one pair of big boy pants it would have rained every evening and you would be eating in the DR.  Caribbean weather is so unpredictable.  Think of those slacks as insurance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 12:43 AM, Katbird93 said:

We just returned from our first SD cruise.  Great trip and guests and staff that were amazing.  Just wanted to give a heads up to those sailing the Caribbean soon.  We only had dinner served inside 2 nights.  The weather was spectacular, so the captain decided this.  That being said, I didn’t realize dress shorts for men was acceptable for outside dining and packed way to many pairs of pants.  He could have easily survived on one pair saving valuable space in our luggage!  

A gentlemen should never wear shorts after 6pm. 😁

8 minutes ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Nor should a dinner jacket ever be worn before 6.

Haha, never seen you in a dinner jacket.  I generally agree with the no shorts after 6pm when I go out here in AZ but on SD "normal" rules are generally not needed.  Hard to enjoy dinner on the deck with lovely warm, humid Caribbean air wafting over legs covered to the ground.  But then I do bring my formal flip flops......🍸

Happy to hear that the first week of March was good cruising this year. We took the same cruise last year, and we had huge swells. We were able to eat outside 3 nights,  but it wasn't always easy to walk to the dining room and back on the other nights.