Deck 5 on Viking Star

Marguerite-a-Ville

28 minutes ago, Marguerite-a-Ville said:

Looking at the deck diagram on the Viking website, there is a shaded area underneath the Deck 5 PV1 cabins.  Is this an obstructed view?

Deck 5.jpg

The shaded area reflects the deck overhang on 7 deck.  It is the open deck at the World Cafe where you can walk to the infinity pool without going through World Cafe.  It would not obstruct your deck 5 cabin at all.  Possibly some welcome shade in the heat of the day.

8 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

The shaded area reflects the deck overhang on 7 deck.  It is the open deck at the World Cafe where you can walk to the infinity pool without going through World Cafe.  It would not obstruct your deck 5 cabin at all.  Possibly some welcome shade in the heat of the day.

Great, thank you Jim!

On 2/27/2019 at 4:03 PM, Marguerite-a-Ville said:

Looking at the deck diagram on the Viking website, there is a shaded area underneath the Deck 5 PV1 cabins.  Is this an obstructed view?

Deck 5.jpg

We were in 5101 on Viking Sea and I never noticed the overhang. We loved the cabin and booked it again for our cruise this fall. We tried to get it for our Trade Routes cruise in fall 2020, but it was taken. We are in 5102 on the other side. 

On 2/27/2019 at 1:03 PM, Marguerite-a-Ville said:

We just got off the Viking Sea recently, and when I saw this post, I remembered shooting a picture looking up at that overhang from the pier.  Not sure if this will help you - as I'm sure it is a judgment thing.  Personally I think that on the 5th deck you are just fine.  We had booked some future cruises with the on-board cruise consultant, who did inform us that she'd heard reports of noise from the 6th floor rooms below the World Cafe from some customers, but it really is all subjective.  We like the 5th deck - high enough but not underneath any activity oriented space.  Anyways, hope the picture helps you.

World Cafe Overhang Deck 6.jpg