Accessible 2 day excursion in St. Petersburg - any experiences? Or other suggestions

TravelLiz

We're booked on the July 18, 2019 Baltic cruise.  My husband uses a cane and can't do a lot of stairs.  I'm looking at the accessible tour offered by Silversea and I wonder if anyone else has done it?  If so could you describe it a bit and say whether you'd recommend it?

https://www.silversea.com/destinations/northern-europe-british-isles-cruise/stockholm-to-copenhagen-5921.html#lb-shorex-10015944

I would also consider a private tour with a land operator --- any suggestions there?

Thanks a lot - we just did our first cruise this month - we took Silversea our of San Juan Puerto Rico.  It was lovely.  Booked the Baltic cruise whilst on board.

Can't answer your specific tour question. But wanted to make you aware of visa requirements. You do not need a Russian visa if you are on a ship's tour. You do need a visa if you want to disembark and explore on your own. I am not sure if you need a visa to take a private tour. Check this out with the tour operator.

You don't need a visa if you book directly with an official tour operator. We did it in Summer 17, I highly recommend it. For a price lower than a Silversea tour, you can get your own private tour, with a private car, and of course if you want no stairs etc. you arrange that, it certainly is possible!