Horizon, Dubai to Athens Live.

aussie cruzer

On 2/28/2019 at 4:57 AM, aussie cruzer said:

Heading to Dubai next week for the Horizon cruise to Athens via Suez canal ,plan on posting heaps of photos and info.

Duncan

Arrived safely in Dubai, Duncan etc all.

Amazing!

No problems at all at airport.

i posted on the Pullmantur web page but for some reason it never went through.  

Will post later.

Long 12 hour flight, but so excited to be here.  Great view of BUrj Khalifa from our hotel room.  Looking forward to meeting up again.

Nice that you have started this as there is so little info on these boards.

Liz

On 2/28/2019 at 4:57 AM, aussie cruzer said:

Screenshot_2019-02-28-19-45-39.png

19 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

Liz,

Glad you arrived  safe & sound ,hotel sounds great.

Hotel is wonderful, huge room with spectacular views from large plate glass windows.  Concierge extremely helpful.

Tackled the metro today, using the silver NOL card, but since it’s the weekend it was extremely crowded, but everyone was very polite and helpful.  Visited the Mall of the Emirates to see the skiing, sledding and penguins, and then spent a glorious couple of hours outdoors at the Miracle Gardens enjoying a spectacular array of flowers.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Temperature 66 C with a bit of breeze, so it  was very comfortable for being outdoors.

I’ll head back now to our regular board and leave the posting of photos etc. in your so very capable hands.

1 hour ago, Northbay said:

Hotel is wonderful, huge room with spectacular views from large plate glass windows.  Concierge extremely helpful.

Tackled the metro today, using the silver NOL card, but since it’s the weekend it was extremely crowded, but everyone was very polite and helpful.  Visited the Mall of the Emirates to see the skiing, sledding and penguins, and then spent a glorious couple of hours outdoors at the Miracle Gardens enjoying a spectacular array of flowers.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Temperature 66 C with a bit of breeze, so it  was very comfortable for being outdoors.

I’ll head back now to our regular board and leave the posting of photos etc. in your so very capable hands.

Correction.  66 F.

Check in was very quick and we were onboard 30 mins later,there was a hard sell on upgrading the drinks package to premium and buying the water deal.We are in a suite and get those perks included so didn't bother with upgrade at the port.

Pullmantur changed my cabin # because our cabin #1068 had a technical issue,not sure what that meant.

There seems to be mostly Spanish onboard. 

20190309_103723.jpg

20190309_111658.jpg

20190309_111824.jpg

The Waves white & black get access to the waves lounge on deck 8..it's very nice and cosy..I was told 38 guests havd access to lounge,you get the samd drink perks as everyone onboard,no free extras unless your waves black.

We received our black wristbands at check in which allows choice of higher grade drinks without the surcharge. 

Waves lounge.

20190309_133307.jpg

20190309_135312.jpg

20190309_135320.jpg

20190309_135325.jpg

20190309_135335.jpg

20190309_135401.jpg

20190309_135403.jpg

We had a 3.00 pm tour with ABC tours Dubai for $50 p/p for desert safari & dinner,we all had a great time xnd returned to the ship aroung 9.30 pm.

The Horizon spent 1 night and two days in Dubai port before leaving tonight for Khsab.

Desert Safari. 

20190309_165720.jpg

20190309_165753.jpg

20190309_171151.jpg

20190309_171401.jpg

20190309_180549.jpg

20190309_180356.jpg

20190309_181004.jpg

20190309_180400.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, kathleen21 said:

Thank you for posting, especially the planners. I haven’t seen any of those posted before! 

The planners seemed to be the same each day,very basic information provided with little port of call information.

WiFi worked very well and fast on the complete plan.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there. Just wondering if you could give any insight into how visas were handled for your stops in various countries. We are doing the Athens to Dubai Pullmantur cruise in November 2019 and it is proving quite difficult to figure out for sure if we get visas for the ports of call at the port or not. Other cruise companies give guidance on this but Pullmantur doesn't, so any information you have would help.

And I do realize that it may be different for you being from Australia (we're from Canada) but I would like to know how you handled the visa situation.

Thanks.