Noise from theater question.

debnrick

We were on deck 6 on the Glory, right above the Amber Palace. We definitely heard the shows through the floor. I used my white noise app on my phone and it drowned it out when I cranked the volume up a bit. Most evenings we stayed up late enough that we only caught the tail end of the shows as we were getting ready for bed but if you're an early to bed type of person that needs a quiet room I would encourage you to switch rooms. 

My sister booked one of our cruises - she did no research on cabin location.  We were directly below the main theater on, I think, the Paradise one time.  You definitely hear the shows, which didn't bother me because I'm normally out of the cabin at night BUT you also get to hear all the rehearsals during the day & worst of all the "port talks" at 8:00 a.m.  I wouldn't want to be in that area again, but that's me.  I always try to make sure there are cabins above & below me.

We've been in the first or second cabin immediately outside the doors to the large show lounge.  The sound did not bother us at all.  In fact, the location is very convenient:  extra toilets just steps away and the nearby elevators go up to the spa for additional (and better) showers, too.  Closer to "home" in case you forgot a shawl or want to change.  Great location after a late show, too, if you are tired..

Edited by Out of Iowa
add text

Always good to look at what venues are above and below your cabin choices.  The best is having other cabins above and below.  We've been on the Veranda deck many times with no issues with being below the Lido buffet area.

To me, the worst locations would be above/below the large theater (for reasons already stated) or above/below the rear lounge.  There are a lot of late night shows in the lounge.

I am now concerned. We are booked in 6201 with friends in 6202 on GLory. We stay up late so did not think of noise during the day. I usually bring a small fan, so maybe that will drown out theater noise.  

23 hours ago, simkoreb said:

We were above the theater once.  You could hear the rehearsals during the day, and shows at night.  I would not do it again. 

Me too on the Liberty...Never again!

Mike

I just booked 6205 and 6203 on the Breeze (right above theater). I am hoping it isn't too bad. We usually sleep with a white noise app and don't go to bed very early so I am not too worried. 

Out of 17 cruises the very loudest room was a balcony room below the Lido deck. We would hear lounge chairs scraping (chair hogs stacking their claim) at the crack of dawn and would hear it all day long. And don't get me started on deck party night...LOL!

2nd worst room was this past cruise on the Fascination we were across from the Laundry. The door would make a terrible slamming noise and it slammed 24 hours a day. 

5 hours ago, SandiLynn said:

I am now concerned. We are booked in 6201 with friends in 6202 on GLory. We stay up late so did not think of noise during the day. I usually bring a small fan, so maybe that will drown out theater noise.  

I'm booked in 6203 on the Glory in November but I've heard that these rooms are just a little further up than the theater stage and that the noise isn't really a problem (the waves hitting the bow are supposed to be more of a nuisance) Hopefully that's true, because I'm a fairly light sleeper. If you're onboard before me, I'd love to hear how you found the rooms!

On the Dream forward when the evening stage shows were happening it was insanely loud. I would not have even known though had I not went back to the room to get something. We were never in the room during the shows. The room was vibrating though, I had to get my wife to go check it out the next night. 

12 hours ago, auburn77 said:

We have never been forward before, but will be on our next cruise on the Glory. we will be above the theater, but in 7220. Will the noise from the theater reach us?

I doubt it. You'll have a floor of just cabins in between you and the theater. 

• 8 months later...
On 2/28/2019 at 7:17 AM, debnrick said:

How much noise do you hear from the theater that’s on deck 5 when you have a cabin right above on deck 6? Should I change cabins? We are on the Magic. Thank you.

Just wondering if you had your cruise and stayed in the 4J.  If so, how was the noise?

I just got back from my cruise in the 4J 6203 on the Glory. We didn't hear anything from the theater down below but we did hear waves one night when we were heading from the Cayman Islands to Jamaica and the seas were particularly choppy. It sounded like someone dropping something heavy above us and there was a bit of vibration hear and there, though a pair of ear plugs blocked it out easily enough

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camberly_T said:

I just got back from my cruise in the 4J 6203 on the Glory. We didn't hear anything from the theater down below but we did hear waves one night when we were heading from the Cayman Islands to Jamaica and the seas were particularly choppy. It sounded like someone dropping something heavy above us and there was a bit of vibration hear and there, though a pair of ear plugs blocked it out easily enough

Thanks for the feedback.  We have this same cabin soon! This makes me feel better about it!