Cruise Critic Community
2LoveToTravel

How is Mama Lee?

She is doing well.

She was on-board for a seven day Los Angeles R/T sailing in January right before the World Cruise began.

Keith

Just a thought but does anyone know if Mama Lee wants her state of health discussed on a public forum?

It’s sad to see some of the permanent residents leave the ships but it is inevitable that will occur - it’s nice they remain immortalised on the slide show onboard of those with substantial cruise histories 

CruisePfan...It's a great read and one that I shared awhile ago on this forum.

It was co-written by Joe Kita the Memoir Write and also who assists his lovely wife Maria teaching Yoga on board selected cruises.

Keith

21 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

CruisePfan...It's a great read and one that I shared awhile ago on this forum.

It was co-written by Joe Kita the Memoir Write and also who assists his lovely wife Maria teaching Yoga on board selected cruises.

Keith

Hmmm.  Joe never mentioned he co wrote it.  When he held up the book at the first Memoir Writing Class he showed Mama Lee’s and the books of all the Crystal graduates and never mentioned his assistance in writing.  Did he also co write the others.  There was one by a former London police officer but cannot remember the name.  He only said if we get our memoirs published please add his name to the dedication page.  Guess its easier to get published if your memoir is co written by an actual writer.

I'm looking at the book now..this is what is stated on the inside title page:

by mama lee wachtstetter with Joe Kita.  However, on the front cover, there is no mention of Joe Kita

just FYI

Nanvy

Nancy, that is correct.

Since it says by Joe Kita and Mama Lee I attributed this to Joe Co-Writing the book.

Keith

Cruise just wanted to mention that the former Police officer you mentioned is Ernie Jackson. We met Ernie and his lovely wife Val the first time we sailed Serenity in 2095.  We were introduced via e mail by mutual friends. We were looking to take a 30 day cruise for a special milestone anniversary in 2017 and after they walked us through the world cruise they had taken earlier that year over a lunch and dinner we signed up for World Cruise 2007 and as they say the rest is history

they will be on board for the Cape Toen to Monte Carlo segment of this World Cruise. 

Joe did not co-write his book but it was attending the memoir class given by Joe and the pointers that Joe provided that motivated Ernie to write his book which he self published. It is a good read. 

Keith

I just wanted to add that this was the only book that Joe Kita co-wrote with another guest.  

At the same time he has inspired many guests to write and self-publish books and/or to share portions of their life with their family.  

Keith

9 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Cruise just wanted to mention that the former Police officer you mentioned is Ernie Jackson. We met Ernie and his lovely wife Val the first time we sailed Serenity in 2095.  Keith

Back to the future?  I'm sure you meant 1995.  Always enjoy reading  your posts.

Jay

4 hours ago, jssabs said:

Back to the future?  I'm sure you meant 1995.  Always enjoy reading  your posts.

Jay

Thanks, Jay.

I should have known better to be writing that on my iPhone and with no reading glasses.  :classic_biggrin:

I should have said 2005.

Keith

On 3/1/2019 at 4:12 PM, CruisePfan said:

Has anyone read her book: I May Be Homeless, But You Should See My Yacht?  It's available on Amazon.  

https://www.amazon.com/May-Homeless-But-Should-Yacht/dp/0692932569/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Yes, loved it! Gave a second copy to one Crystal buddy and lent my copy to another, and they both loved it.

Thx for asking! and of course without Cruise Critic, I'd've never heard of it!

15 minutes ago, 2LoveToTravel said:

Thank you all for the update. We will be aboard in early December. It would be nice to see her again.

Which cruise are you on?  If still in Europe or Crossing over I don't think you will see her.  We did see her on the seven day cruise following the Holiday Cruise in early January.

Keith

7 hours ago, 2LoveToTravel said:

We are on Dec 6, Ft Lauderdale to San Juan. Has she been on board since you saw her in January?

She was on that one 7 day cruise and returned home after it ended and was not on board anytime when we were there until early May.  With the ship still in Europe I doubt she has been on board since.  She won't be living on the ship again but hopefully will have the opportunity to cruise from time to time.

Keith