Cruise Critic Community
Got2Cruise

Chase Freedom Card 10% back

Hi. Just a heads up for any users of the Chase Freedom Card. You receive 10% cash back if you charge your Crystal Cruise using the card. (635 limit) offer expires soon 

I have a Freedom card, and cannot find this offer on my credit card site anywhere.  I looked under special offers, and nothing about 10% on anything.  

I believe these offers are for selected/targeted (random?) credit card holders. My husband and I have AmEx platinum cards and he got a different offer for Crystal which I did not receive. My Chase card had a similar offer to the Freedon card which expired earlier in February. I only knew about it because I received an email which I read instead of trashing it.  I don't normally use this card and would never have known about it until I got the email. It's great if you are able to take advantage of it.

This afternoon my daughter just received the same offer by email for her Southwest Cash Back Chase Card; 10% back when booking Crystal to a max $642.   

I got an email today about my Chase United Explorer card and it is 5% back.

Haven't pursued it to see the max.

20 minutes ago, Coral said:

I got an email today about my Chase United Explorer card and it is 5% back.

Haven't pursued it to see the max.

But will you loose the air miles from United?

Patty

Amex Platinum (not branded) is $500 onboard credit and $200 shore ex credit. Must pay deposit and final payment with Amex. My TA also gives me a credit

10 hours ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

Amex Platinum (not branded) is $500 onboard credit and $200 shore ex credit. Must pay deposit and final payment with Amex. My TA also gives me a credit

Curious, the Amex Platinum credit $500 on board credit, is it per couple? And it is thru TA? Or must book on Amex travel website? $200 shore ex credit, is it thru Amex?

do you have website links to Amex Platinum cruise credits?

thank you, Kate

2 hours ago, Summer Time said:

Curious, the Amex Platinum credit $500 on board credit, is it per couple? And it is thru TA? Or must book on Amex travel website? $200 shore ex credit, is it thru Amex?

do you have website links to Amex Platinum cruise credits?

thank you, Kate

I don't have one of these but have friends that do. My agent is an AMEX agent (so I book with a real person, not a website) but I think any agent can do this. Not all agents want the hassle of going through the process so ask before you book. The OBC is per cabin.

Edited by Coral

If you book and pay with a Platinum Amex is it combinable with other offers - in particular the credits one would normally get from their TA? 

1 minute ago, ClefsDor said:

If you book and pay with a Platinum Amex is it combinable with other offers - in particular the credits one would normally get from their TA? 

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Depends on the other offer. Some are specific.

My TA is not an Amex TA.  She just registers the booking with Amex.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:42 PM, Got2Cruise said:

Hi. Just a heads up for any users of the Chase Freedom Card. You receive 10% cash back if you charge your Crystal Cruise using the card. (635 limit) offer expires soon 

I have a couple of cruises that are due for payment soon. I can't find this anywhere when I google it.

On 2/28/2019 at 4:42 PM, Got2Cruise said:

As others have noted this is a targeted offer.  I have it on my Chase Sapphire Reserve but not Freedom.  It could be on any Chase card.  My advice is if you are a Chase credit card holder check all your cards.  It may be there, it may not.

So if you put a charge up to $6350.00 you will get a credit card statement credit of $635.00. Remember to enroll in this offer otherwise it is N/A and you have to enroll before you make the purchase.  If the total price of the cruise is more than that then I would put the balance on my Amex Platinum in order to get the Platinum Card Cruise Benefits.  As the Chase offer is a statement credit on your credit card I would think it would be combinable with Platinum benefits but then you never know.

18 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

I have a couple of cruises that are due for payment soon. I can't find this anywhere when I google it.

I believe you can access Chase Offers through the Chase mobile app after logging in to the app. The Crystal offer is 10% off up to a $6,350 max purchase = $635 back. Purchase must be direct with Crystal, so I assume no TA involvement. Reality is there are few if any Crystal itineraries for $6,350 for 2 pax, so there's almost no way to realize a full 10% off a complete DO cruise purchase.

5 minutes ago, Robisan said:

I believe you can access Chase Offers through the Chase mobile app after logging in to the app. The Crystal offer is 10% off up to a $6,350 max purchase = $635 back. Purchase must be direct with Crystal, so I assume no TA involvement. Reality is there are few if any Crystal itineraries for $6,350 for 2 pax, so there's almost no way to realize a full 10% off a complete DO cruise purchase.

I easily spend 10k for 2 people on Crystal.  The max you can charge to receive the 10%  cashback is $6350.  Anything above that amount does not get the 10% statement credit.  You can charge the cruise for 10,000.00 but the max you will receive is still going to be capped at 10% of a 6350.00 spend.  The remaining balance just doesn’t get the 10% bonus.

It can be booked through a travel agent as the charge Is shown as coming from Crystal Cruises and is therefor applicable.  Its a nice savings.

11 minutes ago, Robisan said:

Ah thank you. I have already booked these cruises through a TA.

8 minutes ago, Robisan said:

It says no third party purchases. BUT if I use a TA and charge a cruise the charge is to that particular cruiseline not the travel agency. We’re not really purchasing through a third party, just using the TA as a facilitator. I would try it. Also there are no rules that state you are not allowed to use more than one card. Many folks use more than one card to pay for their cruises for varied reasons. 

11 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

It says no third party purchases. BUT if I use a TA and charge a cruise the charge is to that particular cruiseline not the travel agency. We’re not really purchasing through a third party, just using the TA as a facilitator. I would try it. Also there are no rules that state you are not allowed to use more than one card. Many folks use more than one card to pay for their cruises for varied reasons. 

Yes, exactly what I said in my post above.  If I book a cruise with Crystal whilst this offer is available I will book thru my TA and charge $6350 to my CSR to get 10% statement credit and the balance to my Amex Platinum to get those benefits.  The charge will show on your Chase CC as coming from Crystal Cruises.

Just now, cruisr said:

Yes, exactly what I said in my post above.  If I book a cruise with Crystal whilst this offer is available I will book thru my TA and charge $6350 to my CSR to get 10% statement credit and the balance to my Amex Platinum to get those benefits.  The charge will show on your Chase CC as coming from Crystal Cruises.

Ok. Thanks 😀. Exactly what I was trying to say. 

2 hours ago, cruisr said:

If the total price of the cruise is more than that then I would put the balance on my Amex Platinum in order to get the Platinum Card Cruise Benefits.  As the Chase offer is a statement credit on your credit card I would think it would be combinable with Platinum benefits but then you never know.

Amex makes you pay the deposit and balance to get the benefit. You cannot combine.

3 hours ago, cruisr said:

It can be booked through a travel agent as the charge Is shown as coming from Crystal Cruises and is therefor applicable.  Its a nice savings.

Exactly.

If you book through an agent - the charge should still be Crystal. If it isn't - switch agencies! There have been enough travel agents who do this (run the charge through their agency and not through the cruise line) and steal clients money.

8 hours ago, cruisr said:

Ah, ok, this may be so. I said I "assumed" (not confirmed) this, figuring the 'no third party' prohibition was for Crystal to avoid losing TA commissions and this discount on fares using this offer. Still, a good offer as far as it goes, though somewhat less than the implied come-on of 10% off a Crystal cruise.

I received the attached offer on my Chase app on July 3rd for a 10% statement credit up to a max of $450. I boarded a Crystal River cruise on July 6 and immediately booked onboard for the Endeavor in 2021 and paid a deposit of $6568. I have followed ALL the rules of the offer and should have received the credit by Monday, July 29th.  Of course nothing is ever easy and I got nothing.  I have now called and spoken to 4 different Chase Reserve reps and escalated to a supervisor.  I've also emailed them through the message center with the below screen capture showing I added the offer.  NO ONE at Chase can do anything, in fact one of them told me it wasn't their problem, to call Crystal.  I did that and got through to sales and they said Chase was giving me the run around. How can they send you "offers" of statement credits and then drop the ball like this?  It's now been escalated to the proper "department" and I have to wait until August 20th before they will send me a written explanation. That's almost 3 months later. Has anyone else had such a horrible time trying to get the credits due from Chase?  #chasesapphirereserve #fail  It should not be this hard to work with a premium card vendor that has an annual fee of $450.

IMG_6680.jpeg