Cruise Critic Community
Got2Cruise

Chase Freedom Card 10% back

I’m having the same problem. However, mine is only a month out from the offer and subsequent charge on the Chase Sapphire. Ours was escalated to a Chase supervisor yesterday with vague promises about when we’d hear from them. Any suggestions folks?

54 minutes ago, Mangiantini said:

I received the attached offer on my Chase app on July 3rd for a 10% statement credit up to a max of $450. I boarded a Crystal River cruise on July 6 and immediately booked onboard for the Endeavor in 2021 and paid a deposit of $6568. I have followed ALL the rules of the offer and should have received the credit by Monday, July 29th.  Of course nothing is ever easy and I got nothing.  I have now called and spoken to 4 different Chase Reserve reps and escalated to a supervisor.  I've also emailed them through the message center with the below screen capture showing I added the offer.  NO ONE at Chase can do anything, in fact one of them told me it wasn't their problem, to call Crystal.  I did that and got through to sales and they said Chase was giving me the run around. How can they send you "offers" of statement credits and then drop the ball like this?  It's now been escalated to the proper "department" and I have to wait until August 20th before they will send me a written explanation. That's almost 3 months later. Has anyone else had such a horrible time trying to get the credits due from Chase?  #chasesapphirereserve #fail  It should not be this hard to work with a premium card vendor that has an annual fee of $450.

IMG_6680.jpeg

I'm dealing with the same issue with my Chase Reserve card.   $4,500 charged to Crystal mid-July and no credit yet.  I called a few days ago when I noticed I received a $7 credit for a small offer that was charged only a few days before but no $450 credit!  I was told they will forward the information to the department that handles these issues.  Friends that are traveling with us also have not received the credit.  Chase told them they could not find that offer only the one that expired in May.  I printed the offer and have it for verification so need to follow up once again for more run around.

Carole

Edited by caroak

Carole, please let me know if and when you get the credit.  I have exhausted all possible channels at this point so must wait for letter that will be sent around August 20th.  I know I'm going to open that letter and they will say something extremely stupid like they have been doing to my other inquiries.  If they didn't give you 3x the points on cruises I'd get a different card.  I've currently got 2 open "inquiries" for problems.  😞

Hi Chanson, the only thing you can do is keep calling and asking for a supervisor and have them escalate.  I'm not giving up on this -- its too much money!

I get a 3% cash back on travel, including cruises, with my Costco Citi Visa.  So far, no limit on how much gets the 3%.  No annual fee, no 10% back promotions, no hassle.  It is another option if you want cash back instead of points.

Karen

21 minutes ago, Mangiantini said:

Hi Chanson, the only thing you can do is keep calling and asking for a supervisor and have them escalate.  I'm not giving up on this -- its too much money!

Thanks. I just got off the phone with a Chase supervisor. I’ve spoken to 3 people over the course of two days, and none of them have a clue about what it means to “escalate” the process. They have no idea what the process is, which individual or department handles it, etc.   Each customer service rep tells me I must wait 5 business days to hear the results. Very frustrating. Thank goodness I made a screen shot of my offer. I’ve been happy with the Reserve card until this incident. 

I was told I would get a response in 10 days but certainly not counting on that.  When I asked for the phone number of the department she was forwarding the information to she said they don't have a phone number.  My guess is there's no such department!:classic_wacko:  I'm not giving up on this and will be back at it tomorrow.

Carole

Interesting thread.

I have one of these cards, but did not receive the offer.  I have redeemed a few promotions of this type; no problems...the credit just shows up.  But none of my offers have been this generous. 

I signed up for same offer (mine was only 5%) early July and made payment 2 days later.  Should have posted in 14 days.  When nothing, I called and my case was escalated to "marketing" and told I should hear something in 10 - 14 business days.  Lo and behold I received a letter in today's mail advising that my case had been reviewed and that I correctly enrolled in offer and was entitled to the statement credit and that it will appear within 7 - 10 business days.  Stay with it!

57 minutes ago, Luv2Cruise1016 said:

I signed up for same offer (mine was only 5%) early July and made payment 2 days later.  Should have posted in 14 days.  When nothing, I called and my case was escalated to "marketing" and told I should hear something in 10 - 14 business days.  Lo and behold I received a letter in today's mail advising that my case had been reviewed and that I correctly enrolled in offer and was entitled to the statement credit and that it will appear within 7 - 10 business days.  Stay with it!

Did you call Crystal or Chase?

9 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Did you call Crystal or Chase?

Don't bother to call Crystal, they have nothing to "say" about this....I went through this process few weeks ago, and finally got credited...Just keep following up

On 8/10/2019 at 2:16 AM, caroak said:

I was told I would get a response in 10 days but certainly not counting on that.  When I asked for the phone number of the department she was forwarding the information to she said they don't have a phone number.  My guess is there's no such department!:classic_wacko:  I'm not giving up on this and will be back at it tomorrow.

Carole

I wouldn’t put too much concern in the response about the phone — a lot of customer relations departments now want everything in writing (be it electronic or paper) and nothing verbal until you really get to an ultimate decision maker.  (As an example most of the US airlines have been this way for a while.)  

It’s a lot easier and clearer to keep a whole case file together with correspondence in the modern electronic CS systems than hunting down and attaching call recordings.  

It’s a lot easier and more productive for a supervisor to scan a correspondence file than have to listen to customers circle around and around an issue with a phone agent, as people sometimes do, just to get up to speed on the history.

My company still has phone agents, but we’re increasingly encouraging email and online chat options.  Security issues will eventually present challenges for us doing phone service In most cases, as things are going.

Vince

Called Chase again today and the customer servicer person found the e-mail to the Marketing Department with my complaint which was sent by a customer service person last Sunday.  Again, I was told it would take 7-10 business days for a reply.  The Marketing Department is closed on the weekends so on with the waiting game.

Vince, I could not find a Chase e-mail to send my complaint directly to the Marketing Department.  The only options on their website are phone numbers.  

Carole

Report from a friend with whom I had shared this thread and who called Chase yesterday. 

“Contacted Chase. No clue. Suggested to call Crystal. Very nice agent. Explained situation to her. She worked to get answers but supervisors all busy. She sent email to marketing and hopes to hear back from supervisor. At this point, she said that she hopes marketing handles it and credit shows up in 10-14 days but call back if not.”

Hello All,

My first mistake was to use the "secure message center" on the Chase website to file an inquiry requiring 5 business days to respond. When I got no response after 5 days, I did it again.  Both times I was told via email that my inquiry was sent to the correct department.  I got no response after the SECOND five days.  This time I demanded a supervisor and she told me that both of the previous requests did not go to "marketing" and that this time she will make sure it goes there.  But "marketing" requires 10 business days to respond. So now I have to wait until August 20th for a response from this department.  Now Chase has withheld the credit for a MONTH.

My question to Chase is "WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF US FIGHTING TOOTH AND NAIL FOR A CREDIT THAT WAS OFFERED TO US BY THEM??"  We all did what we were supposed to do which is spend money on our credit cards so that Chase could make money.  It should not be this hard on their end to make sure the program operates smoothly.  I'm less than impressed by their customer service, but something is also seriously wrong with their internal programs if this is how they operate them.

I wonder if American Express Platinum is any better?

I, too, am waiting for Chase credit.  

I never had any issue with previous cash back offers from Chase.  Always saw credit about 2 weeks after the charge posted.  Not sure what is happening with this particular offer.

Amex Platinum is better or worse is moot point since there is no current amex offer.  If credit does not automatically post, you will be chasing amex as well and the experience isn't that great, either.  

2 hours ago, Mangiantini said:

My question to Chase is "WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF US FIGHTING TOOTH AND NAIL FOR A CREDIT THAT WAS OFFERED TO US BY THEM??"  We all did what we were supposed to do which is spend money on our credit cards so that Chase could make money.  It should not be this hard on their end to make sure the program operates smoothly.  I'm less than impressed by their customer service, but something is also seriously wrong with their internal programs if this is how they operate 

Thanks for sharing your experiences. At least you may have learned that the mysterious process involves the marketing department. 

I’m playing the waiting game for a few more days, except that I just posted a Tweet to Chase Customer Support referring to this thread. I pointed out that negative experiences posted on social media can’t be considered positive marketing. 

Realize Twitter is not my thing, but someone told me that it can be the most effective way to get action. 

We’re trying, aren’t we?

How strange.  I used the two different offers for 10% off, which I received at two different times and registered for, and within 1 week of the two Crystal bookings being made and paid for I received the credit. Try a SM to customer service thru the Chase website.  I have found them very responsive on other issues I had.  Good luck

55 minutes ago, cruisr said:

How strange.  I used the two different offers for 10% off, which I received at two different times and registered for, and within 1 week of the two Crystal bookings being made and paid for I received the credit. Try a SM to customer service thru the Chase website.  I have found them very responsive on other issues I had.  Good luck

You have been fortunate. You got two offers plus they followed through in a timely fashion. 

To follow up on on my “Twitter offense,” after exchanging a number of private messages with Customer Service, I’ve learned that the Marketing Team is indeed responsible for approving the credit. Thanks Mangiantini. I was first referred to the Chase Travel Department where they wanted to book me a cruise!  Then I asked Customer Support to check with Marketing. 

A later message gave me sufficient information to determine that records of my prior phone conversations have found their way to Marketing, but I must wait ..

*UPDATE*

On my last phone call with Chase, the supervisor explained that the marketing department would issue a letter that would be mailed on or around August 20th with a decision on the credit.  This morning, I opened my email to see the attached. Hope everyone else waiting for credits gets the same email.Chase.thumb.jpg.7e93159aae7cccda5e7570ce67b580b2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Congratulations!!   This is encouraging while I await a response.   My 10 business days are up on Friday.  If nothing, I will be calling yet again.

Carole