Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Got2Cruise

Chase Freedom Card 10% back

Recommended Posts

Just curious.  Who is giving the credit?  Is it Crystal or Chase?  When marketing is mentioned is that Crystal or Chase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm finally getting the $450 credit!!:classic_biggrin:   I spoke to a Chase manager today and was told the credit has been approved and I will be receiving a letter informing me.  He said it could take one or two billing cycles to see the credit.  In the meantime, I got a small credit on a Total Wine offer a few days after the purchase.  I have to wonder if I ever would have gotten the credit if I didn't call and persist.  They really make you work for that $450!!  

 

Carole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caroak said:

I'm finally getting the $450 credit!!:classic_biggrin:   I spoke to a Chase manager today and was told the credit has been approved and I will be receiving a letter informing me.  He said it could take one or two billing cycles to see the credit.  In the meantime, I got a small credit on a Total Wine offer a few days after the purchase.  I have to wonder if I ever would have gotten the credit if I didn't call and persist.  They really make you work for that $450!!  

 

Carole

Carole, good for you.  I’m trying to wait till Monday before I call again. Did you get the manager by calling the main Customer Support number?  

 

I received a PM on Twitter tonight thanking me for my patience and assuring me that someone will look at my case within 7 to 10 working days. How long must this go on? 

 

And why so long to get the credit once approved when other credits are prompt? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChansonDeLaMer said:

Carole, good for you.  I’m trying to wait till Monday before I call again. Did you get the manager by calling the main Customer Support number?  

 

I received a PM on Twitter tonight thanking me for my patience and assuring me that someone will look at my case within 7 to 10 working days. How long must this go on? 

 

And why so long to get the credit once approved when other credits are prompt? 

 

I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve card and called the customer service number on the back of the card.  The customer service person that answered was able to find the information that my complaint had been sent to the Marketing Department and it would take 7-10 business days for a response.  I told him today was the 10th business day and requested to speak to a Supervisor.  He said it would be a Manager and transferred me.  The Manager found the information that the credit had been approved and I would be getting a letter.  I complained that I have received other small credits within a few days and why so long for this one?  His answer was some credits take longer to process.  Well, that's obvious!  Good luck!

 

Carole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My AMEX platinum has 25,000 points if you charge $1000 on Crystal. Our Payment was due for our January cruise, so I just put that amount on my card, and the balance on my husbands. Thought I was a great deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the letter from Chase today.  Can't believe how screwed up they are with this offer.  Here's what was in the letter along with a phone number to call with any questions:

 

"We have received your request concerning your statement credit from Crystal Cruises.  The offer was for a 10% credit with a maximum earning of $450.00 and the minimum spend amount of $0.20.  This offer is valid one time only at Airbnb.  Please allow one or two billing cycles for the $450.00 to post to your account.  We appreciate your understanding in this matter."

 

This is unbelievable!!  I don't think I should call and let them know about the discrepancy in their letter so I'll wait and see if I get the credit.  Just hope the discrepancy doesn't trigger some kind of inquiry by Airbnb because it's not their offer although it says the credit is coming from Crystal Cruises.  The Airbnb offer is for  5% credit with a maximum of $28.00 and I've never charged anything to Airbnb.  I wonder if Crystal is actually the one issuing the credit and Chase has to get their approval.

 

Carole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.  It most certainly IS unbelievable. I think I’d tend to wait for the credit. Maybe someone can give more informed advice. 

 

If you have a screenshot of the accepted offer, plus your Chase statement showing a payment to Crystal, you could consider another call. 

 

I’m also wondering if the credit is coming from Crystal, especially since AMEX is also providing incentives for Crystal payments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just opened my Chase app because I was curious about current offers for credit. When I clicked on the Offers, there was a message that my Crystal credit has been approved!  I took a screenshot and will wait for my letter saying who knows what, possibly that the credit was granted for the right reason.   Until the credit is actually posted to my account, I’m not considering this episode closed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ChansonDeLaMer said:

Just opened my Chase app because I was curious about current offers for credit. When I clicked on the Offers, there was a message that my Crystal credit has been approved!  I took a screenshot and will wait for my letter saying who knows what, possibly that the credit was granted for the right reason.   Until the credit is actually posted to my account, I’m not considering this episode closed. 

 

When you get the letter let us know if it has a discrepancy like mine.  In my letter I noticed where is says credit from Crystal Cruises, Crystal Cruises is in a lighter print than the rest of of the letter like it was plugged into a form letter. 

 

Carole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The $450 credit finally posted to my account!!:classic_biggrin:  That was a lot more work than it should have been!

 

Carole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Success!  😃.    I had been told I would receive a letter by snail mail, but an email confirmed that my credit has been approved.  The email said I earned credit with a charge to Crystal.   Much to my delight, I then discovered the credit had been posted immediately.  

 

This process beginning to end required almost 7 weeks plus too much of my time.

 

 

 

Edited by ChansonDeLaMer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!   My cousins also just got their credit and only made one phone call and the rep didn't have a clue so their's never made it to the complaint department.   Sounds like they had a lot of complaints and credited many at one time.   I wonder if Crystal was responsible for the lack of timeliness.  

 

Carole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the email that my $450 credit has been applied. Cruise was booked and paid in full on July 23. I was just getting ready to call them, so I'm glad they're finally getting their act together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An earlier July thread alerted me to check my Chase cc benefits award for a max amount of $240 credit.  I followed the procedure of adding the Crystal award icon and then paying on my Crystal bill with the cc.  More than two weeks had passed and the credit had not shown up.  I reviewed the benefit/award page and it listed an expired "June 30 Crystal award for 10%" and no indication of a July award.  There had been other posts about the problems with Chase'  response.    --  Whew, I just received an email that I am to get the credit...soon.  tick-tock, tick-tock  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The friend I commented on above got his approval yesterday and the credit today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TER777 said:

The friend I commented on above got his approval yesterday and the credit today. 

 

Same here- email approval yesterday, credit  posted today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...