Cabins Le Champlain

laurelguy

OK, so I haven't sailed on Ponant yet – but I have two cruises booked and I have studied these deck plans pretty thoroughly before booking.  Here's my take:

•  Prestige Suite is basically two Prestige cabins with a communicating door and the bed removed from one side.  That means you get 2 complete bathrooms and the bedroom has privacy.  There are lots of Prestige Suites, and you have a choice of deck 5 [with cabins above and below for quiet] or deck 6 [the most 'prestigious' deck but it isn't clear exactly what is above you].

•  Privilege Suites cost more but are smaller, one large room, only one bathroom, but a really big walk-in dressing room area and one big balcony rather than two smaller ones.  There are only 4 Privilege Suites on the ship and they are very well located (aft), so they will sell out fast.  They also don't seem that different from the Deluxe Suites, so I'm not sure about the value proposition except that Deluxe Suites seem to be tucked in odd areas of the ship (most are far forward). 

Reviews have said that the basic cabins are small, compared to many reviewers' expectations – so either of these [or the Deluxe Suites] would seem to be a good choice for the extra room.

If it were me, I would probably book a Prestige Suite on Deck 5.

Like you, I'd like to hear from folks who have actually sailed these new-generation Ponant ships – but there aren't many since both Le Laperouse and Le Champlain only debuted last year.