Shanghai Bund-area Dining

sippican

I am looking for recommendations of places to eat within walking distance. I understand there are many upscale (and pricey) choices in the area and we are open to a special treat, or more moderately priced options. Eager to hear if anyone has a favorite,

My husband loves to get a cocktail at a "special" bar when we travel - we had drinks at the Long Bar (Waldorf Astoria) and it is sooooo lovely. Drinks were quite nice, ambiance is something special. We debated that and the rooftop at Hyatt on the Bund (which is where we were staying) and we were happy we chose the Long Bar.

Our favorite food that trip was a Night Markets food tour we did with Untour Shanghai, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

My husband loves to get a cocktail at a "special" bar when we travel - we had drinks at the Long Bar (Waldorf Astoria) and it is sooooo lovely. Drinks were quite nice, ambiance is something special. We debated that and the rooftop at Hyatt on the Bund (which is where we were staying) and we were happy we chose the Long Bar.

Our favorite food that trip was a Night Markets food tour we did with Untour Shanghai, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for 😉

I hadn't even thought of a food tour - but we did one in Italy and it was fantastic! Will definitely look into that! And thanks for the Long Bar recommendation.

• Like 1

2 years ago when I was there I ate at a rest. located on the elevated pedestrian walkway within view of the Shangai Tower. I'm sorry I can't remember the name but I believe there were numerous rest. in the area. The food was very good and the waiter was from France and spoke English very well. I sat at an outside table and enjoyed the view of the lights of the Bund. If possible visit at night. I believe the lights turn on at about 7 PM. Enjoy as I certainly did!