UBER at Sydney Airport

gdlamberth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My recent experience ( in Jan) with Uber is Sydney was good. I used the airport wifi after claiming my luggage ( it was a domestic flight) and hailed my uber ride. We had to Go across the pedestrian crossing and walk along to where uber picks up. The wifi signal was very weak at that point. We paid $52 Aus from the airport to our hotel in Walsh bay.

• 3 weeks later...

We did a cab on arrival and the train on departure since we had money left on our Opal cards.  Could not be bothered with Uber and I do not think the difference, if any, was worth fretting over.

Edited by iancal

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, WAVTAM said:

Estimate fare form International to say the train stop of Circular Quay (CBD) is 45-54 dollars. We just take train for 34.80 dollars to Quay.

WAvtam, The train from the airport to Circular Quay is $34.80 per person or for 2?

The cost quoted by WAVTAM is for 2. The cost is now $18.70 per person I believe if travelling during the week - it maybe cheaper at weekends. 

This website will help plan your public transport travel while in Sydney. https://transportnsw.info/trip#/

Leigh

Edited by possum52

• 1 month later...

Had read taxi from Sydney airport to Rocks area was 50-60 Australian dollars.

In actual fact, since we travelled during a drizzling early morning rush hour, we paid $120 Australian.

(Holiday Inn on George Street)

We were two adults, two large cases and two rollaboards.

13 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

In actual fact, since we travelled during a drizzling early morning rush hour, we paid $120 Australian.

(Holiday Inn on George Street)

Did you get taken through the city? Or did you get stuck on Southern Cross Drive and the Eastern Distributor?

I've never paid that much at that time of the morning even when going across the harbour and up into the suburbs on that side.

16 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Did you get taken through the city? Or did you get stuck on Southern Cross Drive and the Eastern Distributor?

I've never paid that much at that time of the morning even when going across the harbour and up into the suburbs on that side.

Not sure to be honest..was shattered after the flight from Dubai and didn't pay much attention..except to the meter . Was a taxi from the organised rank outside airport. We were stuck in queues for almost the whole way, so don't think it was a scam!