Internet Question

itzfitz

We have the unlimited internet package included for one device.  I am bringing my computer.  Does someone know if I can also use my phone to text people that are on board the Edge with us or is my phone considered a 2nd device?  Thanks for your responses in advance.

14 minutes ago, itzfitz said:

We have the unlimited internet package included for one device.  I am bringing my computer.  Does someone know if I can also use my phone to text people that are on board the Edge with us or is my phone considered a 2nd device?  Thanks for your responses in advance.

You can use multiple devices, but only one can be signed in at a time. If your computer is signed in and you go and sign in on your phone a message will pop up asking if you want the computer knocked off to connect the phone.

Edited by CruisersTimesThree

3 hours ago, itzfitz said:

Are there any places on the ship that are "hot spots"? Thinking of using WhatsApp to contact friends on board.

Wifi works throughout the ship, but better in some places than others due to all the steel in the ship. You mentioned than you have wifi for one device so just sign in with your phone and you should be good almost everywhere. Your friends will ALSO have to have internet and be signed in, under their account for this to work.

3 hours ago, itzfitz said:

Are there any places on the ship that are "hot spots"? Thinking of using WhatsApp to contact friends on board.

There are no "hot spots" on the ship.   You need a paid wifi account to use WhatsApp.    If you have an account it works pretty good.