Carnival Legend - free steam and sauna

On the Pride they were back the hallway towards the locker rooms/showers.  It looked like they would hold 2-6 people depending on size and how close you wanted to sit to someone.

This is just memory from walking by it on our cruises a year ago and last fall.  The fitness center did have a jacuzzi that looked like it held 6-8.  We didn't use either, hopefully someone else pops in and can answer your questions more.

I was on the Legend back in 2017 and will be on her this September to Hawaii/Los Angeles and next June on her Transatlantic voyage.  The men's steam and sauna are not huge but there was never that many in there to take up much space.  I remember a window looking out in the from the sauna but not in the steam room but could be mistaken on the steam.  The steam room, at that time, did seem to shut itself off and it didn't seem like it was that much of a priority for the attendant to get it back in steamy order.  The sauna did seem to put out a decent amount of heat.  I rather enjoyed the spaces.

• Like 1

Both the sauna and steam rooms have windows on the Spirit class ships BUT they are frosted so you can't see out of them.  You can see the shadows of people walking past the windows so guess they had no choice to frost them. 

Steam room has 2 tiled benches facing each other, each bench sits 2 or 3 comfortably, 4 if you squeeze in.

Sauna has a 2 tiered bench on right hand side that faces the sauna heater.  Each bench would hold 3 people but if 3 on top bench their feet might prevent 3 on bottom bench.

In my experience it was rare to see more than 3, maybe 4 guys in either at one time.  Mornings I'd share facilities with 1 or 2 other guys, night time (between 830pm and 10pm closing time) was very rare to see anyone, I'd occasionally a Staff member enjoying a steam late at night.

sauna2.jpg

steam.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2019 at 8:26 PM, M4Travels said:

I was on the Legend back in 2017 and will be on her this September to Hawaii/Los Angeles and next June on her Transatlantic voyage.  The men's steam and sauna are not huge but there was never that many in there to take up much space.  I remember a window looking out in the from the sauna but not in the steam room but could be mistaken on the steam.  The steam room, at that time, did seem to shut itself off and it didn't seem like it was that much of a priority for the attendant to get it back in steamy order.  The sauna did seem to put out a decent amount of heat.  I rather enjoyed the spaces.

I’ll also be on the Legend September 26 from Vancouver to Hawaii to LA and the Transatlantic next June as well. My favorite thing on the Legend is the Steam and Sauna so I look forward to seeing you there!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FLSpaGuy said:

I’ll also be on the Legend September 26 from Vancouver to Hawaii to LA and the Transatlantic next June as well. My favorite thing on the Legend is the Steam and Sauna so I look forward to seeing you there!

See you onboard, @FLSpaGuy!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/10/2019 at 12:59 PM, OntarioBiMe said:

Both the sauna and steam rooms have windows on the Spirit class ships BUT they are frosted so you can't see out of them.  You can see the shadows of people walking past the windows so guess they had no choice to frost them. 

Steam room has 2 tiled benches facing each other, each bench sits 2 or 3 comfortably, 4 if you squeeze in.

Sauna has a 2 tiered bench on right hand side that faces the sauna heater.  Each bench would hold 3 people but if 3 on top bench their feet might prevent 3 on bottom bench.

In my experience it was rare to see more than 3, maybe 4 guys in either at one time.  Mornings I'd share facilities with 1 or 2 other guys, night time (between 830pm and 10pm closing time) was very rare to see anyone, I'd occasionally a Staff member enjoying a steam late at night.

sauna2.jpg

steam.jpg

Great description thanks!
Mark, feel free to shoot me an email, love chatting with fellow cruisers.

newsenmark@gmail.com 

00.26.04.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Amazingly....I logged into CruiseCritic today specifically to look for info on Carnival Legend's steam and sauna and here it is!

The big question is....are cruise ship's free steam and saunas open now post covid? What are the rules? 

I am looking at a sailing in December and of course rules change every 5 minutes!

Howard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...