On the Noordam which side has the best view going south

Debbborra

I am traveling with a family member who has always wanted to see Alaska. I have ocean cabins on deck 4 of the Noordam. I would like him to have the more scenic view. Should he be port or starboard or for the for those of us who may be a little dyslexic, the even or odd numbered cabin?

Thanks in advance for any insight. 

Several things here...are you going northbound, or southbound? Oops...didn't read thread title closely enough!   And are you aware that many of the OV cabins on that deck have obstructed or partially obstructed views?  Going north, one might prefer to be on the starboard (odd numbers) side.  But when you are making the sea day from Glacier Bay to Seward, you will likely be too far from the coast to have any view.  The advice would be the same, port side cabin (even numbers) going south.  If you have a cabin with a splendid view of a lifeboat...Nothing else matters.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Thanks very much.

Whew! It looks like I booked him on the correct side, so I won't have to call and ask for a shuffle. The views are partially obstructed. Still, pictures on reviews of the specific cabins make me think there will be some decent visibility. At least I hope so?  At least the window is large. 

You will likely want to be OUTSIDE to get the most from the views...so don't plan on staying in the cabin too much!  Windows basically give you natural light.  You can see what's outside, but your "all around" views will be limited with only a window.