Hope Princess does not begin doing this ...

PekingeseLady

I'm OK with that.  IF we want to try something, we do it as an appetizer...very small we say to try.  We don't order all the stuff, mainly salad and meal and maybe sometimes a dessert.  A lot of food to eat.  We just want to try and share, one or two pieces of something for the two of us:) as an appetizer.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

isn't this a duplicate post? 

This is the only post I've made about it on the  Princess Forum.

Sorry, if someone else had already posted on the same issue here on the Princess Forum  and I didn't see it.

Edited by OCruisers

Yes, I just read the 17+ pages about this on the HAL board.  After going through about 15 pages worth of judgmental garbage posts ("how could anyone eat 2 entrees") it looks like they instituted a test on 4 ships to charge an extra $10 for an additional entree.  To me this is a terrible way to "test the waters of revolt". 

We have done the majority of our cruises on HAL, but for the past 3 years have been exclusively on Princess. All I can say is we probably won't be returning to HAL soon, and I hope and pray that Princess does not follow along with HAL.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

On formal night, I like to skip appetizers, soups, and salads and order 2 entrees, the lobster tail and the beef wellington.  I never have desert, so I think Princess actually saves with my choices.

My husband and I do the same thing.  We each order a lobster, then we split the beef wellington.  Sometimes at the pub lunch, we each order fish and chips, then split an order of the shrimp and chips.  As long as people are eating it, and not wasting food, then I don't see what the problem is.  I know I won't be paying for a second entree though.  I will just go to the buffet and get whatever I want. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

My husband and I do the same thing.  We each order a lobster, then we split the beef wellington.  Sometimes at the pub lunch, we each order fish and chips, then split an order of the shrimp and chips.  As long as people are eating it, and not wasting food, then I don't see what the problem is.  I know I won't be paying for a second entree though.  I will just go to the buffet and get whatever I want. 

Next they will be refusing you entry to the buffet if you have already been to the main dining room.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Entrees won't bother us, but If they add a surcharge for more than one dessert, they're going to have to deal with my hubby. He never orders less than two, and he's been known to order all of them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

On formal night, I like to skip appetizers, soups, and salads and order 2 entrees, the lobster tail and the beef wellington.  I never have desert, so I think Princess actually saves with my choices.

19 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

My husband and I do the same thing.  We each order a lobster, then we split the beef wellington.  

I do that too, but have lobster for my appetiser then pheasant for my main. It's annoying when they have all the best menu choices on one night, especially on long cruises where there are more formal nights. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Entrees won't bother us, but If they add a surcharge for more than one dessert, they're going to have to deal with my hubby. He never orders less than two, and he's been known to order all of them.

Just like me!  :classic_smile:.                             

On my 1st cruise on Regal Princess, I just had to have a second helping of the Love Boat Dream. Absolute bliss. :classic_love:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stoneharborlady said:

Next they will be refusing you entry to the buffet if you have already been to the main dining room.

Respectfully, it looks to me like you’re complaining about something that hasn’t happened yet. I don’t think going hungry on a cruise ship is something we’ll have to worry about in the near future. 

Glenn

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Princess is already doing this on the MDR menu with entrees from the Crown Grill....

IMG_2614.JPG

35 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Princess is already doing this on the MDR menu with entrees from the Crown Grill....

IMG_2614.JPG

This really has no bearing as to what HAL is implementing. It is a test on four ships only, it will die a quick death just like the MSC brilliant idea of mandatory, no cancelling of gratuities.