What does Japanese guided tour mean

carma7007

I believe that the tour is essentially being conducted by a Japanese person.

Somebody else here will tell you that the tour will be walking on the left side of the sidewalk, Japanese style.

You can continue getting confusing answers here from posters guessing the answer - or you could just contact the people selling the tours. They can give you the real answer.

If you are referring to the princess cruises, Japanese guided means that it is spoken in Japanese language.  The english guided tours are spoken in english.

On our cruise last year the Japanese speaking tours were much cheaper and so many english speaking people took the tours for various reasons, often large number in family so cost a factor, and also the english speaking tours sold out much faster.  

There is a limited number of english speaking guides in Japan and I guess they are able to ask more per hour for their skills/guiding and therefore princess can charge more and make more $$ themselves too.

I have been on Japanese spoken tours in my early days of visiting Japan not cruise related.  There was always someone who spoke enough english who would give me a basic explanation of what we were seeing.

I guess if you are wanting to see rather than learn about what you are seeing you might be content with one of the Japanese guided tours.