Where is the salmon?

flipflap78

9 hours ago, Fogfog said:

@Flipflap78

I'd be interested to read (another thread perhaps) your comparison of MSC, Costa and Celebrity...

What you liked vs didn't. Food, Service, staterooms. Have friends from the UK that didn't care for the "taxi" approach of MSC in the Med. OTOH it could be convenient between cruises out of Venice ending in Roma..and then a TA from Barc back to the US. We may try MSC in the Caribb. before committing to a longer Med sailing or TA 

Grazie Mille

I'd love to! I'll write when I get back! grazie a te! 😀

22 hours ago, flipflap78 said:

Grazie. dicci quali cose ti sono piaciute e quali sono state le cose differenti. Anni fa vivevamo in Umbria. Ci piace stare in una casa e noleggiare un'auto. Forse faremo una crociera per visitare parti della costa dell'Italia e del Mediterraneo. Ci sentiamo piu tardi 

fogfog

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:45 AM, Fogfog said:

@Flipflap78

I'd be interested to read (another thread perhaps) your comparison of MSC, Costa and Celebrity...

What you liked vs didn't. Food, Service, staterooms. Have friends from the UK that didn't care for the "taxi" approach of MSC in the Med. OTOH it could be convenient between cruises out of Venice ending in Roma..and then a TA from Barc back to the US. We may try MSC in the Caribb. before committing to a longer Med sailing or TA 

Grazie Mille

For what its worth, MSC does not do their "taxi" thing on the Caribbean cruises that depart from Miami.  In order to comply with so-called "closed loop" rules of the USA, that is not possible.  

Hank

5 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

For what its worth, MSC does not do their "taxi" thing on the Caribbean cruises that depart from Miami.  In order to comply with so-called "closed loop" rules of the USA, that is not possible.  

Hank

Correct

My message is likely confusing

We may try out MSC on the caribbean to see if its for us...have been told we may enjoy YC

We have friends who sailed MSC in the Med and hated the taxi- feel of it and felt it was below the Celebrity they enjoy

Have considered MSC for the Med and yet hope to get more opinions of it (both Med and Carib) before we spend that $ and time. 

1 minute ago, Fogfog said:

Correct

My message is likely confusing

We may try out MSC on the caribbean to see if its for us...have been told we may enjoy YC

We have friends who sailed MSC in the Med and hated the taxi- feel of it and felt it was below the Celebrity they enjoy

Have considered MSC for the Med and yet hope to get more opinions of it (both Med and Carib) before we spend that $ and time. 

Add us to those that loved the YC on a Caribbean Cruise.  It was our first MSC cruise (Divina) and we have quickly become big fans of the YC concept.   We also share your concern about the taxi issue on Med cruises which has us questioning whether we would want to do MSC in Europe.   While on the Divina we had a nice chat with an English couple who had done several Med cruises in the Yacht Club and they loved the experience.  They told us that the constant embarkation/disembarkation procedures at the ports was not a problem in the YC.  But we still have some doubts.

Hank

I've read that many celebrity cruise passengers can compare a msc yc, I've gone from msc aurea to celebrity so I'm a little scared to go back on msc, not so much for the ships, but for the Italians 😅 it's so nice to be the only Italians on board! On X is already the third time and I hope it will always be so 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, flipflap78 said:

I've read that many celebrity cruise passengers can compare a msc yc, I've gone from msc aurea to celebrity so I'm a little scared to go back on msc, not so much for the ships, but for the Italians 😅 it's so nice to be the only Italians on board! On X is already the third time and I hope it will always be so 🥰

Well looking fwd to hearing you compare (another thread) when you have time

Enjoy this vacation.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
On 3/6/2019 at 9:00 PM, Fogfog said:

Well looking fwd to hearing you compare (another thread) when you have time

Enjoy this vacation.

Cheers

Goodmorning Fogfog ! 

Unfortunately you can not send private messages, I wanted to tell you that these days I will make my differences between MSC and Celebrity! (and I will try in less than a month Azamara!)

See you soon !!!

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 7:46 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Looking at the photo of the Salmon, they still have a quality control issue.   It really sooks sad!

The bagel is not looking great either , but glad it is back and we are back on topic!

I love smoked salmon and I would be as frustrated as the OP if it were not available!

But I expect it is a temporary issue.  I cannot imagine Celebrity removing that well loved item from their offerings.  I was on CARNIVAL last year with the kids and smoked salmon was always available.  If Carnival can offer it, so will Celebrity. 

As an aside, although the food on Carnival was pretty basic (meaning less fancy or haute cuisine), the quality of what was offered was quite good. 

On 3/4/2019 at 8:24 AM, cruisestitch said:

I was on a trans Atlantic on Celebrity once where there was no sirloin steak.  The delivery never arrived. They tried to buy steaks at the last port before we headed across the sea but they were awful.  😢The chef tried to marinate them but they were still awful. 😪And finally they gave up and we simply had to do without for the entire crossing.😩

I was on that cruise! The Chef, who left for Princess, told me that the shipment of NY Strip never arrived and he went to the market in Barcelona to replace it. They were also out and he shopped in Malaga. He knew that the meat was tough but thought he could tenderize it. Didn't work! Said that he'd never purchase inferior meat again.

59 minutes ago, Orator said:

I was on that cruise! The Chef, who left for Princess, told me that the shipment of NY Strip never arrived and he went to the market in Barcelona to replace it. They were also out and he shopped in Malaga. He knew that the meat was tough but thought he could tenderize it. Didn't work! Said that he'd never purchase inferior meat again.

Any real chef would know that marinating does not tenderize meat.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tourist1292 said:

That is not true. Many fruit juice can be used to marinate and tenderize meat.

Pineapple and Papaya just to name a few. You don't even need to use the juice, the enzyme that does the tenderizing can be bought in powder form (Papain). Add this to any marinade and I promise you it will tenderize the meat. And yes I used to be a Chef. 

On 3/6/2019 at 6:46 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Looking at the photo of the Salmon, they still have a quality control issue.   It really looks sad!

Back to the topic of this Thread... Why does the salmon appear white? If I received that for my plate I would be sending it back!

Edited by SFLcowboy78
spelling

On 3/3/2019 at 9:04 AM, flipflap78 said:

They didn't lower the prices so I don't think they can really lower the quality.

Sure they can, and frequently do.  When costs go up, many companies are loathe to increase prices accordingly, so instead they cut quality or charge for things that were previously included in order to keep the base price the same.