Drink Menu with prices

luvtocook

On 5/31/2019 at 7:49 AM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I’m surprised that they are not trying to tax the entire cost of the cruise!

We just returned from our cruise and I don't think they charged the VAT on anything.  Shore excursions or drinks!  Maybe a scare tactic to get you to pay in advance??  And someone questioned earlier that both people in the cabin had to buy the drink package.  According to the person I talked to at Windstar, that is false.  Also, we booked our drink package a few weeks prior to our cruise and it was $52 per person per day.  Don't know why we got a discount (maybe it was the price at the time of our booking??) but glad we didn't have to pay $59 pppd.  

4 hours ago, Grayboots said:

We just returned from our cruise and I don't think they charged the VAT on anything.  Shore excursions or drinks!  Maybe a scare tactic to get you to pay in advance??  And someone questioned earlier that both people in the cabin had to buy the drink package.  According to the person I talked to at Windstar, that is false.  Also, we booked our drink package a few weeks prior to our cruise and it was $52 per person per day.  Don't know why we got a discount (maybe it was the price at the time of our booking??) but glad we didn't have to pay $59 pppd.  

Good point.  We ended up doing the "all in" All inclusive package, because we were going to get the laundry package and planning on only doing two excursions, which means we'd have lunch on the boat nearly  every day, and spend the afternoon on the boat, which means more alcohol would get consumed.  So for us it also kind of boiled down to shore excursions or drinks.  We wanted to relax and not be running around.  

Windstar does not make everyone in the cabin get the drink package.  This is usually the honor system, and they loosely keep track.  You will not get away with just one person getting drinks for two people.

The first day of the cruise they offered the all inclusive plan on wind spirit for the same price as we pre-paid.  The deal is good if you are going to drink 6 drinks per day (of course depends on what you drink - beer is much cheaper than cocktails).  They did not change VAT on anything as far as I know.

I signed about 10 receipts for the whole cruise (with the drink package).  The crew seem particularly bad at recognizing people compared to other cruises.  I am generally friendly. I am from a small town and for me it is rude to ask for a drink without talking and making a personal connection.  (I am not being critical of those who do not make small talk it is just in my DNA). In the past, in one day they would all know me.  Not on this cruise. 

• 2 months later...

Appalled at the abysmal Tequila selection.  Have contacted Windstar and they say they are "unable to locate" other tequila.  Keep sending queries to the powers that be, but so far no one addressing this.  Shocked that there are premium spirits in all other categories except Tequila.  And no Mezcal??!!!.  Very sad indeed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 5:37 PM, Spanky My said:

Thanks... just curious as we have never taken any liquor out  of the mini fridge. We usually have them clear it out so we have more room to put other things. But we thought we might give it a shot this time to have a beverage in our room.

Spanky, attached is the Mini Bar menu 

D8E5F424-B0C8-49B5-992B-096A38D40F40.jpeg

Edited by minidonuts85

Correct CFM ... The service charge of 15%  on the mini bar is in my opinion  not warranted ! If someone serves me I guess that is the normal charge.

So I guess go to the bar, order what you want for the same price and get it in a  glass for the same price is more appropriate to me .

Adding a $1.04 service charge.. and we do the work really is not a bargain  and it results to the same price is questionable at best.

I think windstar needs to lower their price for the mini bar.  That is about 3X more than you could buy the same thing off the ship . Just sayin  🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 1:59 PM, Spanky My said:

Correct CFM ... The service charge of 15%  on the mini bar is in my opinion  not warranted ! If someone serves me I guess that is the normal charge.

So I guess go to the bar, order what you want for the same price and get it in a  glass for the same price is more appropriate to me .

Adding a $1.04 service charge.. and we do the work really is not a bargain  and it results to the same price is questionable at best.

I think windstar needs to lower their price for the mini bar.  That is about 3X more than you could buy the same thing off the ship . Just sayin  🙂

Um. Mixers are free so you’re saying you can get a gin and tonic off ship for $2.25?  Good luck with that. Just sayin.