Right decision with the upgrade fairy ?

Mommawo

A week from sailing and the upgrade fairly called. We were in the cheapest of the cheap 2324 on the Dream. Offer was for 350 dollars and room 

6262 a balcony unobstructed view.   I did I get a good deal?  Please tell me it was a good move 😆 

Edited by Mommawo
  • Like 1

Just now, elcuchio24 said:

If thats per room I think its a pretty good deal. Not sure what your room history his, but for us its balcony or nothing, we love them!

Yup per room not person.  We booked a year ago and kept looking to see if there was a price drop and never found one always went up by a hundred or even 2 hundred per person when I checked.  Don’t remember original price but new one is 804 per person so original one should have been 629 I’m thinking with the price difference of new price.  Probably not bad for a full size balcony with no obstruction to view. I can’t do a mock booking to see because cruise doesn’t even show up at all now online when I try 

2 minutes ago, Mommawo said:

Yup per room not person.  We booked a year ago and kept looking to see if there was a price drop and never found one always went up by a hundred or even 2 hundred per person when I checked.  Don’t remember original price but new one is 804 per person so original one should have been 629 I’m thinking with the price difference of new price.  Probably not bad for a full size balcony with no obstruction to view. I can’t do a mock booking to see because cruise doesn’t even show up at all now online when I try 

I would be incredible surprised if you're disappointed :-) Enjoy!

2 ppl in your cabin or 4?  I got an upsale from an interior to a ocean view a while back on the Valor 5 Night with 4 ppl.  It was something like 220 for the room... that was a good deal - about 11/person/day  for a larger room with a window.

4 hours ago, Mommawo said:

A week from sailing and the upgrade fairly called. We were in the cheapest of the cheap 2324 on the Dream. Offer was for 350 dollars and room 

6262 a balcony unobstructed view.   I did I get a good deal?  Please tell me it was a good move 😆 

For me it would depend on how much I had already spent for the inside cabin, and the number of cruise days. 

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.if you feel like it was a good deal that's all that matters.ive never had a balcony.i did go ocean view this round but my wife has no interest in balconies due to smokers.i did get one for an up coming msc cruise though.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, scpirate said:

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.if you feel like it was a good deal that's all that matters.ive never had a balcony.i did go ocean view this round but my wife has no interest in balconies due to smokers.i did get one for an up coming msc cruise though.

Your opinion is all that matters. These days when we get a balcony we find we spend little time out there as we are out and about almost all the time.

To the OP, I think you got a great deal to move up to a balcony.  We like to book a balcony whenever possible, because you never know when it might come in handy.  Sometimes it's crowded on top deck, and just want to chill and relax outside when docked at port and people watch, eat a meal, or even take a nap, lol.  If it makes you and yours happy then I say for that price difference between inside and balcony, it's well worth it.  Also might enjoy being a little closer to things on deck 6 vs deck 2.  Hope you have a great time, we love the Breeze!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

To the OP, I think you got a great deal to move up to a balcony.  We like to book a balcony whenever possible, because you never know when it might come in handy.  Sometimes it's crowded on top deck, and just want to chill and relax outside when docked at port and people watch, eat a meal, or even take a nap, lol.  If it makes you and yours happy then I say for that price difference between inside and balcony, it's well worth it.  Also might enjoy being a little closer to things on deck 6 vs deck 2.  Hope you have a great time, we love the Breeze!

Thank you.  

Probably contrary to most people we spend a lot of time on our balcony - especially people watching if facing the dock or reading or just watching the ocean and reading when in a port we have been to many times.  I think you made a great decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

Probably contrary to most people we spend a lot of time on our balcony - especially people watching if facing the dock or reading or just watching the ocean and reading when in a port we have been to many times.  I think you made a great decision.

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

One of me favorite things to do when at a beach vacation is coffee in the morning on the balcony. Love watching the ocean.  I think we will probably use it as well.  Thanks !! As we get older we enjoy people watching as well 

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

One of me favorite things to do when at a beach vacation is coffee in the morning on the balcony. Love watching the ocean.  I think we will probably use it as well.  Thanks !! As we get older we enjoy people watching as well