Have you won a move up bid?

mfs2k

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just received notification that our Move-Up offer was accepted at 16 days prior to cruise.   We had previously upgraded to a paid upgrade from A1 to Sky Suite Guarantee about 5 weeks ago.   I only bid on the RS as we are on a B2B and the TA portion was already in a Royal.   I bid just a tad over minimum.  

Very sweet.  Congratulations.

Enjoy, the B2B in a Royal Suite.  

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Very sweet.  Congratulations.

Enjoy, the B2B in a Royal Suite.  

I agree....Hey Jim...I misquoted!

Just curious or maybe you mentioned this earlier, you are saying that there was an RS available to book that was showing up on Celebrity's web site...There was no RS available, but maybe one just came available and you were lucky enough to get it!   Om my next cruise this month, some people were able to bid, but certain suites are not showing up on the site.  Congrats and have a wonderful long cruise in your RS.

The RS on Edge has a huge overhang and is decorated using a cube style tile that could make some feel a little queezy...i guess I keep seeing those photos in my mind, but you are on M class...

Edited by Lastdance

15 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I agree....Hey Jim...I misquoted!

Just curious or maybe you mentioned this earlier, you are saying that there was an RS available to book that was showing up on Celebrity's web site...There was no RS available, but maybe one just came available and you were lucky enough to get it!   Om my next cruise this month, some people were able to bid, but certain suites are not showing up on the site.  Congrats and have a wonderful long cruise in your RS.

The RS on Edge has a huge overhang and is decorated using a cube style tile that could make some feel a little queezy...i guess I keep seeing those photos in my mind, but you are on M class...

In my case there were lots of suits open prior to opening of bidding.    If I recall there was 2 CS, 5 RS and 1 PS.   This is an unusual cruise as it 4 night cruise for Easter just prior to the TA.     Right after bidding opened up all the suits showed not available.    Just before I received the e-mail saying I had my bid accepted I noticed that the only cabins showing available  were inside guarantees.  

After I received my room I checked and it said no bids available for the PS.    This morning I got an e-mail inviting me to bid on the PS.   They raised the minimum bid from 750 to 1,000 pp and the previous 750 had been from a SS to PS not a RS to PS.   Just my observations.

18 hours ago, Tourist1292 said:

Good for you. Free upgrade is YMMV.

I had done it before.  On a B2B2B, on one leg the price on an AQ dropped below what we were paying for our balcony.  My TA got us moved to the AQ cabin for no upcharge.  How can they charge you an upcharge when the price is less than what you've already paid?  You just need to do your homework.

Just now, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I had done it before.  On a B2B2B, on one leg the price on an AQ dropped below what we were paying for our balcony.  My TA got us moved to the AQ cabin for no upcharge.  How can they charge you an upcharge when the price is less than what you've already paid?  You just need to do your homework.

Or they just don't let you upgrade if they are not gaining anything. We actually added perks to make the upgrade possible.

My cruise is 5 weeks out.   Celebrity, and a well know TA that I book through, show no available staterooms to upgrade to.   

Should I even expect a Move-up bid email in a week or so if nothing is available? 

Or... if I go to Celebrity's Move-up web link a month or less out, will I be allowed to place a bid if there is nothing available above my booked category?

If I never receive a Move-up email, and rely on the web link only, should I check daily and make a bid each visit?

4 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

If I never receive a Move-up email,  and rely on the web link only, should I check daily and make a bid each visit?

You can make multiple bids anytime. You can even change your bid or cancel it. As long as they show open cabins. 

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

My cruise is 5 weeks out.   Celebrity, and a well know TA that I book through, show no available staterooms to upgrade to.   

Should I even expect a Move-up bid email in a week or so if nothing is available? 

Or... if I go to Celebrity's Move-up web link a month or less out, will I be allowed to place a bid if there is nothing available above my booked category?

If I never receive a Move-up email, and rely on the web link only, should I check daily and make a bid each visit?

It was same on the cruise that I just won a Move up from S1 Guarantee to RS.   5 weeks out the only availability they showed was Inside Guarantee.   I was notified of my win 16 days  prior to cruise. 

On this cruise I guess I had not selected to receive marketing and did not receive a move up invitation.  It accepted my bid and of course I got the room I bid on 

You are only able to bid once per type of room.    You can however go back from the link that confirms your bid and modify or cancel your bid. 

20 hours ago, Tourist1292 said:

Or they just don't let you upgrade if they are not gaining anything. We actually added perks to make the upgrade possible.

I upgraded from Concierge to Aqua when the price dropped to the same as what I paid (after final payment) 

They let me upgrade at the same cost.  No out of pocket money needed. 

And when they took away my OBC, I complained and they restored it. 

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are only able to bid once per type of room.    You can however go back from the link that confirms your bid and modify or cancel your bid. 

What do you mean by "You are only able to bid once per type of room?"  As you said, you can go back and modify your bids at any time so isn't that the same?

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It was same on the cruise that I just won a Move up from S1 Guarantee to RS.   5 weeks out the only availability they showed was Inside Guarantee.   I was notified of my win 16 days  prior to cruise. 

On this cruise I guess I had not selected to receive marketing and did not receive a move up invitation.  It accepted my bid and of course I got the room I bid on 

So you WERE able to put a bid in on a category even though that category was not showing available? 🤔

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

You can check the web link now to see if they’re accepting bids even though you’re more than 30 days out.  If not, keep checking back.

On my late April sailing, they began accepting bids further than 30 days out. They have been accepting bids on RS and PS despite the lack of any publically showing in availability.

Although I’m not going to bid on anything, I’m able to place a bid through the link 

without receiving an invitation. 

19 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

So you WERE able to put a bid in on a category even though that category was not showing available? 🤔

Think about this: Someone in a RS cancels 5 days before sailing. Celebrity may think they'd have a difficult time selling an expensive suite that close to departure. But if they have a list of folks who have already given Celebrity the authority to charge their credit cards for an upgrade to RS, then problem solved.

6 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Think about this: Someone in a RS cancels 5 days before sailing. Celebrity may think they'd have a difficult time selling an expensive suite that close to departure. But if they have a list of folks who have already given Celebrity the authority to charge their credit cards for an upgrade to RS, then problem solved.

Same is true with every category.  It's like a standby booking with a price attached to each bid.   If an aqua moves up to a suite for $1500; and a concierge moves to aqua for $200; and a balcony moves to Concierge for $150 and an OV moves to a balcony for $300 and an inside moves to an OV for $250 and they sell the inside for $2000 then they basically got $4,400 for that suite.

43 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Same is true with every category.  It's like a standby booking with a price attached to each bid.   If an aqua moves up to a suite for $1500; and a concierge moves to aqua for $200; and a balcony moves to Concierge for $150 and an OV moves to a balcony for $300 and an inside moves to an OV for $250 and they sell the inside for $2000 then they basically got $4,400 for that suite.

Plus the suite was already paid for.  So they're making out like bandits.

• Like 1

Question...

If you win a move up bid and all the perks come with the big suite, are you able to get a refund for those items you already purchased, say for instance the dinner package and beverage package?  For several suites above CS, many packages are included...

39 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Question...

If you win a move up bid and all the perks come with the big suite, are you able to get a refund for those items you already purchased, say for instance the dinner package and beverage package?  For several suites above CS, many packages are included...

You don’t get any perks you didn’t already buy, with a move up bid. 

12 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

You don’t get any perks you didn’t already buy, with a move up bid. 

Not true for the top suites; the top suites come with perks such as laundry, premium beverage package, unlimited internet, two bottles of liquor and complimentary mini bar.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo70 said:

Not true for the top suites; the top suites come with perks such as laundry, premium beverage package, unlimited internet, two bottles of liquor and complimentary mini bar.

Any promotions associated with the original booking will remain in effect. The Upgrade will not be eligible to receive any promotions or benefits that are applicable to the stateroom had it been originally booked at that stateroom category.

From Terms and Conditions

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade/celebrity-moveup-terms

Just now, mfs2k said:

Any promotions associated with the original booking will remain in effect. The Upgrade will not be eligible to receive any promotions or benefits that are applicable to the stateroom had it been originally booked at that stateroom category.

From Terms and Conditions

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade/celebrity-moveup-terms

You are not understanding the difference between perks that come with a room and perks that are promotions at the time of booking. Just as one is able to dine in Luminae and access Michael's Club if one sails in a suite via Move Up (perks that come with all suites), people receive premium beverage packages, unlimited wifi etc. if moving up to a top suite (as top suite come with these perks as part of the suite).

4 minutes ago, Gonzo70 said:

You are not understanding the difference between perks that come with a room and perks that are promotions at the time of booking. Just as one is able to dine in Luminae and access Michael's Club if one sails in a suite via Move Up (perks that come with all suites), people receive premium beverage packages, unlimited wifi etc. if moving up to a top suite (as top suite come with these perks as part of the suite).

ok

2 hours ago, BEAV said:

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Plus the suite was already paid for.  So they're making out like bandits.

Good explanations and points!

I agree with Gonzo.  Before a sailing several years ago, before Luminae was available on our ship, we received a call to upgrade to a Sky Suite.  We paid for it.  Once onboard, we were very surprised to learn that our suite came with 2 free dinners to Specialty.  We had previously been told on this board that no suite perks would be included.  We already had the other 4 promo perks attached to our booking.

Not that it would ever happen, but it would be interesting to know if we would receive some OBC back on the 2 dinners that we have booked for an upcoming cruise... should we win an upgrade to a RS.