Have you won a move up bid?

mfs2k

Just a reminder to go into your Celebrity account and make sure under preferences your offers & communication preferences ARE checked.  I am glad I double checked because Celebrity cruises was NOT checked.  I know it was previously because I received offers late last year(Oct & Dec).

• Like 1

Thank you.  😉  I took a look and mine was not checked. 

37 days to go!   There is not much left in inventory, and nothing to upgrade to for DH and I, so I doubt we will receive an email.  I'll keep checking the link, just the same.

After this cruise, I am unchecking that box.   I received way too much email from Celebrity the last time I signed up.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

May I ask if you booked directly through X or a TA? Just wondering since I didn't receive an email as I booked through a big box TA. Thanks for any info.

I booked through a TA and received invite, however I am not your cruise.    I found that you have to sign up for Marketing from Celebrity to obtain.   On our first of a B2B I did not receive one then subscribed and got an invite for my second half.

10 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Is it normal for Celebrity to send Move Up emails 51 days prior to sailing? The Captain's Club rep advised that it had to be an IT glitch as the norm should be 30 days out.

It's possible I received my Move-Up email 45 prior to sailing. 

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I booked through a TA and received invite, however I am not your cruise.    I found that you have to sign up for Marketing from Celebrity to obtain.   On our first of a B2B I did not receive one then subscribed and got an invite for my second half.

CC rep checked my account and advised that all of my boxes were checked with regards to email, marketing, etc. He said that there should have been a Move Up banner on my check-in page if the offer was available which I don't have.  He had no answer. I logged into my online account and all of the boxes were checked.  It's a mystery. I just checked with my big box TA and they advised that they do not prevent clients from receiving upgrade offers directly from the cruise lines.

Edited by shirazcruiser

7 minutes ago, Rina155 said:

My offer still shows “pending”. Cruise departs in 7 days.  Still keeping my fingers crossed, but if not I am satisfied with the cabin we have.

How long has it said pending?  I have observed that those who see pending are typically moved up in that particular category.  Good luck!   Please update us if you have a chance.  Have a wonderful cruise.

27 minutes ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

Are you looking at the email that says your offer has been received? TY

No I went to the link directly and re entered my name and reservation number.  Then it took me to my offer I have submitted and it says "pending"

4 hours ago, angiemom said:

Try putting "Moveup" in the search box on the celebrity website.  The move up banner disappeared from my page but I was still able to view it again by doing that.

It is also easy to find in the Pull Down Menu (left side of header).    It is near the bottom under already booked.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rina155 said:

No I went to the link directly and re entered my name and reservation number.  Then it took me to my offer I have submitted and it says "pending"

I went to email that was sent back to me and hit modify/cancel. It took me to the bids I made. They both say pending but one of them is the penthouse. Both penthouses are sold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

I went to email that was sent back to me and hit modify/cancel. It took me to the bids I made. They both say pending but one of them is the penthouse. Both penthouses are sold.

Bummer!  So much for my observations.

17 minutes ago, aruzinski said:

We bid $300 and went from a guaranteed balcony (which ended up obstructed) to a Concierge. Well worth it.

What was the length of your cruise?

Was $300 your per person bid, or total for two?

Edited by BEAV

23 minutes ago, aruzinski said:

We bid $300 and went from a guaranteed balcony (which ended up obstructed) to a Concierge. Well worth it.

That sounds like a fair deal if you can pick the room after the upgrade. Anyway, most Concierge cabins are good. I upgraded from 1A (not GTY but hand picked room) to Concierge for a negative cost after OBC. The veranda GTY was around $300 cheaper than my 1A when I booked initially.

14 minutes ago, BEAV said:

What was the length of your cruise?

Was $300 your per person bid, or total for two?

It was a 10 night Caribbean. The price was per person. Still worth it.

Edited by aruzinski

2 minutes ago, aruzinski said:

It was a 10 night Caribbean. The price was per person. Still worth it.

So it is $600 per cabin!!! That is not so sweet even for a 10 night cruise unless your original GTY cabin booking was very cheap.