Have you won a move up bid?

mfs2k

19 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

That sounds like a fair deal if you can pick the room after the upgrade. Anyway, most Concierge cabins are good. I upgraded from 1A (not GTY but hand picked room) to Concierge for a negative cost after OBC. The veranda GTY was around $300 cheaper than my 1A when I booked initially.

Most likely you won't be able to select a cabin after upgrade.   From my experience once we won our bid all the cabins in that classification showed booked.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Most likely you won't be able to select a cabin after upgrade.   From my experience once we won our bid all the cabins in that classification showed booked.

Then it is not a very good deal although most Concierge cabin locations are nice. It may be around the same cost with a paid upgrade but one may pick the room.

Edited by Tourist1292

32 minutes ago, aruzinski said:

It was a 10 night Caribbean. The price was per person. Still worth it.

Thanks! Knowing that info helps put it all into perspective.

Enjoy your cruise!

4 hours ago, Tourist1292 said:

Then it is not a very good deal although most Concierge cabin locations are nice. It may be around the same cost with a paid upgrade but one may pick the room.

That can often be the case.   It is good to know the price trends and value of the upgrade.   I noticed that some of the prices were well over what you could have purchased the room for prior to the bidding.  

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That can often be the case.   It is good to know the price trends and value of the upgrade.   I noticed that some of the prices were well over what you could have purchased the room for prior to the bidding.  

Yes, that is what I have noticed too. Nevertheless, I have seen people bidding on things at eBay way over the price that can be bought from other vendors too. Many items even have starting bids higher than regular prices. I guess it may be the same situation here sometimes.

Edited by Tourist1292

2 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

Yes, that is what I have noticed too. Nevertheless, I have seen people bidding on things at eBay way over the price that can be bought from other vendors too. Many items even have starting bids higher than regular prices. I guess it may be the same situation here sometimes.

I think you are 100% correct.   At the end of the day value is the price a seller and buyer agree upon whether good or bad.  

While I haven't used Celebrity's MoveUp program yet, I did use NCL's successfully last year. Both cruise lines contract with the same 3rd party company to handle their bid upgrade programs. When factoring my bid, I looked at the current price difference between the category I was booked in and category I was bidding up to. I decided I only wanted to bid 1/2 that amount, and then cut it back a little more. So my bid amount ended up being about 40% of the price it would have been to upgrade outright. While my bid was successful, it was also considered in the "poor" range of winning. It should come as no surprise that the cruise line wants you to overbid, putting more $$$ into their pockets. You have to do your homework!

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:24 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

That's the one I'm on.  Haven't seen you on the roll call.  Keep an eye out if you're really interested in a suite, there are quite a few available.  I suspect the "upgrade" price will drop.

I have not joined the roll call but I will now 🙂  We have friends that cruising with us in AQ, so unless we all upgrade...we will stay put.  It is our first time on Celebrity, and we are looking forward it!  It is my DH and I 10th wedding anniversary and his last US state to visit.  Very excited for this cruise!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rina155 said:

Well we did not win the move up bid. So stayed in the ocean view cabin. It is really nice. 

ED8044C0-FE14-40FB-AB8E-D18BDE1EFC13.jpeg

C6E86F55-429A-47FE-BD6D-137B53F3E92B.jpeg

Fantastic room.  This looks like one of the forward ones on a higher deck.  We are in an OV in June(Summit), deck 2(guarantee).  We may or may not try to move up, depends on the price point.  Have a great cruise.  

• Like 1

I suspect the answer will be a no. But if you use the move up process to a higher grade of cabin i.e AQ to SS do you get the increased amount of CC points or as I suspect, just the number for your original booking? 

For those interested, a “Celebrity MoveUp Tracker” spreadsheet has now been set up on this thread.  Go to the “last page” of the message thread to find the link and the “questionnaire” if you wish to participate by submitting your information.  Information being compiled is for both those that do bid and those who decided not to bid.  IF bidding, further information gathered whether the bid was successful, or not.  

Tracker will run for ~ 6 months and after that, will decide if it is worth pursuing for a longer period of time.

• Like 1

There are  4 or 5 threads on this " hot topic"...hoping a few can be merged or left behind! 

The more I read about it...the less likely we would bid.  We usually  book early for the best cabin we can  afford and usually stick with it.,.and see prices  go much higher!

Some cruisers have done very well with the Move Up Program but not for us...

• 2 months later...

We received a move up offer 2 days ago. Currently booked in an oceanview room only because veranda wasn't available when we booked it and the suites were astronomical.  
Our offers were for veranda, family veranda and concierge.  I bid for all 3 in the fair meter area.  
Just checked to see if still pending and the veranda and family veranda bids show expired.  Never heard of of expired status, only accepted or rejected. 
The concierge still shows pending, but it doesn't give me the option to modify it any more.  
Has anyone else had their bids expire, and how long was your bid in  before it expired? 

Edited by webecruzin2
for got to add info

59 minutes ago, webecruzin2 said:

We received a move up offer 2 days ago. Currently booked in an oceanview room only because veranda wasn't available when we booked it and the suites were astronomical.  
Our offers were for veranda, family veranda and concierge.  I bid for all 3 in the fair meter area.  
Just checked to see if still pending and the veranda and family veranda bids show expired.  Never heard of of expired status, only accepted or rejected. 
The concierge still shows pending, but it doesn't give me the option to modify it any more.  
Has anyone else had their bids expire, and how long was your bid in  before it expired? 

On the cruise we just finished we had an OV and made mid range bids on same ctgys as you. Ours remained in pending status until 48 hrs before sailing when we received notification that they were rejected.

1 hour ago, bkbarrym said:

On the cruise we just finished we had an OV and made mid range bids on same ctgys as you. Ours remained in pending status until 48 hrs before sailing when we received notification that they were rejected.

Thanks!

It just seems odd that ours is showing expired when the offer was just 2 days ago  and the cruise is not until early September and the concierge cat. is still showing pending but I'm not able to modify it.  

On 4/6/2019 at 6:10 PM, BEAV said:

While I haven't used Celebrity's MoveUp program yet, I did use NCL's successfully last year. Both cruise lines contract with the same 3rd party company to handle their bid upgrade programs. When factoring my bid, I looked at the current price difference between the category I was booked in and category I was bidding up to. I decided I only wanted to bid 1/2 that amount, and then cut it back a little more. So my bid amount ended up being about 40% of the price it would have been to upgrade outright. While my bid was successful, it was also considered in the "poor" range of winning. It should come as no surprise that the cruise line wants you to overbid, putting more $$$ into their pockets. You have to do your homework!

I agree about doing your homework.  But the real test is how does the price compare to what the price was when you booked.  A suite upgrade may be $800 more, but maybe at the time of booking you could have booked it, and picked your specific cabin, for $600 more.  I think it may make sense to jot down the prices for any category you might later consider an upgrade bid on so that you have it handy.  A bit of work, but my help people decide if the upgrade is worth bidding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I agree about doing your homework.  But the real test is how does the price compare to what the price was when you booked.  A suite upgrade may be $800 more, but maybe at the time of booking you could have booked it, and picked your specific cabin, for $600 more.  I think it may make sense to jot down the prices for any category you might later consider an upgrade bid on so that you have it handy.  A bit of work, but my help people decide if the upgrade is worth bidding.

Agree completely. In the case of our NCL upgrade, we booked well after final payment, so didn’t have much price history to compare all the numbers. However we did book after final payment for the expectation of price drops, which did in fact occur. 

6 hours ago, webecruzin2 said:

Thanks!

It just seems odd that ours is showing expired when the offer was just 2 days ago  and the cruise is not until early September and the concierge cat. is still showing pending but I'm not able to modify it.  

Very strange. We were able to modify all of our pending bids and inched them up several times.  You are able to do so up to 48 hours before sailing (unless the bid is accepted or rejected prior to this). 

Our Move Up offer from a Sky Suite guarantee to a Celebrity Suite on the Equinox 7/27 sailing was just accepted this morning.  I bid just a bit more than minimum of $450 for $500pp, which is still less than half of the price to book this cabin with no perks— although it's not available as the suites are showing sold out. This is great news for us because we keep all 4 perks and the additional $1200 OBC we're getting between Celebrity and my TA. It's almost better than a free upgrade because $800 of my OBC is refundable. Net/net, I'm upgrading for $200 for 2. No complaints here! 😃

• Like 5