Departure time

Sara250

10 hours ago, Sara250 said:

We changed it to the day before and should be arriving at 10 pm the night before we depart

That was a good move.  I have not had good experiences with Dallas layovers.  One time our plane arrived at Dallas one hour before my layover flight, but stayed on the tarmac for over an hour.  That caused me to miss my connection and stay the night in Dallas.  Just two weeks ago there was a storm in Dallas, which was my layover city again.  The repeated delays caused me to get home 9 hours after I was originally supposed to get home. 

I wouldn't even risk a direct flight for a cruise.  I've had a direct flight cancelled the night before the flight and it wasn't even due to weather.  I've flown enough to know that it's just a risky thing to do.  Anyway, it was a smart move to change your flight. Now you can enjoy your trip.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:19 AM, packer99 said:

Any sort of delay, you could miss the ship. I would be way to nervous to fly in the day of.

And if you miss the ship and don't have travel insurance, don't expect a refund either.

If you miss the ship and do have travel insurance, there is a good chance that you still will not get a refund.

Sorry.  I did not scroll down to the bottom of the thread.  Good decision that you changed the flight.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:57 AM, Sara250 said:

Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 12:30p and our ship is set to sail at 4:30. We need to be onboard the ship by 3. Do you think that is enough time?

Even without all the facts you did not post (i.e. port. time of year. ship) we will give you a very simple answer!  NO it is not enough time.  And now we shall explain.  Assuming you are going to a common port like Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale) or Miami...you will have plenty of time.....assuming your flight arrives on time.  But the airlines are not very reliable when anything goes wrong (anywhere in their system).  With the airlines a simple software glitch can stop all their flights!  Bad weather (nearly anywhere in the country) can have a domino effect and cause major delays and cancelations.   And then there is other important issue called "your luggage."  If you check luggage it will likely arrive with you...but can also get delayed or even mis-routed (this is now pretty rare).  But if your luggage missed the flight it will not have time to catch-up before your cruise.  In fact, with your situation if you have checked luggage and your flight is even an hour late (not uncommon) you might be out of luck.  Depending where you are sitting on a plane it can take 15 minutes to simply get out of the aircraft.  Then you may have to wait 45 min for your luggage.   And then you still have to get to the port.  Do the math.  Maybe yes, maybe no.   Not a way we want to start a vacation.

Bottom line is that it is YOUR cruise vacation and you are paying for the fun.  Do yourself a big favor and always try to fly-in at least 1 day early.  It takes away a lot of anxiety of worrying about delayed flights or luggage, and you can relax in a hotel with a nice dinner the evening before your cruise.  Then on the cruise day you wake up,  enjoy breakfast, and head to the port on your own schedule...all relaxed, rested and ready to go!

Hank