Mahjongg on World cruise

LynnTTT

Going on the world cruise in 2020.  Lots of sea days combined with mostly Europeans .  Makes me worry about not having enough to do.  On Transatlantic cruises we have been able to play card games and other games in an unused dining room or card room. Does anyone know if Costa provides any mahjongg sets or if there is a dedicated place to play or if there are enough English speakers to play any game?  (Starting to panic about days at sea 🙂

I haven't even seen any comments about the past world cruises on Cruise Critic.  Anyone go on a World Cruise with Costa?

Hi Lynn,

Our world cruise was twenty years ago but then we played Bridge & Rummy as well as Dominos this was normal practice then a get together for games every sea day the English host ran the games & we used little flip suits to bid & name suits.

Mahjong is one of my daily pleasures ( Microsoft Solitaire & Mahjong daily challenges) there are several games you can download & play without the internet by looking on Pogo, a games site,  Mahjong Journey was just under a tenner & took two months to complete. worth looking at for all types of games.

Have a look on Pogo then decide if that would work for you, not seen any mention of card get together on our latest cruises but that may be because the are normally in port most days.

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure that on a world cruise you will have enough interest for mahjongg.  You may have to bring your own game with you....and if no one on your CC sailing plays...once on board .just ask the cruise director to place a message in the daily asking for interested players to met at a certain time at a certain place.  They will do that for you😉