Restaurant Reservations

Marguerite-a-Ville

We have a Penthouse Veranda booked for a May Empires of the Mediterranean cruise. As our dinner reservations became available today, I stayed up until midnight to book them.

I tried to book Manfredi’s for dinner on day 3 of our cruise. Every time slot was taken between 6 and 8. So I tried all the other nights (except 1, where we were having dinner on our excursion), same time slots, and there were no availabilities.

is this normal, or could there have been a glitch in the system? What good is being able to make 2 reservations at each specialty restaurant if you can’t make a single reservation at a decent time?

Slightly off topic and a point that has been made elsewhere several times, but I'll repeat it here, to hopefully lower your anxiety.

We boarded our sold out (or very nearly so) Into the Midnight Sun with not a single reservation and yet ate exactly when and where we wanted without even a whiff of inconvenience or wait, including the full rotation of Chef's Table menus.

Certainly the fact that our routine was to have a pre-dinner drink - thus avoiding the considerable dinner-is-at-6PM-on-the-dot-or-die crowd - contributed to it, but I think the scarcity of tables is, perhaps intentionally, overstated. 

Thank you, Orangegurl and LunaSeaRetreat...that worked!  How nuts is it that you get a message saying that the reservation cannot be made, but then you can make it!!  Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Thanks cmaasfamily...we have 8 more traveling companions who won't be able to make their dining arrangements until next week, so hopefully we will be able to get into the restaurants at the same time.

2 hours ago, Marguerite-a-Ville said:

Thank you, Orangegurl and LunaSeaRetreat...that worked!  How nuts is it that you get a message saying that the reservation cannot be made, but then you can make it!!  Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Thanks cmaasfamily...we have 8 more traveling companions who won't be able to make their dining arrangements until next week, so hopefully we will be able to get into the restaurants at the same time.

Okay, two ways to handle this:

1. Once everyone on in the group is able to make reservations, write to TellUs@vikingcruises.com. Explain that you are a group of 10 and would like some help coordinating  reservations in the specialty restaurants for the group. Because most of your party are in DV cabins, you will limited to one advanced reservation in each restaurant. Include the booking numbers for each cabin and what night and time you would like to be seated.

2. Wait until you board to straighten things out with Maitre d in each restaurant.

Personally, I would start with option one.

Since you are a group of 10, and if you are planning on eating together in The Restaurant on the nights you are not in the specialty restaurants,  you should be able to make a standing reservation for The Restaurant (MDR). This way, they will save one of the two tables that is large enough to seat you all.

• Like 1