Who’s booked for 2019 Season?

Got2Cruise

Crystal ravel  R/T Vienna Nov 24

We sailed on Crystal Debussy last summer (BSL-AMS) and it was fantastic - pre low water levels.  It really was perfect in every way, so we decided to go again.  We had been to Vienna in the winter a few years ago and thought it is a great time to be there.  I had been to a few Xmas markets in Germany (while there for business) .  While cold, it was fun

4 hours ago, badtwin said:

DH and I booked our first river cruise yesterday. Viking Grand European, Amsterdam to Budapest September 29.  

I was looking at the roll calls and was confused - seemed like all the same cruise were on a single thread, regardless of departure.  This does not seem efficient.  Am I missing something?

Folks tried posting individual date roll calls but because the few amount of pax and then the percentage of those who are active on CC there were very few active boards. So, folks decided to chat amongst themselves to share specific information about that particular brand. 

38 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

Folks tried posting individual date roll calls but because the few amount of pax and then the percentage of those who are active on CC there were very few active boards. So, folks decided to chat amongst themselves to share specific information about that particular brand. 

There are threads by line, but also by route, because a lot of information is common whatever line you are on.

We're headed to Amsterdam April 19 for Uniworld's Castles along the Rhine. We upgraded to a suite with a butler. Oh my! This is our first river cruise and my boyfriend's first trip to Europe. Beyond excited! I'm dying to know what our suite looks like!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rrebeck said:

We're headed to Amsterdam April 19 for Uniworld's Castles along the Rhine. We upgraded to a suite with a butler. Oh my! This is our first river cruise and my boyfriend's first trip to Europe. Beyond excited! I'm dying to know what our suite looks like!

Have a great time! The afternoon hors d'oeuvres are such a treat. And, daily laundry, if needed. Do you know your cabin #? You may be able to google and see what it looks like. There are pics of some of the suites on Uniworld's website.

Robin

3 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Wowza! That’s an amazing itinerary. Love it that it visits places most Ocean liners don’t go to. I have a VO Cruise on my bucket list but I usually plan my vacations 6-8 months out and they’re always booked solid. Maybe I should start looking for next year now 😀

2 hours ago, caripoo said:

Crystal Rhine in October....with 8 days prior in Switzerland

Another bucket list item. I’ve done the Rhine but not on Crystal. And I must visit the Swiss Alps. I was actually going to book it this year but somehow it turned into Portugal. lol 

2 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

Wowza! That’s an amazing itinerary. Love it that it visits places most Ocean liners don’t go to. I have a VO Cruise on my bucket list but I usually plan my vacations 6-8 months out and they’re always booked solid. Maybe I should start looking for next year now 😀

This is a re-positioning cruise so it's only offered once in the spring. We booked soon after it opened and got a DV2 for the price of a DV6. Brand new ship too.:classic_biggrin:  You'll need to keep your eyes open for when it is scheduled for the 2020 season.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, acwmom said:

Have a great time! The afternoon hors d'oeuvres are such a treat. And, daily laundry, if needed. Do you know your cabin #? You may be able to google and see what it looks like. There are pics of some of the suites on Uniworld's website.

Robin

Hi Robin! Thank you! We're so stoked! Regarding the suite, I've spent literally weeks googling and researching our suite (402). I came across one review here on CC of Suite 402, great review, they loved their suite but no pics. Uniworld actually sent me a photo of the suite, but I don't trust it, lol. There's literally no where else that particular photo is found except on their website. I guess it doesn't matter! I'm excited anyway! I'm sure it'll be spectacular. We've booked the optional vinegar cooking class with Chef Matthias in Germany after the vinegar estate tour. I'm looking forward to those hors d'oeuvres!

21 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

Another bucket list item. I’ve done the Rhine but not on Crystal. And I must visit the Swiss Alps. I was actually going to book it this year but somehow it turned into Portugal. lol 

We did VRC's Paris to the Swiss Alps last year. It was great! The Switzerland extension is a must do. Wine tasting above Lake Geneva, Zermatt and The Matterhorn, and the First Class trip across Switzerland aboard the Glacier Express. Definitely a bucket list experience. 

IMG_4638.jpg

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rrebeck said:

Hi Robin! Thank you! We're so stoked! Regarding the suite, I've spent literally weeks googling and researching our suite (402). I came across one review here on CC of Suite 402, great review, they loved their suite but no pics. Uniworld actually sent me a photo of the suite, but I don't trust it, lol. There's literally no where else that particular photo is found except on their website. I guess it doesn't matter! I'm excited anyway! I'm sure it'll be spectacular. We've booked the optional vinegar cooking class with Chef Matthias in Germany after the vinegar estate tour. I'm looking forward to those hors d'oeuvres!

SS Antoinette is beautiful. We had just a regular room and loved it, so with your suite, you will hopefully enjoy it even more than we did.

On 3/7/2019 at 4:29 PM, Got2Cruise said:

The 2019 River Cruise Season will be beginning soon! Who’s booked? Which itinerary and cruise line?

I’m looking forward to our Lisbon to Porto Cruise tour on Uniworld in July. 

Off to tip-toe through tulips AMAKristina April 8 from Amsterdam.  Second time of AMA. LOVE LOVE

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

Welcome to cruising! We choose the lower level also. On Cruise Critic we lovingly refer to it as Aquarium Class😀. We actually did try a balcony once and for us it was a waste of good money. The open decks on the River Cruise are lovely and inviting. So is the indoor panoramic lounge. We only use our cabin for sleeping and getting ready for meals. Can’t wait to hear about your Evergreen Cruise. 

Aquarium Class, nice...stealing 🙂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jpalbny said:

SS Antoinette is beautiful. We had just a regular room and loved it, so with your suite, you will hopefully enjoy it even more than we did.

Great to hear! The ship looks gorgeous!

We leave July 20th for our very first river cruise...Budapest to Prague (12 day itinerary).  We're traveling with Gate 1.  There's so little information out there, but what we HAVE found has been extremely positive!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pcvtmom said:

We leave July 20th for our very first river cruise...Budapest to Prague (12 day itinerary).  We're traveling with Gate 1.  There's so little information out there, but what we HAVE found has been extremely positive!

Your itinerary is wonderful. You’ll have a marvelous time. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:08 AM, djett said:

Doing the Nile with Uniworld in January this year was fantastic. You'll love it.

Good to know... that is what we are seriously considering for next year --> thinking of doing it in February.

Fran

Hi All--

Have booked Avalon Vista sailing 11/30/19, for husband and myself. Embarkation in Basel with cruise ending in Amsterdam.  Cant wait to see the Christmas Markets, and then 3 days post cruise stay in Paris (high speed rail from Amsterdam) and then on to London ( high speed rail) for 3 more nights.

Anyone else booked/planning on this sailing? Also, does anyone know the name of the cruise port Avalon leaves from in Basel? We are flying into Zurich on 11/29 and spending the night before at the Radisson Blu.

Kathy

Edited by curly_sue4

2 hours ago, curly_sue4 said:

Hi All--

Have booked Avalon Vista sailing 11/30/19, for husband and myself. Embarkation in Basel with cruise ending in Amsterdam.  Cant wait to see the Christmas Markets, and then 3 days post cruise stay in Paris (high speed rail from Amsterdam) and then on to London ( high speed rail) for 3 more nights.

The last few times we were in London we took the London Walks tours. I highly recommend them.

39 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

The last few times we were in London we took the London Walks tours. I highly recommend them.

I will be in London for 5 days at the end of a Norwegian Fjords cruise, and am planning on quite a number of their walks. I’m anxiously awaiting their summer calendar to confirm what I want to do. I haven’t been to London in over 20 years, but I remember doing walks with them on that trip. 

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

I will be in London for 5 days at the end of a Norwegian Fjords cruise, and am planning on quite a number of their walks. I’m anxiously awaiting their summer calendar to confirm what I want to do. I haven’t been to London in over 20 years, but I remember doing walks with them on that trip. 

Last September we took the Salisbury and Stonehenge walk. Two bucket list items in a day. The guide was excellent. He also does the Cambridge day trip which I hear rave reviews about.

We also did the Changing of the Guard walk. Much different then just standing in front of the palace. The guide has it timed so you see pieces of three different guard units coming from the barracks from different vantage points in St James Park. You end up at the Horse Guards to see them changing from a unique vantage point. Real up close. This was a pleasant surprise.

30 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Last September we took the Salisbury and Stonehenge walk. Two bucket list items in a day. The guide was excellent. He also does the Cambridge day trip which I hear rave reviews about.

We also did the Changing of the Guard walk. Much different then just standing in front of the palace. The guide has it timed so you see pieces of three different guard units coming from the barracks from different vantage points in St James Park. You end up at the Horse Guards to see them changing from a unique vantage point. Real up close. This was a pleasant surprise.

Not one that I plan on but it looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.