Who’s booked for 2019 Season?

Got2Cruise

10 hours ago, rzmz89 said:

We are on the AmaMagna in May on the Danube. Looking forward to it. Sailing third time with Ama

Which direction are you starting? From Budapest or the other direction? We did Danube with Ama from Budapest with an extension in Munich. We loved it. 

We've never really had cruising on our vacation  list but my parents wanted to take the  family on a Viking river cruise, and I'm a firm believer in not turning down something that should be interesting and fun. 

So we're in for a Basel-Amsterdam trip in June and are DIYing a few days in Bernese Oberland before and Amsterdam afterwards, and I'm starting to get excited about the trip 🙂

18 minutes ago, sumiandkage said:

We've never really had cruising on our vacation  list but my parents wanted to take the  family on a Viking river cruise, and I'm a firm believer in not turning down something that should be interesting and fun. 

So we're in for a Basel-Amsterdam trip in June and are DIYing a few days in Bernese Oberland before and Amsterdam afterwards, and I'm starting to get excited about the trip 🙂

You’re correct that your trip will be interesting and fun! Each stop. So jelly about your Bernese Oberland diy. Please post pics and give details when you return. 

On 3/15/2019 at 8:18 AM, Got2Cruise said:

Which direction are you starting? From Budapest or the other direction? We did Danube with Ama from Budapest with an extension in Munich. We loved it. 

We are leaving from Vilshofen to Budapest. We are plannng to stay in Munich for a few days. Any recommendations for things to do? We are planning to go to the BMW site and possible Salzburg for a day.

44 minutes ago, rzmz89 said:

We are leaving from Vilshofen to Budapest. We are plannng to stay in Munich for a few days. Any recommendations for things to do? We are planning to go to the BMW site and possible Salzburg for a day.

We visited Salzburg during the cruise. There is a full day excursion when you are in Linz. So much to do in Munich including various Biergartens. A trip to Schwanstein Castle is very recommended. 

57 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

We visited Salzburg during the cruise. There is a full day excursion when you are in Linz. So much to do in Munich including various Biergartens. A trip to Schwanstein Castle is very recommended. 

There is lots to do in Munich.  Many excellent museums and palaces, the Englischer Garten, the Viktualenmarkt, Dachau Concentration Camp.  The day trip to Neuschwanstein is very worthwhile, as is Salzburg for a day. 

We are booked on our first River Cruise with Viking in November this year "Grand European Tour" from Budapest to Amsterdam and really looking forward to it.  We are both in our 50's but we have previously done Holland America Ocean cruises so like the quieter cruise companies :-)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HoogieNZ said:

We are booked on our first River Cruise with Viking in November this year "Grand European Tour" from Budapest to Amsterdam and really looking forward to it.  We are both in our 50's but we have previously done Holland America Ocean cruises so like the quieter cruise companies 🙂

We started river Cruising in our 50s. We always have a great time. 

Our first ever river cruise:  Sept 26, 2019 on Crystal Bach from Basel to Amsterdam.

We're spending 4 days in Munich pre-cruise for OCTOBERFEST!!!  (can't wait!), then 3 days in Amsterdam after the cruise.

6 more months until our trip!!

On 3/7/2019 at 4:29 PM, Got2Cruise said:

The 2019 River Cruise Season will be beginning soon! Who’s booked? Which itinerary and cruise line?

I’m looking forward to our Lisbon to Porto Cruise tour on Uniworld in July. 

Bordeaux & Loire with friends on AMA in June. Anyone out there on this cruise?

Carole

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cma2008 said:

Our first ever river cruise:  Sept 26, 2019 on Crystal Bach from Basel to Amsterdam.

We're spending 4 days in Munich pre-cruise for OCTOBERFEST!!!  (can't wait!), then 3 days in Amsterdam after the cruise.

6 more months until our trip!!

So exciting! Both Munich and Amsterdam such lively cities and the Crystal Bach also. Can’t wait to hear all about it 🍻

This May, we are doing Uniworld's  Grand France, which is 7 days on the Seine on the Joie de Vivre, followed by 7 days on the Rhone on the Catherine.  We are taking Uniworld's 2 day pre cruise in Paris. 

Our 2 previous river cruises were both on Tauck, the Danube, and the Rhine - Moselle. 

Counting the days! 

Bob

• Like 2

Bob, that looks fun! We did the Rhone on SS Catherine in March 2015. Met a few couples who were coming off the first half of Grand France - at that time the first half was on an older ship. The trip on SS Catherine was great - hope you enjoy it!

We just booked this morning!  Uniworld's Castles on the Rhine Basel to Amsterdam on July 26, very excited!  I know we'll probably encounter water level issues but that's the date/ pricing that worked best for us (Hub is a teacher so can only travel July-very early August)  Any & all tips/info more than welcome!!.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, wanderingoz said:

We are booked on the Uniworld Ultimate European Journey from Bucharest on 30 Sept. 25 nights but I'm sure we won't be bored.  So looking forward to it. Our first river cruise.

I wish you luck. 25 nights is a very long time for a first river cruise. It is nothing like ocean cruising. Some people love it and some hate it. Most people recommend a shorter trip for their first river cruise.

That said, I wish you a wonderful trip.

10 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I wish you luck. 25 nights is a very long time for a first river cruise. It is nothing like ocean cruising. Some people love it and some hate it. Most people recommend a shorter trip for their first river cruise.

That said, I wish you a wonderful trip.

Thank you for your good wishes..😐

17 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Bob, that looks fun! We did the Rhone on SS Catherine in March 2015. Met a few couples who were coming off the first half of Grand France - at that time the first half was on an older ship. The trip on SS Catherine was great - hope you enjoy it!

Thanks jpalbany for your well wishes and the thumbs up about the  Catherine!

Bob