HeinBloed-Blog from NORWEGIAN SUN Jan 05 Buenos Aires, Argentina - San Antonio, Chile

HeinBloed

The blog starts: Preparations and the flight to Foz do Iguacu, Brazil - to the waterfalls. A once-in-a-lifetime project.

Five more days until embarkation on NORWEGIAN SUN in Buenos Aires, Argentina. So far, you still have to read what is happening in Iguazu and Buenos Aires.

Chapter 0A starts with the great LATAM staff who supported us: Patrica, Jessica, and Alessandro from the airport, and Nelson and Luana from GOL.

In Foz do Iguacu then by Loumar Turismo our tour guide Marlene and our driver Pele are waiting for us.

And thanks to Christoph, who was with us on QUEEN MARY 2 2017 and has actively supported me in the preparations.

Here are the first of our group: Frances, Eddie, Sigi, Rossita, and Plamen.

The adventure South America begins.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-0A.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2018/12/tagday-0a-auf-der-wegon-way-to.html

On New Year's morning, it goes on the Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls. A DREAM.

Unfortunately, it was so hot and humid that my camera brokes.

Buying a new camera on New Year's Day is not easy in a Catholic country.

Marlene and Pele from Loumar Turismo do a great job.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-0B.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2018/12/tagday-0b-auf-der-wegon-way-to.html

To see the beautiful Argentinian side, we visit the Brazilian side.

Loumar Tourismo organized it all great: Thanks to Marlene, Gessani, Pele, and Leon.

We continue from Puerto Iguazu on the Argentine side to Buenos Aires.

Marina and Mauricio of BSAS4U and Daytours4U are waiting for us here. They remained for us despite a two-hour delay.

At the Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero everything is super prepared: Thanks to Gabriela and Camila.

It's too late for big business ventures. So it remains at a glance with another fellow traveler: Christian.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-0C.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2018/12/tagday-0c-auf-der-wegon-way-to.html

Now my group is together: Birgit, Martina, and Ekkehard.

Today we have Marcello as a driver. But that does not impact the grand tour and the great city that BSAS4U / Daytours4U organized for us.

Just right for us: food, choice of attractions everything was right. Incl. "Do not cry for me Argentina!".

Today we can thank Ignacio from the Holiday Inn Express for organizing everything in advance.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-0D.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2018/12/tagday-0d-auf-der-wegon-way-to.html

A test, as it looks around the cruise terminal, is unfortunately very sobering: The cruise ships dock in the middle of the industrial port: no chance to photograph STAR PRINCESS.

But a reunion with Mafalda, we already met in Oviedo, Spain during the VENTURA 2018 trip.

For us an opportunity to hand over to Rommel and Edimar from BSAS4U / Daytours4U for the work of Marina and Mauricio.

Today it's "out into the countryside": to Tigre. A round trip in the river Tigre Delta.

In the evening we go to a restaurant for locals in La Boca. Great ambiance and great food.

And compulsory in Buenos Aires: a visit to a tango theater at Piazzolla.

The next day we finally return to NORWEGIAN SUN.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-0E.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2018/12/tagday-0e-auf-der-wegon-way-to.html

In the early morning, I see MY NORWEGIAN SUN coming in. Unfortunately, too dark to see Captain Kim, who supports me a lot.

Later, the COSTA FASCINOSA and AZAMARA PURSUIT come in.

Everything was super organized, so we just come on board: the transfer took place punctually and reliably thanks to BSAS4U / Daytours4U.

We were already expected at the check-in and checked in together: regardless of status. That was the biggest worry for me.

Many thanks to Klaus Lugmeier in Miami, Captain Kim, Hotel Director Igor, his deputy Dieter, who made all this possible. Before that, I really had concerns.

But even without them, I would have done well, because an old friend is already waiting for us in the cruise terminal: Concierge Carlos.

On board, everything is well prepared: luggage is stored.

They have already prepared lunch for us: thanks to Mihaela, Wilson, and Sunny.

Unfortunately, there are only Starbucks in paper cups and no longer Lavazza in porcelain cups. But Avishek makes me laugh.

And new at NCL: classical music with the Atlantis strings with Reka, Matyas, and Abel. Really good.

In the evening everything is super prepared for us: we have our peace in the "extension" and an excellent service thanks to Rodalyn, Eugenia, Naili and Muhammad. Revi has already

prepared her friends Rodalyn and Tommy from NORWEGIAN SKY. They do everything to make it hard for me to say goodbye to NCL: and they succeed.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-01.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/tagday-1-auf-deron-norwegian-sun-in.html

Day 2 on the NORWEGIAN SUN starts with a dreamlike sunrise before we reach Montevideo.

Again, Captain Kim lets me wait! In time I can already order our table for jazz brunch at Aimée. But then he comes, and I'm glad that I can say goodbye to him personally before the secretary of hotel director Igor Sherna, move him from the showcase.

On board, there is a reunion with Captain Mikael Hilden of a particular kind.

The excursion in Montevideo ends with a fiasco:

Our tour ends after 2:40 hours instead of 4:00 hours.
Our guide is more of a live audio guide who knows only the language skills of an audio guide and can not answer any questions.
Montevideo is very dull compared to Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Montevideo is as expensive as Zurich, Switzerland.

I'm definitely glad when we left, and luckily we're going to Puerto Chacabuco in Chile instead of the second port of call in Uruguay.

We should have insisted that Marina of Buenos Aires come to Montevideo to show us everything.

Luckily tomorrow is a day at sea: finally.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-02.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/tagday-2-auf-deron-norwegian-sun-in.html

Finally, we have a day at sea on NORWEGIAN SUN between Montevideo, Uruguay and Puerto Madryn, Argentina.

We manage very quickly to find new friends with the crew. We mostly hang out in the Atrium Café, and here Ting Ting Lin, Gladies Tambunan and David Casanova impressed us, so we are always here around.

Also, our cabin steward Jayesh Nundlall is exceptional.

After that it gets stressful! First, the Meet & Greet of cruisecritic.com. Here we meet Group Service Coordinator Julia Borodkina, F & B Director Christian Oprea, Beverage Manager Ferdinand Pascual, Executive Housekeeper Angel Reid, Guest Service Manager Claudia Condurachi, Cruise Director Adriano Collina and Future Cruise Consultant Isabela Apolloni *****. A little later, I personally meet Captain Teo Grbic and Chief Engineer Plamen Belyovski on the Captain's VIP cocktail reception.

In the evening, we go to Le Bistro! "Un-Deux-Trois" is back! Not only great food, especially the mussels in Pernod sauce but also an excellent service thanks to Bernita Calixte, I Komang Sumerta and Assistant Maître D 'Donald Murray.

I love sea days. It can go on like this. On to Puerto Madryn to the sea lions!

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-03.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/seetagday-at-sea-3-auf-deron-norwegian.html

Day 4 of our trip on NORWEGIAN SUN takes us to Puerto Madryn in Argentina.

In the morning it starts again with a beautiful twilight. Enjoying it around the Great Outdoors at the aft of the ship. I watch the crew setting everything up every morning. The joy of the beautiful dusk they share with me and they were my models: thanks to Ana Meija, Man Zhao, Venus Tan, and Albert Antonio.

Puerto Madryn is a positive surprise: my expectations were meager.

First of all, it is noticeable that it is just cold and uncomfortable: even Hotel Director Igor and his team stand on the pier in thick winter jackets and bobble hats. Actually, I do not expect that Ekkehard to go with us again, but here still the crew ensures that he can leave the ship without any problems - no matter how tight and steep everything is.

But Cynthia and Bélen from Agencia All Peninsula Valdes have done a great job: waiting for us right in front of the ship with a great guide Juan Carlos and driver Alberto.

We were going to Punta Loma. Here a sea lion baby on the parking lot awaits us directly. Unfortunately separated from the colony and protected by the Rangers because it is injured.

Since Juan Carlos has Indian roots, we also learn a lot about the indigenous people of Patagonia.

Because we enjoyed the tour so much, we invite our tour guide and driver for lunch: they show us in a non-touristic steakhouse Matilde, how to order here and share everything.

Puerto Madryn is the place of reunions: Safety Officer Joe Essen we know from NORWEGIAN JADE and last saw him in the Adriatic Sea in 2014 and in 2015 Sarmita "Sammy" Auguste was our cabin stewardess on NORWEGIAN ESCAPE.

Also, I finally got lucky at the reception of NORWEGIAN SUN: Helen Inojales with her colleagues Renata Chan and Luis Deschamps can finally change 100 USD because the service on board is excellent and therefore we can tip very generously.

On board, we enjoy the music played by Réka, Matyas, and Ábel of Atlantis Strings: The Canon of Pachelbel and the Air of Bach. After a long time, I repurchase a CD because I want to take these memories home with me.

Tonight we go to La Cucina to dine, but even if we do not go to the main Four Seasons restaurant, Rodalyn thinks of us.

In La Cucina we have bad luck and luck, heaven and hell: bad luck, because there is a new menu, luck because we have a very nice waitress: Vergenia Odtuhan. The mussels taste not so heavenly here as up in Le Bistro. And sometimes things do not go that well. But problems are there to solve them immediately. And so Maître D' Wilson gets everything right again.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-04.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/tagday-4-auf-deron-norwegian-sun-in.html

Day 4 of our trip on NORWEGIAN SUN takes us to Puerto Madryn in Argentina.

In the morning it starts again with a beautiful twilight. Enjoying it around the Great Outdoors at the aft of the ship. I watch the crew setting everything up every morning. The joy of the beautiful dusk they share with me and they were my models: thanks to Ana Meija, Man Zhao, Venus Tan, and Albert Antonio.

Puerto Madryn is a positive surprise: my expectations were meager.

First of all, it is noticeable that it is just cold and uncomfortable: even Hotel Director Igor and his team stand on the pier in thick winter jackets and bobble hats. Actually, I do not expect that Ekkehard to go with us again, but here still the crew ensures that he can leave the ship without any problems - no matter how tight and steep everything is.

But Cynthia and Bélen from Agencia All Peninsula Valdes have done a great job: waiting for us right in front of the ship with a great guide Juan Carlos and driver Alberto.

We were going to Punta Loma. Here a sea lion baby on the parking lot awaits us directly. Unfortunately separated from the colony and protected by the Rangers because it is injured.

Since Juan Carlos has Indian roots, we also learn a lot about the indigenous people of Patagonia.

Because we enjoyed the tour so much, we invite our tour guide and driver for lunch: they show us in a non-touristic steakhouse Matilde, how to order here and share everything.

Puerto Madryn is the place of reunions: Safety Officer Joe Essen we know from NORWEGIAN JADE and last saw him in the Adriatic Sea in 2014 and in 2015 Sarmita "Sammy" Auguste was our cabin stewardess on NORWEGIAN ESCAPE.

Also, I finally got lucky at the reception of NORWEGIAN SUN: Helen Inojales with her colleagues Renata Chan and Luis Deschamps can finally change 100 USD because the service on board is excellent and therefore we can tip very generously.

On board, we enjoy the music played by Réka, Matyas, and Ábel of Atlantis Strings: The Canon of Pachelbel and the Air of Bach. After a long time, I repurchase a CD because I want to take these memories home with me.

Tonight we go to La Cucina to dine, but even if we do not go to the main Four Seasons restaurant, Rodalyn thinks of us.

In La Cucina we have bad luck and luck, heaven and hell: bad luck, because there is a new menu, luck because we have a very nice waitress: Vergenia Odtuhan. The mussels taste not so heavenly here as up in Le Bistro. And sometimes things do not go that well. But problems are there to solve them immediately. And so Maître D' Wilson gets everything right again.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-04.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/tagday-4-auf-deron-norwegian-sun-in.html

A rough day at sea on the way between Argentina and the Falkland Islands. We get green apples with salt served to prevent worse.

We too become "groupies" of Réka, Matyas, and Ábel of Atlantis Strings and follow them everywhere.

A day at sea is always an excellent opportunity for guests to ask: the first occasion is asking Igor, Dieter, Cristian, Paulo and Angel on the subjects of hotel management and later one for German-speaking guests.

You not only get attention when you complain but also when you praise. Thanks to Rodalyn and Helen. But even without gifts, the contacts with the crew make fun, such as with Aimée.

Unfortunately, there is no Chef's Table anymore, but as a good friend of NCL, I get a pleasant surprise for dinner: Many thanks to Igor, Dieter, Wilson, Paulo, Rodalyn, Edgar, Leo, and Ferdinand.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-05.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/seetagday-at-sea-5-auf-deron-norwegian.html

Day 6 of our trip on NORWEGIAN SUN takes us to Stanley, Falkland Islands. It was not very inviting. The weather forecasts do not sound right.

How am I looking forward to having high-speed internet. Finally, uploading pictures. And when finally a mobile signal is available: there is no mobile internet for roaming customers. And on land, there is only paid Wi-Fi, but no high-speed Internet.

So we have to concentrate on what we are here: to see penguins: specifically Gentoo penguins on Bertha's Beach.

Super organized by Martha von Penguin Travel. Wonderful led by Adele. And very well driven by Tanzi. With a lovely tea time at the end of the ride.

Thanks again to Claire at KONINGSDAM 2016: she showed the pictures to Sigi, and that's why we are here today in the Falkland Islands. We are lucky because STAR PRINCESS was unable to anchor the day before.

On board, everything was done so that we could enjoy this trip: Iulia and Sherna support us, so we can quickly get off the ship.

Dave makes Bruno happy with European cappuccino.

A big surprise awaits me on board: someone far away in the Philippines sees me posting pictures of NORWEGIAN SUN. I saw her last time on NORWEGIAN SPIRIT 2013: Elsa. And now your husband Alfred greets me from her. I am pleased about it.

Rodalyn means it too good to us again: now we have to walk even more so that we can train everything off again.

The evening ends in the Spinnaker Lounge: Atlantis Strings (Réka, Matyas, and Ábel). Every step on board is followed by Igor and Dieter, who make sure I'm fine.

A day at sea to Cape Horn follows on day 7.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-06.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/tagday-6-auf-deron-norwegian-sun-in.html

Day 7 is a day at sea that takes us to Cape Horn.

First of all, for breakfast, I need cold cuts in between and enjoying a German breakfast to be okay.

After some rough seas in recent days, many were lying on the sofas in the Atrium Café. Even today, I lie there and enjoy life as Gladies serves my favorite drinks there.

With Restaurant Hostess Claudia we plan our further meals through. And at noon I am served YaoYao, while Mihaela lends a hand herself when there is a need for a woman. I Komang plays on his guitar and sings for the guests in the Garden Café. Maître D 'Cherrylyn ensures that even here in the self-service restaurant no wish remains unfulfilled.

It goes back to the questions/answers-hour with the Balkan Connection Captain Teo, chief engineer Plamen and hotel director Igor.

In the evening we have to celebrate the birthday of Rodalyn and Eugenia.

At the same time, we enjoy the Tango program of Atlantis Strings. Réka, Matyas, and Ábel. They delight the audience so much that they even receive standing ovations.

This is how every day at sea can run all the time.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-07.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/seetagday-at-sea-7-auf-deron-norwegian.html

Day 6 of our trip on NORWEGIAN SUN takes us to Stanley, Falkland Islands. It was not very inviting. The weather forecasts do not sound right.

How am I looking forward to having high-speed internet. Finally, uploading pictures. And when finally a mobile signal is available: there is no mobile internet for roaming customers. And on land, there is only paid Wi-Fi, but no high-speed Internet.

So we have to concentrate on what we are here: to see penguins: specifically Gentoo penguins on Bertha's Beach.

Super organized by Martha von Penguin Travel. Wonderful led by Adele. And very well driven by Tanzi. With a lovely tea time at the end of the ride.

Thanks again to Claire at KONINGSDAM 2016: she showed the pictures to Sigi, and that's why we are here today in the Falkland Islands. We are lucky because STAR PRINCESS was unable to anchor the day before.

On board, everything was done so that we could enjoy this trip: Iulia and Sherna support us, so we can quickly get off the ship.

Dave makes Bruno happy with European cappuccino.

A big surprise awaits me on board: someone far away in the Philippines sees me posting pictures of NORWEGIAN SUN. I saw her last time on NORWEGIAN SPIRIT 2013: Elsa. And now your husband Alfred greets me from her. I am pleased about it.

Rodalyn means it too good to us again: now we have to walk even more so that we can train everything off again.

The evening ends in the Spinnaker Lounge: Atlantis Strings (Réka, Matyas, and Ábel). Every step on board is followed by Igor and Dieter, who make sure I'm fine.

A day at sea to Cape Horn follows on day 7.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-06.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/tagday-6-auf-deron-norwegian-sun-in.html

Day 7 is a day at sea that takes us to Cape Horn.

First of all, for breakfast, I need cold cuts in between and enjoying a German breakfast to be okay.

After some rough seas in recent days, many were lying on the sofas in the Atrium Café. Even today, I lie there and enjoy life as Gladies serves my favorite drinks there.

With Restaurant Hostess Claudia we plan our further meals through. And at noon I am served YaoYao, while Mihaela lends a hand herself when there is a need for a woman. I Komang plays on his guitar and sings for the guests in the Garden Café. Maître D 'Cherrylyn ensures that even here in the self-service restaurant no wish remains unfulfilled.

It goes back to the questions/answers-hour with the Balkan Connection Captain Teo, chief engineer Plamen and hotel director Igor.

In the evening we have to celebrate the birthday of Rodalyn and Eugenia.

At the same time, we enjoy the Tango program of Atlantis Strings. Réka, Matyas, and Ábel. They delight the audience so much that they even receive standing ovations.

This is how every day at sea can run all the time.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-07.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/seetagday-at-sea-7-auf-deron-norwegian.html

Day 8 of our journey on the NORWEGIAN SUN takes us to the most Southern city in the world: Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego - Land of Fire. Last stop in Argentina.

Unfortunately, it was a far too short stay. Our guide Romina and driver Nino and a much too big bus from Rumbo Sur get the maximum out for us.

It goes into the National Park Tierra del Fuego to the End of the World: the post office at the End of the World, the end of the Panamericana and a nice walk through the National Park.

Back by the train at the End of the World.

Unfortunately, I do not manage to take more pictures of the ships EXPEDITION and VENTUS AUSTRALIS in the harbor. We get last minute on the ship, and it's so stormy that I can barely walk back along the pier.

While we drive through the Beagle Channel along the Glacier Alley in the National Park Alberto de Agostini, there is a kind of "Equatorial Christening" organized by Igor and Dieter outside.

In the evening it goes to Cagney's. Here we experience Ronny's excellent service and a wonderful meal.

I look forward to tomorrow in Punta Arenas, Chile when we have a long day ashore again.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-08.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/tagday-8-auf-deron-norwegian-sun-in.html

I look forward to Day 9 on NORWEGIAN SUN in Punta Arenas, Chile.

Finally a shore trip with a later return. You can go shopping without stress. Finally, I can get to a pharmacy and get my supply. Eventually, buy a Chilean SIM card and use fast internet.

Above all, I am looking forward to the trip that Alejandro Barrientos Muñoz from GeoMagallanes has prepared for us: with two guides to enable two speeds on the way.

Unfortunately, the wind does not allow us: sadly it was not possible to keep the ship fixed at the pier so that we can safely stay at the dock all day long.

On board, after an excellent breakfast with Rachelle Paguyo, Solomeo Pinar, and Assistant Maître D 'Courtland Thomas we will have an additional performance with Réka, Matyas, and Ábel from Atlantis Strings.

The same evening we go dining with them after their last performance in Los Lobos: We are lucky! NCL's best Mexican chef is on board: Victor Gomez. It is an excellent evening with great food with Deborah Joseph who has prepared us a beautiful table and Binu Sebastian who prepares fresh guacamole at the table.

The service of I Komang and Donovan is again top notch like last in Le Bistro. Incidentally, there is the tastiest chocolate cake made from Mexican chocolate here.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-09.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/tagday-9-auf-deron-norwegian-sun-in.html

The day at sea 10 on NORWEGIAN SUN goes through the Strait of Magellan. Pretty wet, pretty cold, pretty windy.

Morning as usual great breakfast with Donovan Dawkins and Fin Antony.

Otherwise, a nice cocktail party with Future Cruise Consultant Isabella. It's a pleasure with her, and NORWEGIAN JADE 2020 is booked.

Last but not least: The dinner with officers: with shop manager Christa Emmanuel and Hotel Director Igor.

Tomorrow is another day at sea. That's why you can calmly join karaoke with Simbarashe Mambume in the evening and make a fool of yourself.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-10.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/seetagday-at-sea-10-auf-deron-norwegian.html

The day at sea 11 takes us through the Chilean Fjords. Again, Mary has everything prepared so that you can see everything from the inside relaxed, without leaving the lounges. It's wet, cold and windy outside again. But once the sun is out, you have to get out to enjoy the beauty of nature.

Cherrylyn, Vergenia, YaoYao and Leon Dhunca are back for my perfect breakfast.

I use the time on board to get pictures for my job applications. Only at home, I realize, what great work I got for little money. So in retrospect, I have to thank Ferdinand Ocampo and Maureen for the great shots.

Even today it is time to enjoy classical music with Réka, Matyas, and Ábel, as long as it is still possible.

For dinner, we return to the Four Seasons. The team around Rodalyn and Eugenia are doing a great job. It will soon be home for her. For Sherna too, who checks if everything is going well.

And finally a few words with cruise director Guido changed.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-11.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/seetagday-at-sea-11-auf-deron-norwegian.html

Day 12 of our South American journey on NORWEGIAN SUN takes us to the Norwegian fjords!

When I wake up in the morning and go to the promenade deck, I could not shut my mouth! We must make it get from Chile to Norway during the night. Or did Captain Teo even make it to Lake Lucerne, Switzerland?

Puerto Chacabuco first sounds like a place somewhere in nowhere, where it is hardly worth getting out. But who likes nature, will be surprised how beautiful it is here. And unfortunately, how little time we have to discover everything here.

Karla Morales Sandoval of Excursiones Mate Che and her tour guide Marion and driver Juan Carlos take us along the road to Coyhaique. Unfortunately, a road traffic light (not 90 seconds, as in Germany) and a road blockade by miners occur that we do not quite reach our destination.

But now we know Chilean hospitality. They served Hungarian Langos (Chilean style) with homemade Calemate jam. It is said that who eats Calemate, will undoubtedly come back. I'm not a big fan of jams, but for safety's sake, I eat plenty of it.

Besides, they allowed our Hungarian friends Réka, Matyas, and Ábel to come with us to give a performance on the same evening in the Bliss Lounge.

Rodalyn took care of the timely departure of the ship: we did not have to go to the buffet, but the buffet came to us.

In the evening we will again experience an explosion of taste, scents, and colors in Los Lobos. Victor also prepared things for us that are not on the map. And with the perfect service from I Komang, Binu and Donovan nothing could go wrong.

It got even better: the sunset, which we experience together with Igor and Dieter. A fantastic day is coming to an end.

Tomorrow we will be at the last port before the end of our trip: Puerto Montt.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-12.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/tagday-12-auf-deron-norwegian-sun-in.html

Day 13 of our voyage on NORWEGIAN SUN takes us to the last harbor in Puerto Montt, Chile before we reach our destination San Antonio, Chile and fly home.

Again a gorgeous sunrise in Puerto Montt.

Denis Purtov from Puerto Montt Excursiones sends us a vehicle, guide Carlos and driver Jorge, who show us at first some of Puerto Montt attractions, before we head the Lago Llanquihue, to see Lamas, the volcano Osorno and a green lagoon.

Continue to the Petrohué River, where we see a lot of insects and a waterfall.

Finally, we make a brief stop in Puerto Varas, Chile.

On board, there will be a technical-nautical tutorial by Chief Engineer Plamen.

In the evening there is another appearance by Réka, Matyas, and Ábel from Atlantis Strings as well as the production show "World Beat". A good occasion, to let the crew says goodbye to us, although we are still two more days on board. Among those who have already set up for their march into the theater, I discover many familiar faces: Edgar, Ferdinand, Cristian, Mihaela, Dieter, Iulia, Sherna and Sarmita.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-13.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/tagday-13-auf-deron-norwegian-sun-in.html

Day 14 on the NORWEGIAN SUN is the last day at sea before a beautiful voyage comes to an end.

Today is a lovely day: laze in the sun or run on the most beautiful jogging track in the world?

Already during the sunrise, I enjoy the attentive service by Ralph Lauren Cabral: I should stay outside while he waits for my waffle. Rodalyn and Cherrylyn do an excellent job. I Komang sings for farewell again today, while I get a kiss from Mihaela.

And finally a picture with Chef Paulo.

A surprise awaits me in the morning: Nali has arranged an Indonesian breakfast for me. We recognize Louis Basili, whom we have already seen on another ship. And always with a friendly smile for us: I Gede Jaya Parwata.

At lunchtime I look forward to seeing Bernita and Donovan having lunch again: the Jazz Brunch is back!

Time to thank Guest Service Manager Claudia Condurachi again for the high performance of her team.

After getting the last Clamato from the other bars for me, the team around TingTing, Gladies, and Dave still are busy to spice up a regular tomato juice so that I have an equal replacement.

Unfortunately, this also meant saying goodbye to Rodalyn and Eugenia and their team at the Four Seasons main restaurant.

Of course, the last ones we say goodbye to are Réka, Matyas, and Ábel from Atlantis Strings.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-14.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/seetagday-at-sea-14-auf-deron-norwegian.html

Unfortunately, even the most beautiful journey comes to an end: in this case the trip from Buenos Aires, Argentina to San Antonio, Chile on NORWEGIAN SUN.

Too bad we do not arrive in Valparaiso: UNESCO World Heritage. Juan Victor Reyes arranged the transports for us: a direct transfer to the airport. For the transfer with stops in Santiago de Chile he even got a luggage tag, so that we can sit very relaxed in the vehicle.

After Patagonia, a big city like Santiago de Chile is a difference between day and night.

The return flights are on time, but also very chaotic thanks to LATAM.

In Germany, we see a frozen lake and snow in the fields.

On board, we see the last of the crew F & B Manager Cristian Oprera, Assistant Maître D 'Dejan Elakovic, Concierge Carlos, I Komang, and Ferdinand. The others are on their way home or already in other positions. Unfortunately, we can not say goodbye to Igor, to thank you for everything.

In the end, it also says goodbye to Birgitt, Christian, Martina, Frances, Eddie, Rossita, Ekkehard, Plamen and Sigi. An exciting journey comes to an end.

NCL-SUN-Collage-2019-15.jpg

https://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2019/01/tagday-15-auf-deron-norwegian-sun-in.html