Palma De Mallorca (Valldemossa, Soller and Cathedral)

19 hours ago, Travel To Be Free said:

When taking the train back into Palma, is a cab recommended back to the ship or is it a pretty walk?   (I was trying to find a decent map, but haven't had luck yet.) 

Too Far To Walk from the station to the port (1 hour )

We will be in port August 11th  from 7 till 5 That day seems to be a holiday I was told. 

One of us cannot walk that long, so we are thinking of taking a cab  to the busstation at around 9 am, depending the schedule of the bus. From there the bus to Soller etc,  and the combination tram./train back to Palma. 

Maybe visit the cathedral and then by cab back to the ship.

How far is the busstion from the cruisedock please? 

Is it wise to do this or better the other way around, first train./tram and bus back?

Timewise I assume it is doable?

Thanks for all your information!

21 hours ago, Ine said:

We will be in port August 11th  from 7 till 5 That day seems to be a holiday I was told. 

One of us cannot walk that long, so we are thinking of taking a cab  to the busstation at around 9 am, depending the schedule of the bus. From there the bus to Soller etc,  and the combination tram./train back to Palma. 

Maybe visit the cathedral and then by cab back to the ship.

How far is the busstion from the cruisedock please? 

Is it wise to do this or better the other way around, first train./tram and bus back?

Timewise I assume it is doable?

Thanks for all your information!

The first train to Soller is at 10am, so you could get a taxi to the bus station and get the bus to Port de Soller get there around 9.30/10am then get the Tram /train back to Palma .

After you have finished at P de Soller stop in Soller for a coffee and look round the Church get the train back to Palma  ,you will have plenty of time . 

3 minutes ago, roger b said:

The first train to Soller is at 10am, so you could get a taxi to the bus station and get the bus to Port de Soller get there around 9.30/10am then get the Tram /train back to Palma .

After you have finished at P de Soller stop in Soller for a coffee and look round the Church get the train back to Palma  ,you will have plenty of time . 

Thanks , we will do it that way.

Roger...  Since I think we're going to go to Valldemossa, to Port de Soller, tram back to Soller and then try to catch the 2pm train back to Palma.  So as we're not getting a round-trip train ticket in the morning, what are the chances of getting a ticket to get on the 2pm train?

5 hours ago, Travel To Be Free said:

Roger...  Since I think we're going to go to Valldemossa, to Port de Soller, tram back to Soller and then try to catch the 2pm train back to Palma.  So as we're not getting a round-trip train ticket in the morning, what are the chances of getting a ticket to get on the 2pm train?

You will have no problem getting the train back,go to the tram station when you first arrive in Port d Soller you cannot miss it it is on the sea front by the harbor ( see google maps )

We cannot get TRAIN tickets at the tram station, correct?     It’s my understanding we have to  wait until we get to the train station in Soller  and that the ticket counter doesn’t open until about 15 minutes before the train leaves.     Is this correct?    

5 hours ago, Travel To Be Free said:

We cannot get TRAIN tickets at the tram station, correct?     It’s my understanding we have to  wait until we get to the train station in Soller  and that the ticket counter doesn’t open until about 15 minutes before the train leaves.     Is this correct?    

I am not sure now about this as I have always traveled the other way round and have bought the combined ticket in Palma which included the tram .

If I am wrong you can buy a ticket on the tram and then get another ticket in Soller back to Palma .You will have no difficulty as the 2 pm train is never crowded

6 hours ago, Travel To Be Free said:

Do you know what an average taxi fare from the train station in Palma back to the port should be?

Around 10/12 euros make sure they put the meter on or ask how much to the plaza espaya