New York in Spring???

marc_b2001

I am thinking of getting a depature from New York City (never tried it) for March break 2020 to the Bahamas. I am afraid of what the weather will be like the first week of March, what is your experience leaving New York in the Spring? We are afraid we will not enjoy the first sea day going down and the last coming back because of the cold??? Any feedback would help....

Thanks

1 hour ago, Noxequifans said:

March can be cold and best to anticipate it ,,, not to mention the possibilities of snow. 

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You cannot really predict March weather. We had a blizzard in 1947 and temperatures in the 80's in 1998.

This week we have had temperatures in the teens to the 30's.

I guess that's why the price is low, the possibity of cold weather leaving and returning to New York. We still can enjoy everything that's indoors! NCL website is showing a price of $3233usd for a family of 4, balcony, gratuities and drink packages, what do you think?

I am sailing out of Manhattan next month and will be keeping an eye on the weather.  I am so hoping April 9th/10th will be at least springtime weather...….maybe even sunny.:classic_smile:   I know the Northeast has been FREEZING lately:classic_wacko:

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I am sailing out of Manhattan next month and will be keeping an eye on the weather.  I am so hoping April 9th/10th will be at least springtime weather...….maybe even sunny.:classic_smile:   I know the Northeast has been FREEZING lately:classic_wacko:

Every day this coming week temperatures in NYC will be anywhere from 42-63.

The daytime weather in the city on April 9/10 should be in the 50's or higher.However,there can be a lot of rain.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Every day this coming week temperatures in NYC will be anywhere from 42-63.

The daytime weather in the city on April 9/10 should be in the 50's or higher.However,there can be a lot of rain.

I will be looking at the weather closely a few days prior to my flying up.  Then I can pack accordingly.

Thanks for the reply!:classic_smile:

Gotta echo others here. March is not spring in NY. It can be quite cold and snow is not uncommon. Bear in mind that cruising out of NYC in cold weather means you cannot enjoy the outside parts of the ship the first day and last days (and maybe more, depending on the weather). If the ship you choose has lots of outer areas that require warm weather, for instance, no retractable roof for over the pool, you will miss out on those cold days. Our one trip sailing out of NYC in cold weather we found the ship very crowded on those days as the ship wasn't designed to have all the passengers restricted to only the inside areas.