Cruise Critic Community
jbethel11

Oceanview Gaurantee? Disney Edition

I have never been to the Disney section, and feel I am in a luxury hotel, and I must act haughty. Just kidding, it is just that Disney is way more expensive than other cruise lines. Furthermore, I found an Oceanview Guarantee for 4 people in August with 2 Stops in Castaway Cay for LESS THAN $3000! WOAH! Never thought I would type that! Anyway, what are the chances of being upgraded to a Verandah Cabin? Thanks in advance! 

2 hours ago, GatorMomInNC said:

On the double dip Castaway Cay cruise they will probably be sold out, so not very good I think

Odd that that was the cheapest cruise for the highest peak season?

Not very likely.  While you'll probably get an upgrade in your category (like from 09C to 09A) that gets you a more desirable location on the ship, upgrades tend to stay within categories.

1 hour ago, LittleMissMagic said:

Not very likely.  While you'll probably get an upgrade in your category (like from 09C to 09A) that gets you a more desirable location on the ship, upgrades tend to stay within categories.

I mean, I'm not complaining, I'm on a Disney cruise for 3 days! But, with the price of that, I could go to the Southern Caribbean on a Balcony for longer ...

17 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I mean, I'm not complaining, I'm on a Disney cruise for 3 days! But, with the price of that, I could go to the Southern Caribbean on a Balcony for longer ...

Yes, DCL cruises cost more for a comparable cruise on another line, but only you can decide if it's worth it to you.

If not, there's always the other cruise line.

As to the upgrade possibility - slim.  I agree, if you get one, it will tend to just be a "better" room within the same category.