Silver Cloud Excursions

Lord Horace

I am confused with the advertising re excursions on Cloud. Am I correct in thinking that all tours have to be paid for, except when she is in Antartica when they are included in the fare? Your knowledge would be appreciated

You are incorrect. On the expedition ships like the Silver Cloud all tours are included at no extra charge. We are on the Cloud this May, from Amsterdam to Dublin. There are at least 2 or 3 tours offered each day, at different activity levels, from bus tours to hikes. The Cloud can stop in smaller ports without docks because it uses its zodiacs to get passengers to shore. Or, in at least one case, has a zodiac cruise around an island but does not land on it.

Unlike Antarctica, you can (and should) book all of the expeditions on your My Silversea website 90 days in advance. Or the ones you want may be waitlisted.

Do you know if this is the same for Arctic cruises?

I assume the majority of excursions will be by zodiac (similar to Antartica).

If not, is there a list published of the excursions offered?

Thanks 

I don't know. You'll have to ask your TA/Silversea. The only other expedition cruise we took was on the Silver Galapagos. They had a lecture every day before dinner covering the next day's activities. There were sign-up sheets for the limited space activites (eg. kayaking). You just showed up at the right time for the others. So it was more like Antarctica.

We're on the Cloud in a few weeks and I too was confused about shore excursions. Our cruise will be along western Africa, and virtually all the excursions are included in the cruise cost. Some are 10 hours or more long and involve lunch. There are a couple of excursions involving flying that do carry an extra charge. I didn't realize all this at first, and I don't think the pamphlets are clear. But that's why we have travel agents. LittleRedJohn. 

Thank you all for your inputs. I hope LittleRedJohn will give us an insight into the west coast of Africa and onboard when you do your trip in a few weeks. Also JP yours in the summer. I was considering that neck of the woods