Navigator Amplified in Photos

While @EmilyJay did a great job posting about the overall cruise experience on the March 1, 2019 nine night sailing to the ABC islands, I thought I'd focus on the ship, updates and various venues and public spaces. 

Check out EmilyJay's live trip report here:
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2639274-live-review-navigator-of-the-seas-abc-islands-1st-10th-march/

The updates have been quite extensive, more so than some of the previous 'Royal Amplified' ships.   In 2018 I sailed a few of the Voyager class ships including Adventure, Explorer, Mariner and I last sailed Navigator just before her dry dock and amplification.  Voyager class ships are sweet spot for me and after sailing the 'new' Navigator for this March 1, 2019 sailing, I've grown to really enjoy the updates. 

I’ve snapped pics of any menus I could find at various restaurants so I’ll post those too.

If you are going to reply to any comments please do not include the pictures in your reply.

Thanks.

• Like 4

First look around the new pool deck

E3iGNxo.jpg

hJOXgkt.jpg

Jfjenoq.jpg

kqWz35u.jpg

i9wgDy3.jpg

i8Vqi6E.jpg

U7asKSc.jpg

dECJBMw.jpg

0wchJDg.jpg

xUHs4D6.jpg

o3neY9Q.jpg

DhYPqMu.jpg

LolV4GG.jpg

lmpyHLe.jpg

OCJCcJw.jpg

IrKfjoz.jpg

3AVL5nv.jpg

Lime and Coconut Bar Menu:

alnKvq6.jpg

TEMZcXP.jpg

The namesake drink "Lime and Coconut".  Basically a Guava Malibu smoothie.  Yum.

RgJwnbk.jpg

Let's start looking at some of the specialty dining available.

Hooked

Let's take a look at Hooked.  This is a specialty restaurant that has an additional cover charge.  It replaces Sabor and is located on deck 4 forward across from the Schooner Bar.
Navigator is the second ship to feature Hooked.  Symphony of the Seas is the only other ship that has Hooked at the moment and Symphony is the newest ship in the fleet so for Navigator to get Hooked says a lot about just how much Navigator is like a new ship.

QcZFBva.jpg

BqwlTjL.jpg

ciCWpqS.jpg

0JJXcFY.jpg

PwpesN3.jpg

LPi9gJT.jpg

DqQHQNC.jpg

UniNjWm.jpg

Kt3UKTv.jpg

BoYrbmQ.jpg

Lunch Menu
rhFE9Y0.jpg

Dinner Menu
F1jIqyq.jpg

Drink Menu
tt9RQjp.jpg

On Symphony Hooked featured a Happy Hour special that included a glass of beer or wine and a daily appetizer for $10.  Unfortunately Navigator will not offer a Hooked Happy Hour special, at least not initially.

On this sailing a shipment of Oysters destined for Navigator was inadvertently delivered to Mariner of the Seas also home ported in Miami at present.  Consequently no Oysters for Hooked on this sailing while guests on the 3 night Mariner sailing this weekend are in for a surprise treat.

• Like 2

Chops Grille

Located in the Windjammer deck 11 aft.

Chops was refreshed receiving new carpet, new chairs, drapes and some new decorations.

V4BPnwK.jpg

hGWTlyW.jpg

Mr18D0f.jpg

KTToKSI.jpg

8O8tTW0.jpg

xbuddqB.jpg

Lunch menu:

rjsR6xa.jpg

Dinner Menu:

nJXNMkN.jpg

pItlUDw.jpg

Kids menu:

iItbnTo.jpg

Desserts:

QkeVSEv.jpg

Jamie's Italian

Located within the Windjammer on deck 11, Jamie's Italian takes the place of Giovanni's.  

6aoOUMR.jpg

r7ixmM2.jpg

fMCoqoS.jpg

Y32d3aq.jpg

dXM6suz.jpg

v0qVw9b.jpg

Mer7AJZ.jpg

ZAjJhM2.jpg

tiQYAmC.jpg

TT9igk6.jpg

Here is the dinner menu.  The same menu is used at lunch however the Lamb Chops Scottadito and Chianti - Braised Short Ribs are not offered at lunch.

oQRWh3p.jpg

9WiAB8Z.jpg

1SxHuiA.jpg

P82CtkY.jpg

7v8y5zm.jpg

h9N2Xpz.jpg

While we are up here in the Windjammer, here is how it looks with the updates.

pluWCbN.jpg

Hand washing station but no blow dryers like some ships have.

yoFLvJE.jpg

K060fFS.jpg

fszfAlC.jpg

EL8sBAJ.jpg

The CocaCola Freestyle drink dispensers are tucked away near the windows mid-Windjammer on port and starboard.

CfqVzmL.jpg

• Like 1

Playmakers

What can I say that pictures can't?

Izh4SJp.jpg

oachjyV.jpg

xhW1qQM.jpg

Pool is free.

PopQuKf.jpg

uAsYmKE.jpg

4Hra9ct.jpg

CXwRPm7.jpg

GXBLFDj.jpg

9deS5Xk.jpg

CMpWvOU.jpg

My5GZ7v.jpg

These arcade games are $1 per play.  Swipe you SeaPass card. 

Hlqocko.jpg

Shuffleboard is free.

pnbB2xW.jpg

PRckE0z.jpg

sCsH1Tx.jpg

dcq3Q67.jpg

3nR101v.jpg

NBM75i8.jpg

Dinner one night was Playmakers because I had a craving for wings.  First a beer.

cH8Pl1O.jpg

I ordered the 'Major League' wings and they were hot.  Very good, but very hot.  Took a few beers to wash them down, but I liked them enough I came back another night.  

2oUdpxN.jpg

The second time the wings were even hotter.  Tears rolling down my face, but very good.  

If you don’t like it hot, order the milder version.

The Bamboo Room

BuGlEef.jpg

Located on the deck 5 Promenade.  

TZDLcrt.jpg

pv1zxFx.jpg

First let's take a look around.

7RKf5Ga.jpg

KRyfiKT.jpg

YQmt56M.jpg

5F0kqcV.jpg

zu4LHMa.jpg

RrDGDRE.jpg

OCqN50f.jpg

Uia5sK9.jpg

YrdJ6Q9.jpg

Video display in the wall runs a loop of somewhere very pretty.  

3FBDXCI.jpg

Cliff hangs out in the corner to keep an eye on the place and occasionally speaks ups.

qJRTeGN.jpg

The drink menu is unique to the Bamboo Room and all mixed drinks are hand made.  While other bars may have pre-made Mojito mix or other frequently used mixer, every drink is hand made here to exacting standards.   There are two frozen drinks that have their own frozen drink dispenser so the frozen concoctions are not hand made.

oYXyIPN.jpg

sKnE6wv.jpg

j4Pqz3x.jpg

They have their own kitchen with unique offerings found no where else.

Over the course of the cruise I've sampled a couple of drinks (yay drink package!).  For the drinks on the left priced at $14 I was charged $1 plus 18% using the Deluxe drink package ($1.18).

In many cases the glass used for each drink is unique and only found in The Bamboo Room.  They don't let them leave so if you want to go they'l use a 'to go' pouch.

Here are some of the drinks I've enjoyed...

The Royal Zombie:
cYBJQJK.jpg

Bennie's Mai Tai (pretty sure):

ZuU5Aym.jpg

Penicillin (possibly):

woOGLTJ.jpg

Saturn Landing (maybe):

uMk82Uj.jpg

The Bamboo Room Mojito:

mxWdkdY.jpg

Hand Shaken Pina Colada (I think):

GbEHu2U.jpg

Bamboo Swizzle:
(BTW that is Zoltan who is personally responsible for a few near hangovers)
vhltMDv.jpg

Island Old Fashioned:

bfDjRm2.jpg

I can't remember:

UcuCOBg.jpg

I can't remember #2 (possibly a Saturn):

SxDf5hj.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of this drink on day 1 when I boarded Navigator.  It was literally the first drink I had.   So I'm going to cheat and borrow this photo from Mariner.  On the Run:

ACg5ieT.jpg

Hemingway Daiquiri:

xYIa6ds.jpg

Navy Grog:

VInvQn0.jpg

Jet Pilot (very similar to the Navy Grog):

DTvmYDZ.jpg

I asked what the "bowl" is like.  Some drinks are available for sharing and I was curious how big the 'bowl' was:

Here it is:
hVqw5IT.jpg

Next to my drink for a size comparison:

8txaJcK.jpg

Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders:
(Very good flavors)
nHTJItJ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Starbucks

Deck 4 near the aft elevators.  They accept SeaPass card and just about all the normal land based Starbucks forms of payments such as gift cards, rewards and the Starbucks  app.  This can vary from ship to ship but like Mariner they seem to have learned from the Oasis class experience and it functions more like a land based Starbucks you might find within a grocery store or within a 3rd party retail store.

kWkFaBm.jpg

d06RJv0.jpg

4jPzwH6.jpg

8g9N3hZ.jpg

F45eX1J.jpg

hLCRm4i.jpg

Uu29irc.jpg

Johnny Rockets Express

First using the name Express but similar to Johnny Rockets on Anthem also located on the pool deck near the aft elevators.

L4MIM4s.jpg

cb1GSNB.jpg

kekOlyO.jpg

QRs8A6W.jpg

xbw7L2B.jpg

62sFhGZ.jpg

82nEljG.jpg

JR milk shakes are not covered by any drink package with or without purchasing a meal.

El Loco Fresh

Pool side deck 11.

This has become a favorite lunch spot on many days.  Instead of heading into the Windjammer I've found myself coming here for a quick bite.

It's very popular and it took some time to get photos without lots of people in them.  In fact I had to wait until night time to get a wide angle shot like this:

TSbBgdC.jpg

Like the Windjammer there are hand washing stations at each end.

uBDmbXW.jpg

They have some pre-cooked options such as Chicken or Cheese Quesadillas and Chicken or Beef Burritos.

luVbz1B.jpg

9pq5RGt.jpg

For me the soft tacos are the reason I come here.   The tacos are made in a taco press right on the spot. 

93KOxB2.jpg

The initial soft taco station is staffed and based on your request they will put a taco on a plate then add which ever meat you request.  Choices are chicken, beef or pork.  

POpBsbo.jpg

Moving along they have self serve rice, beans, chili beef and cheese sauce.

b8kNI3x.jpg

Nachos are also available. 

j2pDyss.jpg

Then you head over the topping station and load up your nachos or tacos with all sorts of goodness.

uZMuz1V.jpg

imVkNNf.jpg

The guacamole isn't bad.  It may not be the best guac I've had but it's not terrible either.

All in all it's a nice quick spot to grab a bite especially when hanging out around the pool.

Gold Card Sun Deck Area

For guests staying a Grand Suite or above (Gold Card) the tiered seating that used to be reserved for Gold Cards is gone. 

The new Gold Card sun deck is deck 12 port side forward.

OS7ZbFB.jpg

Talking with the pool deck supervisor this appears to be the permanent location.  If it fills up they might block off the starboard side in the same area for additional Gold Card access.