MDR menu

carakris

can you get the MDR menu for the evening before you go eat, just incase what they are serving is not to your taste and want to eat somewhere else,  I don't want to wait to be seated and then nothing on the menu is what I want. Thanks it has been a long time since I cruised and I just don't remember

Yes, you can request to see the next day MDR evening menue.

I am Celiac so I need to pre-order the evening before, sometimes I am handed a booklet that has the whole week, sometimes it’s just for the next evening.  I ask our waiter and it is presented without any questions.

My husband always goes to look at the menu posted outside of the MDR during the day before we eat! Sometimes the menu posted on line is not accurate.

BTW part of the menu is there every night so that if you don't like the new things that day there are always basic broiled fish, chicken etc that you can order instead.

59 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

Yes, you can request to see the next day MDR evening menue.

I am Celiac so I need to pre-order the evening before, sometimes I am handed a booklet that has the whole week, sometimes it’s just for the next evening.  I ask our waiter and it is presented without any questions.

Sorry to get off topic, but how has your experience been, cruising with celiac? We're first time cruisers and a little concerned - have you ever been "glutened"? Has the MDR experience been okay? And do you ever risk eating at the buffet?

Thanks 🙂

Edited by KAP84

I prefer to eat in the MDR evening and breakfast/brunch on sea days because the waiters always help me choose menue items that are “safe” for me to eat.  If there is something that I want, they will ask the Chef to alter the recipe to be GF.  The odd time it’s not possible, but usually they can.  

On embarkation day, as soon as the MDR is open to meet with the M’d, I go introduce myself and make sure my file states GF passenger.

We always have Your Time Dining (not locked into a Dining Time), so we don’t necessarily have the same table or wait staff (although upon entering the MDR you can request specific waiter).  Each evening when we get to the Hostess Desk & give our room #, they have a pre-printed slip in my name with my dietary needs, which is given to our Waiter that night.

After the first night, where I must ask the Waiter for GF suggestions that night, while waiting for dessert I am presented (sometimes I do have to ask) with the menue for the next evening.  You can also pre-order the next day breakfast too.

When we eat at the Lido Buffet, I choose what I know to be safe food items ( fresh cracked eggs for eg.).  There is always a Chef vs staff working at the buffet, usually behind in the buffet kitchen area, that if asked will come out to help with food selections.

Let me know if you need more details, or if you are interested in more tips to help with eating GF on Carnival.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:34 AM, carakris said:

can you get the MDR menu for the evening before you go eat, just incase what they are serving is not to your taste and want to eat somewhere else,  I don't want to wait to be seated and then nothing on the menu is what I want. Thanks it has been a long time since I cruised and I just don't remember

You can look on the hub app for each dining night as soon as you are on board 

Also if there is not something you like ask your waiter if they can get you something different -- I have in the past been able to get something off menu because I asked for it the night before ... They are now always able to do this depends on if they have any left on hand.