Beach from pier Puntarenas

pelkoger

I’m trying to figure this out as well.  I heard that the Fiesta Resort does a day pass, but trying to confirm with them.  That’s about a 20 minute cab ride from the port.

For what it is worth there are restaurants and a beach right off the pier in Puntarenas.  There were a number of locals with their kids when I was there in January.  I just spent some time there when I was traveling solo, but now I’m going with my wife and 3 year old and want something a little nicer.

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2019 at 10:58 AM, pelkoger said:

Thanks. Really just looking for beach chairs bathroom a couple of soft drinks maybe a beer. 

You can get all that very near the cruise pier. We went to the beach (no chair) and swam, grabbed a beer and some food on the street that runs parallel to the beach.

10 hours ago, pelkoger said:

Thanks. Leaving from SanDiego. Any advice coming in 2 days early  have one half day and full day. Staying in Holiday Inn bayside. 

Do the USS Midway tour, get over to Coronado, maybe up to La Jolla if you have time. If you like beer, maybe Uber up to North Park to hit 3 or 4 of the breweries that are up there. Balboa Park has 12-15 museums, one for just about any interest there is.

Nearby neighborhood, Barrio Logan, has great Mexican food (unlike touristy Old Town).