Your best Haven price

Tapi

Don’t be shy! Can you share what was the best price that you’ve ever secured on a Haven suite  (before any upgrade offer)?

-Type of suite

-Ship

-Number of people

-Price pp

Thanks!

• Like 1

I love data so this thread is right up my alley.  PLUS I just booked my next cruise (so far my cheapest).  

-Type of suite: H7 - Forward Facing Penthouse 

-Ship: Getaway

-Number of people: 2

-Price pp: $1884*

*I won the poker tournament and got a free inside stateroom, value of apx. $1700 (850pp) on this cruise.  Total "retail" value would be $2734pp which isn't as good, but I didn't pay that! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jade 14 day TA April 2019

$4k/pp

2 BR haven suite

Itinerary for week 2 very similar to Europe cruise

Excluding TA incentives, I got $300 OBC, SDP, UBP, wifi, $50 excursion credit

Edited by erdoran
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple of years ago we took a cruise out of New Orleans on the Pearl.

We were in an Owner's Suite on the Pearl for 9 days for aprox. $6660 total.

Not sure it might have been a little more or less but that's a good guess on my part.

I think that included port charges, insurance and tips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tapi said:

Don’t be shy! Can you share what was the best price that you’ve ever secured on a Haven suite  (before any upgrade offer)?

-Type of suite

-Ship

-Number of people

-Price pp

Thanks!

2 Bedroom Haven

Breakaway (March 2016 out of NYC (7 Day Bahama & Florida) 

3 people in the cabin

$3600 all in total cost (kids sail free was orig promo)

original booked a mini suite and called the old upgrade number for 30 days straight (no lie) I wrote a review about the trip...not sure how to find it... the mini suite was $ 2600 all in....and when i called for upgrade the last cabin left in haven was a 2 bedroom...i said will you take $500 per person for me and my wife?? cust service rep said yes...i gave here credit card before she could change her mind...

** now this march we are doing same cruise but on the dawn in a family suite for $4916 all in.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone who responded! I’m new to NCL, although I’m constantly checking prices and reading about them.  

Yesterday, I found a forward Penthouse suite, category H8, for 6 nights on the Norwegian Encore for $1,269pp (family of 4). That price includes all taxes. It seems like a great price for a Haven suite, but noy knowing what’s considered a good deal on NCL, I wanted to check with you, fellow NCL experts! Interestingly, the Bliss sails the following day for 7 nights, but the price per person is $3,250pp! That price difference is what prompted me to start this thread. 

Thanks again for all your input and for taking the time to reply! 

57 minutes ago, erdoran said:

Is that $1269 x 4?  So a total of $5076?  Or $2438 total?  For $2438 it's a great deal, for $5076 not so great....what's the itinerary?

The itinerary is Harvest Caye (never been), Roatan (have only been to Mahogany Bay once and that was 10 years ago), and Costa Maya (been there a few times, but I enjoy the region enough to return).

It’s for 4 passengers. We paid a similar amount for an Aurea Suite on MSC in the Mediterranean from Civitavecchia last November, but that suite didn’t come with Yacht Club privileges which I compare with the Haven.

I’m comparing this rate for a Haven suite on the Encore with sailings that same week on Royal, MSC, Celebrity, and even Carnival, and the rate on the Encore is cheaper. Even a suite with a similar layout on Carnival’s Mardi Gras is almost an extra $1K (and that has zero suite perks, no free WiFi, and no free specialty dining). On MSC, I can get an Aurea suite for that price but not a Yacht Club suite. And on Royal, I can only get a junior suite (which doesn’t enjoy any of the perks that full suites come with).

I will keep comparing and searching, but right now I’m pretty satisfied with this price. 

Edited by Tapi

July 2018

Sailing from Venice italy

3 bed Garden Villa

Star

6 people

Total for 6 people $35,746.00 w/tax and port charges

DSC was not included "don't have records for this charge"

Included for 2 people UBP, UDP for 5 meals each, 250 minutes wifi

$50.00 Excursion credit per day for 2 people

This was a 7 day cruise

Feb 2019

Sailing from Miami Florida

3 bed Garden Villa

Jade

7 people

Total for 7 people $15,584.00 w/tax and port charges

DSC was not included "don't have records for this charge

Included for 2 people UBP, UDP for 3 meals each, 250 minutes wifi

$50.00 Excursion credit per day for 2 people

This was a 5 day cruise

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tapi said:

Thanks to everyone who responded! I’m new to NCL, although I’m constantly checking prices and reading about them.  

Yesterday, I found a forward Penthouse suite, category H8, for 6 nights on the Norwegian Encore for $1,269pp (family of 4). That price includes all taxes. It seems like a great price for a Haven suite, but noy knowing what’s considered a good deal on NCL, I wanted to check with you, fellow NCL experts! Interestingly, the Bliss sails the following day for 7 nights, but the price per person is $3,250pp! That price difference is what prompted me to start this thread. 

Thanks again for all your input and for taking the time to reply! 

I've been tracking Haven prices for a while on the Breakaway-class ships and newer. For a family of 4, with taxes (not including DSC or any other tips) and the 4 usual perks (50ShoreEx/Wifi/UDP/UBP), cabin price per day:

~1000 - low end of normal

< 900 - good price

< 800 - best price

So for a 7 day, 7k would be low end of normal, 5600-6300 is a good price, and less than 5600 is the best you're going to see these days.

For number nerds - the lowest I see right now is ~800pd (7 day), the median is 1355pd (7 day), and the most expensive is 3174pd (9 day).

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tomservo said:

For number nerds - the lowest I see right now is ~800pd (7 day), the median is 1355pd (7 day), and the most expensive is 3174pd (9 day).

Hey, thanks for that information! Figuring out the cost of our cruise pd, it seems like we are at $846. Am I reading correctly then that we have a good deal based on your numbers?

48 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Hey, thanks for that information! Figuring out the cost of our cruise pd, it seems like we are at $846. Am I reading correctly then that we have a good deal based on your numbers?

I got 5858 total price, divided 6 days would be 976pd, so not a bad price, especially for the Encore. I would put it in roughly the 5th percentile for Breakaway ships and above.

E855E234-9376-4F92-9518-1799A9D895F2.jpeg

6100C315-AB42-4BFC-8F5D-A3DC728AA540.jpeg

Edited by tomservo
  • Thanks 1

Nov 2017

EPIC Transatlantic - 13-night Cruise from BARCELONA

2 Bedroom Haven

5 passengers (2 adults & 3 kids aged 3, 5, 6)

$6,893.25 Total Cost

$1,050 OBC

$1,160 Cash Back through online shopping portal

It's not Haven, but I'll post anyway.  My last NCL sailing:

Winter 2017 Jewel 14 day Panama Canal

2 Bedroom non-Haven suite

$2849pp for two passengers plus $350pp taxes/fees

Free at sea was free for suites

Edited by Até

May 2015

Epic

Haven spa

10 days Canaries Islands and Morocco

It included drinks package and unlimited speciality dining plus shore excursions credit and something else

£2000 per person. Only did it because we were originally in a mini suite for £1500 per person. So with Havana access and spa pass and other things added it was a no brained. 

Plus we also got 30 latitudes points so went straight to gold after only one cruise. 

Since then we been in Haven again for roughly same price but only 9 days and limited speciality dining. Still drink package and shore excursions. 

Won't pay more than that for the haven.