Mykonos Walking Tour

Yankee123

Mykonos town is small and great fun just to wander around- you can’t really miss anything, no map necessary. Don’t try to walk into town from the dock, although it’s not far, the road is quite narrow with no footpaths. There is a shuttle by road or sea.

The way Mykonos is laid out you will almost certainly get lost at some point.  That was precisely the plan and is one of the charms.  It is quite small but no roads lead in any direct pattern.  Locals will point you in the right direction or you just keep going until a landmark shows up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:18 PM, marysb said:

Here is my photo blog of Mykonos.  Everything you see in the photos is within an15 min walk.  When you walk along the waterfront, you will see most of the charming old town, the maze of streets, windmills and little Venice.  https://maryandnormtravel.blogspot.com/search/label/Greece Mykonos

Beautiful pictures Mary!  Looks like you had a great time.  Your blog really makes me look forward to our trip coming up in 1 month

I used Google maps, satellite view to research Mykonos. It really helps getting to know the land. Mykonos is quite small and it is tough to miss anything there. I also used Tom's Port Guides for tips and suggestions. Below is a link to his Mykonos guide.

https://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/mykonos-08-01-2011.pdf

On 3/12/2019 at 9:42 PM, Omega1 said:

Mykonos town is small and great fun just to wander around- you can’t really miss anything, no map necessary. Don’t try to walk into town from the dock, although it’s not far, the road is quite narrow with no footpaths. There is a shuttle by road or sea.

This is if you are docked - the dock is some way from the town and not a good road to walk on - i.e. narrow and busy with traffic. You have two options - shuttle bus which will drop you at the local bus station or small boat which will drop you closer to the centre of town and costs a few euros

However if you are tendered you will be dropped by tender close to the town where the walk to the windmills is much shorter. Just walk with the water to your right and you will eventually reach Little Venice and the Windmills are just beyond there.

Edited by Bobal

On 7/7/2019 at 8:28 AM, Thrilled2012 said:

Beautiful pictures Mary!  Looks like you had a great time.  Your blog really makes me look forward to our trip coming up in 1 month

Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it.  You will have a wonderful time!  If you are going to Santorini as well, I have found the shopping and souvenirs to be less expensive there.  Mykonos can be a bit pricey .  Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...