Luxury cruise line with kids

josephml1

Crystal would probably be a good choice. The ships are larger (850-950 passengers), therefore, more activities. If there are more than a few children on a sailing there will be Junior Activity Directors on board to lead the special activities planned for children. There are special rooms on the ships - one for children and one for teens. If, by December you mean over Christmas, Santa Claus will be there Christmas morning to give each child a gift from the cruise line.

My question is why do you want to try a luxury cruise line with kids? Most luxury cruise lines have absolutely no diversions for children and they will be very bored. That leaves you, as the parent, to be the one in charge of their amusement and behavior for the entire cruise. Are you willing to give up you own enjoyment for the sake of keeping your children occupied so that they don't annoy the other passengers? 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, wripro said:

My question is why do you want to try a luxury cruise line with kids? Most luxury cruise lines have absolutely no diversions for children and they will be very bored. That leaves you, as the parent, to be the one in charge of their amusement and behavior for the entire cruise. Are you willing to give up you own enjoyment for the sake of keeping your children occupied so that they don't annoy the other passengers? 

But, as I said, Crystal does provide for children. So, that's why I recommended it. Your anti-children bias as to luxury cruising is well know here on Cruise Critic, but others have different feelings.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, josephml1 said:

a family friendly luxury cruise line

What makes for a "family friendly" line?  I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Crystal does have a children's program and one for teens, and I know children are also welcome at most (all?) of the other activities on board, should they have an interest in them. 

5 hours ago, wripro said:

why do you want to try a luxury cruise line with kids?

Why not?   Not all kids need someone to arrange activities for them; they read, do crafts, and play cards, and they're no more likely to be bored than any other passenger.   The last time I saw children on board a luxury cruise, he was dancing at a dixieland show, and having a great time without causing his parents or any other passenger any bother.

Some parents travel with a babysitter or nanny for their children, and some parents travel with a large extended family group and have grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins to help monitor the children. 

• Like 1