Anthem of the Seas - Is There a Formal Night???

There definitely is....and depending on how long your cruise is, depends on how many "formal" nights there are.  I think where the confusion may be, is that the "formal" nights tend to not be so formal anymore.....they have lessened the dress code and you will find everything from gowns to quite casual.  On my last cruise, HOTS, it was a mix but seemed like quite a few were dressed to the 9's!  My next cruise is in May, on the Anthem, and we have 2 formal nights (9-day).

1 hour ago, Edhoff said:

Yes, but I'm on vacation. I wear dockers and a collared shirt.  Wife just wears dressy top, slacks, capris.

And it needs to be said that that is perfectly fine! You make a reasonable effort to look presentable but you want to be comfortable. No one should feel pressured to dress in full formal regalia. We do, and we enjoy it but lots of folks would rather pack light and not sweat the small stuff! 

18 hours ago, Edhoff said:

Yes, but I'm on vacation. I wear dockers and a collared shirt.  Wife just wears dressy top, slacks, capris.

That is fine attire....I have to tell a quick story....On my last cruise on HOTS, we were busy that day and never looked at the Cruise Compass and needless to say, never realized it was formal night!  On our way to the MDR, we noticed some people really dressed and people having their photos taken.  We got to the MDR and on our way to our table, I noticed people with lobster tail for dinner (more then what would be normal, as you can pay for this, if you choose).  I look at the menu and see it offered, and realized it was indeed formal night!!  Well, needless to say, we were dressed casually but nice, and never felt out of place!  In all the cruises that I have been on, I never overlooked a formal night!  Not that I am a "gown-wearing" person, but I do wear something "dressy".  So with this being said, you will definitely be fine in what you are planning to wear!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 11:19 AM, bermudadude54 said:

Day 2 and Day 8

On 3/13/2019 at 12:14 PM, JohnSpo said:

Great.  This works with my current dining plans.  Thank you.

I’ve never seen formal nights on the last night of a cruise.  More likely the formal night would be night 2 and 7.

4 hours ago, sellwingri said:

I think you might mean Day 2 and Day 7 on an 8 day cruise.  No formal nights on the last day of a cruise because most are either packed or are packing.

Thanks for your incorrect assessment of my reply.  The cruise in question is 9 nights and formal night are in fact 2 and 8