Ocean Medallion Wristband?

imapost2003

19 hours ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

@wildcats40 If a guest were to lose their Medallion while off the ship, the guest would present their government i.d., and port security would radio the ship and to come meet the guest at the check point.  After confirming the guest's identity at the check point, crew security would then search and confirm the guest's security photo and clear them to embark the ship. Once back on board, that guest would go to the guest services desk to request a new Medallion.

I lost my medallion at our very first port call.  I notified the Princess employee as we entered the dock, she confirmed my identity by my passport, and before we even got to the gangway another Princess employee was waiting for me with a brand new medallion and lanyard.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, voljeep said:

is / if Princess is still offering the option of getting a cruise card 'instead' of a Medallion ... will that process end and only the Medallion will be available if you choose to cruise Princess

as an aside ... your postings are very much appreciated ...

Thank you @voljeep. More than 99% of guests sailing on MedallionClass ships are opting for the Medallion, and enjoying the enhanced experience. But if a guest prefers the traditional key card, we'll be happy to arrange that through guest services. They'll still be able to enjoy everything they love about their Princess cruise vacation, though they'll miss out on seamless cabin entry, service on demand, being able to locate members of their travel party on board, taking advantage of turn-by-turn directions, and enhanced interactions with crew, all enabled by the Medallion. And should a guest opt for a key card and then change their mind mid cruise, we'll be happy to issue them another Medallion.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Yes, cheaper in advance, but shipping charges make them more expensive.

@steelers36 Many guests are finding that the ultimate in guest experience and personalization is when their Medallion and preferred accessories are delivered before they leave home, so that they're ready to cruise as soon as they arrive at their port. Important to note that while there is a one-time shipping charge for accessories purchased in advance, its a flat fee that is applied to the entire order and not per item, so the more you order, the more cost-effective the purchase ends up being and you're guaranteed to get the sizes and colors you want.

Guests opting to shop for their accessories after boarding have a couple ways to order - they can make their purchase at OceanFront or use OceanNow from the MedallionClass app or on their stateroom TV. Whatever method our guests prefer, all options are available.

4 hours ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

@steelers36 Many guests are finding that the ultimate in guest experience and personalization is when their Medallion and preferred accessories are delivered before they leave home, so that they're ready to cruise as soon as they arrive at their port. Important to note that while there is a one-time shipping charge for accessories purchased in advance, its a flat fee that is applied to the entire order and not per item, so the more you order, the more cost-effective the purchase ends up being and you're guaranteed to get the sizes and colors you want.

Guests opting to shop for their accessories after boarding have a couple ways to order - they can make their purchase at OceanFront or use OceanNow from the MedallionClass app or on their stateroom TV. Whatever method our guests prefer, all options are available.

Thanks for the reply.  I only need one wrist band, but I understand your point if needed more.  I have not ordered the FitBit straps suggested on here either as I don't need multiples.  I really think I just want a clip, so I will look for them on board in November.

PS - I am sure all of us appreciate your participation on Cruise Critic.

Edited by steelers36
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2019 at 9:08 PM, steelers36 said:

Yes, cheaper in advance, but shipping charges make them more expensive.

Hi Mr. G,

You don’t need a sportsband. This is so much better. (See photo) and a lot people will ask you how can we get one.

Your going to love this 😁

Your Pal,

Tony

C12017A2-8E22-4B8D-B049-7424664E2531.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mr. G,

You don’t need a sportsband. This is so much better. (See photo) and a lot people will ask you how can we get one.

Your Pal,

Tony

You are simply incorrigible my friend.  I should figure out if I can slip a Medallion on this: 

61QYat4Br3L._SL1500_.jpg

9 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mr. G,

Your Pal,

Tony

I did just have a thought though.  Princess should cut a deal with the NFL and passengers could order Medallions in team colors/logos for an extra small fee.  Wouldn't that be fun!  Instead of showing status, you have team colors.  Of course that means I would have a black Medallion and you would have blue I guess.  Hmm.....

9 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I did just have a thought though.  Princess should cut a deal with the NFL and passengers could order Medallions in team colors/logos for an extra small fee.  Wouldn't that be fun!  Instead of showing status, you have team colors.  Of course that means I would have a black Medallion and you would have blue I guess.  Hmm.....

Nice one 😁 you got me this time. Mr.G.

But wait a minute I for got to tell you this. Go Steelers! Go Patriots!!!!!!

Your Pal, Tony 

27B873B4-A5C2-4BC7-87BD-1E30E5FFFE3A.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Mr. G,

I love it. No kidding.

Tony

I don't suppose you would get me one for Christmas, would you?  (I would not enjoy Cruise Critic near as much if I did not have my Boston friend on here to chat with - only reason I asked).

Edited by steelers36

8 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I don't suppose you would get me one for Christmas, would you?  (I would not enjoy Cruise Critic near as much if I did not have my Boston friend on here to chat with - only reason I asked).

Mr. G,

I’m going to talk to my friend  Santa Claus this week. Check under the tree 🌲  Christmas morning. 😁.

OK all kidding aside I feel the same as you. Now i’m only going to do this once. GO STEELERS !!!! 

Tony

79E817AE-186D-4904-9799-0926D58CE864.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Mr. G,

I’m going to talk to my friend  Santa Claus this week. Check under the tree 🌲  Christmas morning. 😁.

OK all kidding aside I feel the same as you. Now i’m only going to do this once. GO STEELERS !!!! 

Tony

And right back at ya:

Image result for photo of drew bledsoe as new england QBGo Patriots!

10 hours ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

Can the accessories be paid for on the ship with on board credit?

We ordered two "fitbit" style wristbands from a third party source and found that, even though the medallion from a past cruise fit in the wristband, trying to fasten the wristband was next to impossible.  OK, lesson learned.

So, for our upcoming Sept.22nd voyage we went back to the Ocean Ready site and ordered two of the Princess wristbands a week ago and we should have them in time for the voyage.  If not, the lanyard still is an option and we'll use the wristbands on the December 20th voyage.

6 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Mr. G,

Just  remember if it wasn’t for Bledsoe getting hurt Brandy would have sat on the bench a longtime. 😳

777507EB-9ACC-42C8-9587-154A7BF9C670.jpeg

True enough, but don't forget that Tom played college football and U of Mich where he learned the craft but didn't get to use the tools until he landed in NE.

11 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mr. G,

Your Pal,

Tony

C12017A2-8E22-4B8D-B049-7424664E2531.jpeg

OK but can we get 49rs ???? 🙂

On 8/22/2019 at 6:26 PM, AskOceanMedallion said:

Thank you @voljeep. More than 99% of guests sailing on MedallionClass ships are opting for the Medallion, and enjoying the enhanced experience. But if a guest prefers the traditional key card, we'll be happy to arrange that through guest services. They'll still be able to enjoy everything they love about their Princess cruise vacation, though they'll miss out on seamless cabin entry, service on demand, being able to locate members of their travel party on board, taking advantage of turn-by-turn directions, and enhanced interactions with crew, all enabled by the Medallion. And should a guest opt for a key card and then change their mind mid cruise, we'll be happy to issue them another Medallion.

I really like the feature of finding my cabin mate but is there a way of turning off the "find the cabin" feature that shows on one of the boards around the ship? It appears to be a security flaw that hasn't yet been fixed and gives anyone who finds a lost Medallion unauthorized access to your cabin.