Suites and complimentary bar set up

TrinaLC

I wonder what that means? A daily replenish of several types of liquor and mini fridge like MSC Yacht Club? Or more like NCL Owners Suite which has a one time stock of several bottles of liquor as specified by the guest?

anyone know?

I asked about this specifically for a SCB (Cheeky Corner Suite).  This was as of about three weeks ago.  Here was the Q/A:

Q:  I just booked a SCB for a Sep 2020 sailing and I see it comes with a "fully stocked in-room bar" - what does this entail? Does it include beer, wine and liquor? Is it re-stocked throughout the voyage?

A:  As of right now it is to be determined. You should find more info closer to the cruise. I do know it will be a mixture of liquor. No beers as of right now

One of the perks of the Mega Rock Star Suites is the ability to customize the bar to the guest's liking.  This implies that the basic suites will only get a setup of Virgin's choosing, and not necessarily ones that the guest has an interest in drinking.

• 2 months later...

I noticed in a description of a suite where it mentions a stocked bar that it also said the first drink was on them. Not the first setup but the first drink. I called and the agent explained that the fully stocked bar, whether their standard selection of bottles or customized for mega suites, was basically a convenience and not free - other than the first drink you make is on them. Really? So I explained my conundrum in that if the suite came with an open bar, one set of 750ml bottles, say just Gin and Vodka, maybe Rum, I’d go for it. But for the sheer convenience of making my own drinks and paying for them - like are they measuring the bottles (?), a standard balcony would be fine. The other perks aren’t that important, including Richards Club which also is advertised with a full bar, but drinks are not complimentary? She seemed to agree a standard balcony would be great and that I am going to have so much fun I won’t want to be tired at night or sleeping in late from over consumption. Sure, agreed. But I just don’t get it. 

• 8 months later...

We will be booking for 2021 based on the feedback on this forum.  We are looking forward to the adults only experience. We don't have children and book AO resorts because we don't want to be around unruly children (unruly adults are another issue.:classic_dry:). Anticipated having cocktails while lounging on our balcony and maybe enjoying a nightcap out there in the evening from the "fully stocked full size bar" in a Rock Star suite. The other perks are nice (premium wi-fi, rooftop access, private transfers) and the king bed and large bathroom are beautiful, but the bar was the selling point. Hey, we have our priorities...don't judge lol!

Otherwise might book a Sea View Terrace XL and save over $2,000 (that's quite a bar tab!) 

I have a Cheeky Corner Suite booked for May. When trying to decide whether I would need the $300 ($400) Bar Package, I called and asked what was included in the Room Set Up.

He read me a list and it sounds like the basic set up of any Hotel Mini Bar. It will not be replenished. There will be one of each, small Vodka, Gin, etc.  as well as one of each Red, White Wines, Beers, and mixers and Red Bull.

Since I don't drink anything other than Red Wine and Whiskey, and don't like Red Bull, I bought the Drink Package.

I asked what will be included in the Villas on Bimini and he said it will be the same set up. I can use the $400 towards that too.

I am hoping that I can make friends with some other Suite Guests and maybe we can all do a Swap of what we do and don't want!

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 8:48 AM, TrinaLC said:

I wonder what that means? A daily replenish of several types of liquor and mini fridge like MSC Yacht Club? Or more like NCL Owners Suite which has a one time stock of several bottles of liquor as specified by the guest?

anyone know?

I was told they will replenish once, once they stock something if you use it you pay for it.  Seems difficult to track, I'm in a Cheeky Suite.  So one round is the entire mini-bar once!

7 hours ago, happygolucky62 said:

I have a Cheeky Corner Suite booked for May. When trying to decide whether I would need the $300 ($400) Bar Package, I called and asked what was included in the Room Set Up.

I am hoping that I can make friends with some other Suite Guests and maybe we can all do a Swap of what we do and don't want!

That is actually a great idea! We are sailing May 3 and would gladly swap our Whiskey for your vodka 😜

• 10 months later...

So I chatted with someone at Virgin about this topic last night. If you book a Rock Star cabin, you are given a choice of one set up which is included in the price of the cabin. Anything outside of the chosen setup or if you ordered additional bottles would be at additional cost. So far the four choices are: Option 1 - "Rose All Day" [4x 750ml bottles of Rose Wine]; Option 2 - "The Bubs" [4x 750ml bottles of sparkling wine]; Option 3 - "Grape Mix Master" [4x 750ml assorted wines including champagne, rose, red, white]; Option 4 - "Spirit Takeover" [5x 375ml Spirits bottles & some mixers]. 

They claim some substitutions & special requests prior to sailing may be possible. They claim they are working on putting together an additional non-alcoholic choice. I have to say, these choices are frustrating. As someone who is familiar with all these products (but no longer drinks), I would have a hard time deciding which of these to choose or be content with. It seems like the spirits option offers the most value.  

Specific Brands included in the four options are pasted below:

• Bertani Bertarose Italian Rose
  • Chateau Minuty French Rose
  • Cune Spanish Rose
  • Decoy American Rose
  •  
  • Moet Imperial Champagne
  • Villa Sandi Prosecco
  • Honey Bubbles Moscato D'Asti
  • Moet Chandon Brut Sparkling
  •  
  • Moet Imperial Champagne
  • Decoy American Rose
  • Caymus Conundrum White Blend
  • Chalk Hill Pinot Noir
  •  
  • Belvedere Vodka
  • Hendricks Gin
  • Bacardi Superior Rum
  • Buffalo Trace Bourbon
  • Casa Noble Reposado Tequila
  • London Essence Ginger Beer x 2
  • London Essence Classic Tonic x 2
  • Red Bull x 2
  • Sugar Free Red Bull x 2
Edited by being_there

• 3 months later...

For the rockstar suites, you choose 1 of the following. One time stocking. 

Option 1:

Rose All Day (750 ml bottles)

Bertani Bertarose Italian Rose

Chateau Minuty French Rose

Cune Spanish Rose

Decoy American Rose

Option 2:

The Bubs (750 ml bottles)

Moet Imperial Champagne 

Villa Sandi Prosecco

Honey Bubbles Moscato D'Asti

Moet Chandon Brut Sparkling

Option 3:

Grape Mix Master (750 ml bottles)

Moet Imperial Champagne 

Decoy American Rose

Caymus Conundrum White Blend

Chalk Hill Pinot Noir

Option 4:

Spirit Takeover (375 ml bottles of spirits)

Belvedere Vodka

Hendricks Gin

Bacardi Superior Rum

Buffalo Trace Bourbon

Casa Noble Reposado Tequila

London Essence Ginger Beer x 2

London Essence Classic Tonic x 2

Red Bull x 2

Sugar Free Red Bull x 2

Option 5:

Namaste Away From The Mini Bar (Non-alcoholic)

Health-Ade Pink Lady Kombucha x 2

Healthy-Ade Ginger Lemon Kombucha x 2

Red Bull x 2

Sugar Free Red Bull x 2

Heineken 0.0 x2

$100 Bar Tab for Non-Alcoholic Offerings at ship restaurants and bars

On 4/17/2021 at 5:07 PM, isdoo said:

Option 5:

Namaste Away From The Mini Bar (Non-alcoholic)

Health-Ade Pink Lady Kombucha x 2

Healthy-Ade Ginger Lemon Kombucha x 2

Red Bull x 2

Sugar Free Red Bull x 2

Heineken 0.0 x2

$100 Bar Tab for Non-Alcoholic Offerings at ship restaurants and bars

The non-alcoholic option is interesting. We're not big drinkers but have one or 2 alcoholic drinks a day but would be unlikely to drink in room - most likely in the evening with/after dinner. I know the $100 specifies non-alcoholic but is it possible to spend it on alcohol do you know? I think if it was $150 we'd definitely do it but not sure at $100.